Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linda Irish

I Know So Little This Is True....a poem

Here I am in the forum again where we talk about anything but the dreams...So I want to share a poem with you all, I love to write and seven years ago God told me to write all the stories of the expeiences that we have had together. After all this time it is finally coming to, well, if not to harvest....at least to fruition :o) But I love to write and I wanted to share a poem that I wrote to God when I first fell in love with Him .

I know so little this is true,
but in my deepest darkest hours my heart is comforted by you.
Insight grows with passing days
observing others and their ways
but through the times of misty haze...its your love, shining through.

Others told me who to be,
what to do, or how to see....
but truth was revealed to me through your love
and it's constancy.

You instilled in me a desire to grow
you reached out til you touched my soul
and made me know that I was whole..and that I never was alone.

I know so little, this is true....but you know, I think the world of you!!!!

Any other poets out there....Ill go get my second cup of coffee and be right back :o)!!!!

I wrote this in 2003...

LOVE WILL UNDERSTAND

Have you ever felt a love so powerful and true
That no matter what you’ve done, it’s always there for you

Through times of sorrow and there is no one else
When you feel all you have is hidden within yourself

Love will understand the pain you have inside
When the trials of life, have taken you for a ride

There will be times when you will make a mistake
Forgive and be forgiven is all that it takes

Look ahead and far beyond your past
The world never stopped, it’s still moving fast

Love will understand, you’re only human not perfection
Always be there with you for guidance and protection

Those times you feel depressed for what ever reason
Always remember, you too will have your season

Dry up your tears and put on your pretty face
And be patient to be carried to a beautiful place.

I don't write poems, but I love reading them. You ladies have a definate gift. Praise God! I love to read what's on the heart of others toward their God...the Lover of their souls.

Thanks for sharing.

What a gift you girls have! Just lovely, I was very blessed by your sharing!

Thank you!

Virtuous that is beautiful...I am going to copy and paste for my own copy.....:o)... I have another poem, to the Father that is.....

WHEN I COME HOME

When I come home,

I shall lay my cheek upon your marble stairs..

and I will be so happy there.

Ooooohhh! I will post one too. This is a poem that is more like a song. I was just dying to hear from the Lord. This was my cry on 4-19-03. I love to write too. It is like a release to me.

Brush

Oh, brush your presence across my soul
Lord align my will with Yours
Hold me so that I won't fail
To hear Your passionate voice
And make me a vessel fit for You
Make me a vessel fit for You

Jesus, I'm pleading for a break in this silence
My soul is craving to hear Your voice
These earthly things seem to crowd You out Lord
In this long and lonesome sea of noise

Oh, glance Your Word across my ear
Build my faith in You
Reminded of inward desires Lord
I wanna be just like You
You are the only Faithful and True

I have tons of writings but this one was not even in a style that I would normally write in. This was a prayer and a plea for that time from my heartfelt distress.

Ladies, your stuff is so beautiful! Don't you just love how the Lord just puts a song (psalm) on our lips even (more often than not for me!) when things look so dark?

Traci

Traci..beautiful...Reading these poetic words to and of God brings a song to my heart...Jesus lover of my sooouuuullll....

Traci and Virtuous, I think we need to ask Mia to open up poetry in christ forum....these are beautiful and moving...God is Good!

I think that's a great idea, Linda! The only suggestion I have is that posters consider copyrighting their material before posting to avoid potential problems. Mia recently discovered that another website lifted work directly from this website and posted it on theirs as though it was their own work.... duh

Wow, I never thought of that but it is a good idea. I have written a lot of music, as we are a musical family,and when I did research on copyright, in the late 90's, the advice to avoid paying for a copyright, was to mail a packet of all your work to yourself.

This unopened and post dated, clearly sealed envelope was then your proof that the work was your own. I don't know if that still holds true today. It is worth investigating! :9)

when I did research on copyright, in the late 90's, the advice to avoid paying for a copyright, was to mail a packet of all your work to yourself.

This unopened and post dated, clearly sealed envelope was then your proof that the work was your own. I don't know if that still holds true today. It is worth investigating! :9).

I've done some investigating into what is called "a poor man's copyright," or what you just described, and it does NOT hold up in court.

I know copyright is different in different countries but I have been told that cause it has your name on it, it is yours even if it is online.

A copyright symbol helps but is not even necessary in Australian law so i have been lead to believe.

I just looked it up and this is true of Australia but I looked up the US and there are many laws with regards to different forms of media,patents etc so please look these up, you can google it.

There would be copyright issues so unless we are prepared to follow our own national copyright laws I would imagine this to be a bit tricky without having to put some kind of terms and conditions on the actual "poetry" section of the forum if it were to be on this site.

This is what I think but I am no lawyer on intellectual property via the net.