Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linda Irish

A Mouse is in my House

I know this sounds strange for a Christian web site but help. I have lived in my home for 26 years and never had a mouse in my house. Now Ive been hearing wierd sounds and finally when I was sitting in bed drinking coffee one morning a little mouse ran into my doorway paused and looked up at me. I was flabberghasted. He is so cute...but I know they can have babies and eat your house up so I got a little mouse trap at the store and it is suppose to trap the little guy in the house once he goes looking for bait....then I just throw him away..(but i think I will release him in a nearby field...we live in CA and it is still quite survivable weather. The problem is that I have baited the trap and waited 3 days.....the mouse will have nothing to do with it. help!!!!! please. please. Any effective ideas? nerd Linda Irish

Oh man Linda! I have "effective ideas" but not for what you want to do. I've not known anyone that has the heart that you do to release the mouse back into the "wild". If you change your mind, let me know...

Have you heard of those sticky glue plastic mouse traps? Put something like cheese on it and put it in corners where most mouses would be like the bathrooms kitchins and dining rooms. Something like this

Yeah, but it's messy and then you have to touch the mouse to get it off of the sticky stuff to let it go and...*clearing throat*...there is a possibility that the whole mouse will not come off of the sticky stuff.

Ok...I bought on of those little trap houses...but i swear I can almost hear the little mouse laughing as he is making all sorts of noises eating my walls and everything...I thought maybe I didnt bait the trap well enough so i went online and (I baited it with peanut butter) and they said to add anything that is sticky and sweet so I added some maple syrup a few hours ago and still nothing...my husband wanted to go after him last night, with a broom stick and I stopped him.
I dont like the idea of half a mouse sticking to the paper either, is there such a thing as "painless poison?"

Linda, my solution in a similar situation was to get two cats... laugh

I couldn't decide and the trap house didn't work nor did the sticky sheets... bandaid ...but since I brought the cats home, no problem and it's been three years....

Also...years ago, when my mother first moved to her area, the were still building on the hill. When they cut down all of the shrubs, the mice were EVERYWHERE. When you went into the stores you couldn't find traps, poison or anything. My mother went to a hardware store miles down the road and found this box of poison. I guess it's like candy to the mice. Well, when they eat it, they die, but what it also does is causes them NOT to smell so when they die you really don't know where they are. We were told that they usually go where they camp out, and die there. My mom had 2 or 3 mice in the house and when she put this box of poison out, she never saw the mice again...not even their carcuses.

Just another option for you!!! flower

Chollette, Would your mom still know the name of the mouse poison? I checked the little trap today...still no mouse. hmmmm
I feel bad about it but I gave the lttle guy a chance to be "caught and released" Thanks everyone...

Linda, Its called D con!
In my apmt I saw a cute little mouse once and then monthes later found poopies next to the trash in the kitchen.
We did the glue trap with peanut butter n toast a few years ago, caught a mouse, put it in a bucket drove away and were going to release it into the woods - it got out of the bucket ran into the truckbed and took off!

I never thought "a mouse" was going to be such an exciting adventure but since the little trap isnt working and its been a week, and since my husband is not in to having an inside cat, D con it is....gulp. Awwww poor little guy. Thanks for all your help guys.

This last mouse just left on his own-I am closing up the trash bags at night to kep him from coming back.
The dcon is still outside my door.

I raised eight kids...and I just cant make myself take on one more animal in the house...lol. My husband it pretty low maintenance...but a cat? I am just not ready for the training and the hair and the sandbox, and on and on........ but thanks! I did get the D-Con and put it out where my little grandchildren cannot reach...sad for the little critters...but I hope I hope I hope it works.

Ok...the little traps that "catch" the mice just sat around and were never visited even once....I asked my husband to pick up the poison and put it in a few stragic places and the last of two little mice just met his reward.

No more knocking in the walls at night...but they were such cute little guys...I dont ever want to have to do THAT again...thanks for all your help guys.

We has mice scratchomng in the walls and in my ebay closet Dad put out D con and the scratching stopped. !