Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

PS tips and tricks

tip10.png

Opening Multiple Mystery Boxes
Unlike other items in Pet Society you can double click on the GMB's in your chest and they automaticly appear in your room, that mean no more clicking and dragging into the room! This works for RMB's and BMB's too!

Change the contents of a Mystery Box
This is a bit more tricky to do. Follow these steps to never over spend on mystery boxes again (please note that this can be time consuming!).

How to work around the GMB glitch fix in Pet Society:

1. Log in. While in your pet's house, go to "Tools" and Click "Work Offline"
2. Go the Mystery Shop & purchase a Mystery Box.
3. Go home & open your box.
4. If you like the item inside the box, go to "Tools" again and Click "Work Offline" to turn it off. Now "Save". (Remember to be ONLINE when you save or sell your item).
5. If you don't like your item, hit "F5" (to refresh). A pop-up box will appear - click "Stay Offline".
6. When the page turns white, click "Connect".

Now repeat Step 1. Sounds like a lot of fuss but once you get in a routine it's easy!

Ensure your Trees are Producing lots of Fruit!
You may find your tree has stopped producing as much fruit as it used to, this "Barren Tree Syndrome" can be caused by putting furniture in your garden. Simple to fix this, remove any furniture/shelves/toys or anything from underneath your trees. Give it a day or so, your trees should now start producing plentiful fruit!

Refresh Without Reloading!

Thanks to Lazar for this tip!

When you trade,and send your items to a trader,you don`t have to refresh the page to get the payment! Just go to the bank! When you go to the bank,the game is automatically refreshed,and you will receive a message letter in the upper right hand side corner! Then go to your house,and the gift(s) will be there!

Visit Friends & Earn Coins Faster!

Thanks to Zoonie for this tip!

Visit your friends list "back to front" in theory. Go to the very end of the list of friends in PS and start visiting your friends who are on Pet Society less than others, these users tend to have less furniture etc.. in their house which will make your visit quick. So visit active members who have less Paw Points first, this means you can get round more pets and earn coins faster and get maximum profit!!

Open Mystery Boxes/Presents Faster!

If you have been "Gift Bombed" or just have a lot of Mystery Boxes/Presents to open then do this to save time:

1. Pull all Mystery Boxes to the room (if its presents they will already be there).

2. Open the Mystery Box/Present when it tells you what you got click on the tick.

3. Your pet starts dancing now, if you click the chest and click it again to exit his dance stops and you can get on with opening the next one, it might be seconds but they add up.

Guest Guest
There`s one tip I would like to share:

Gardening can be much easier if you just let the fruit grow. If the fruit grows on one tree, don`t harvest it. The fruit will spread in all trees in the garden,letting you have more products.

i always leave 1 fruit on the tree... if i remove everything then it takes forever to grow... (like what i did now Sad )

Guest Guest
And another one:

To get paw points faster, first thing you need to do is SAVE MONEY. Then buy a really expensive item,like bubble chair,and then send it to a trustworthy friend and tell him/her to send it back,and repeat the sending over and over and you`ll both receive a lot of paw points!

Lazar wrote:
There`s one tip I would like to share:

Gardening can be much easier if you just let the fruit grow. If the fruit grows on one tree, don`t harvest it. The fruit will spread in all trees in the garden,letting you have more products.

really??????????????

Guest Guest
Yup! It`s working for me, and all my friends!

Guest Guest
And another one:

This is a fast visiting trick. Click on your neighbor #1,and then press ENTER. Then choose the HUG option,and wait for them to hug. When they finish hugging,click fast on your second neighbor,and press ENTER,then click again,and press ENTER again,and then do the same.

Lazar wrote:
And another one:

To get paw points faster, first thing you need to do is SAVE MONEY. Then buy a really expensive item,like bubble chair,and then send it to a trustworthy friend and tell him/her to send it back,and repeat the sending over and over and you`ll both receive a lot of paw points!

This is already in the thread about paw points

If your pet is really hungry don't buy expensive food ... just cook a soup!! it makes your pet's health 100%

Guest Guest
Woops didn`t notice lol

Guest Guest
And another one:

Fishing - choose your bait,and cast at the pond,then if you don`t like the catch,just refresh the page immediately! After your PS loads,the bait will be there, like you never went fishing!

Oh wow just noticed Zoonie's pic in this thread, am flattered, thanks Lea

Ashamed I should of asked, but was rushing to get as much done as possible last night Ashamed Glad you dont mind Laughing

Guest Guest
Zoonie wrote:
Oh wow just noticed Zoonie's pic in this thread, am flattered, thanks Lea

I`m stunned by the pet society news picture! Rocky`s in it congratulations
 psnews10.png

Thank you Steve/Lea for that congratulations

my tip:
if you don't have many friends (wich is kinda impossble for us congratulations ) or you have another account (something like a storage) when you run a race on stadium, in the crowd, the random pets sometimes have the next weeks clothes on them!

i noticed that when my friend, who just started then, ran a race, (i was there with her) just before the new years week, and some pets had the silver and gold party hats on!
i just googled it and there really is a glitch like that!

lea75 wrote:
Ashamed I should of asked, but was rushing to get as much done as possible last night Ashamed Glad you dont mind Laughing

Of course I don't mind Smile Fame at last Laughing

By the way feedback on visiting the unattended pets first, today I noted that Zoonie earned 150 coins visiting just one of them

20 for the visit (no bonus for activity there, obviously) and a total of 130 for petting and cleaning him!
Not to be sniffed at, is it.

Yeah Tweet, I've seen pets in the stadium in clothes that haven't been released yet, always wondered if they're PF staff?
Didn't a staff member have a rainbow poo well before anyone else saw one?

not, they are just unrelease items that are already in the database, and the random pets just wear them (i'm not gonna lie, i made this up on the spot!)
i don't think those are the staff's pets, because they are always stinky and hidious congratulations

and i don't know about rainbow poo.... i only know i have one and it's resell price isn't 20, it's 1!

Guest Guest

It was 20 before it was cloned,then it was 1 coin resell price congratulations

Here is how to send Items from Fairy tale and Toy Mystery Eggs:
If someone wants something from a Fairytale Mystery Egg or Toy Mystery Egg. You can send items from those eggs by following these steps:
1. Buy a Fairytale or Toy Mystery Egg
2. Go home and save the game
3. Refresh
4. Go to file and Check ''Work offline''
5. Open the egg and see what you got( example. you get a Knight)
6. Refresh ( Work offline MUST be checked)
7. And now you know what will you get in it (you know that a Knight is in there if you got him)
This how to fulfill someone's wish to get a Knight for Example.

Lazar wrote:
And another one:

Fishing - choose your bait,and cast at the pond,then if you don`t like the catch,just refresh the page immediately! After your PS loads,the bait will be there, like you never went fishing!

HUH?! I fish ALOT...I also get ALOT of yuckie stuff like broken tires or empty boxes...so I just only use one bait over and over again? What do I do when I do want that fish?

Lazar wrote:
And another one:

I just wanted to post this. Laughing I knew this and posted it in the cafe.

mayski wrote:
Lazar wrote:
And another one:

HUH?! I fish ALOT...I also get ALOT of yuckie stuff like broken tires or empty boxes...so I just only use one bait over and over again? What do I do when I do want that fish?

if u want the fish don't refresh of course, just press the check button and the fish will be in your chest

It might be mentioned elsewhere, but today Steak is only 16 coins if you purchase it from the Petling Section of the Food Store, it's still 30 coins in the fridge for pets!

RikaRika wrote:
Lazar wrote:
Yup! It`s working for me, and all my friends!

hiya hun second reminder:

hellos10.png

As some of you know, I fried a stick of ram from my computer, by not putting it in all the way (hence my absence from the board lately) lol... Well it's fixed now (thank goodness!) Well I discovered that you can visit friends faster (even on a slow computer) by switching the toggle quality button... With a fast computer this works even faster. It makes visiting your friends seem so much easier than before....

Also for people like me who had trouble washing the pet continuously (it gets you 48 pawpoints to wash a completely dirty pet) If you are the low quality it also lets you move your mouse any which way over the pet and it doesn't stop.

Hope this trick helps!

Guest Guest
Here is another one:

Your pets health and hygiene can be frozen if your pet goes to the stadium. The game literally freezes and your pets health and hygiene bars aren't decreasing.
Not tested on Petlings though.

Guest Guest

no prob! Smile

lea75 wrote:
This is a bit more tricky to do. Follow these steps to never over spend on mystery boxes again (please note that this can be time consuming!).

4. If you like the item inside the box, go to "Tools" again and Click "Work Offline" to turn it off. Now "Save". (Remember to be ONLINE when you save or sell your item).
5. If you don't like your item, hit "F5" (to refresh). A pop-up box will appear - click "Stay Offline".

Now repeat Step 1. Sounds like a lot of fuss but once you get in a routine it's easy!

I have already discover this O_O Better late than never, I guess

You know, it would be possible to make pretty good money off the GMB trick. Just keep all the 999 items and sell them...

Guest Guest
I must keep this thread as a refferance!
There are so many good tricks... especialy with the GMB's and the Fishing!
Thanks to everyone who shared their ideas.

lea75 wrote:
 tip10.png

Opening Multiple Mystery Boxes
Unlike other items in Pet Society you can double click on the GMB's in your chest and they automaticly appear in your room, that mean no more clicking and dragging into the room! This works for RMB's and BMB's too!

Ensure your Trees are Producing lots of Fruit!
You may find your tree has stopped producing as much fruit as it used to, this "Barren Tree Syndrome" can be caused by putting furniture in your garden. Simple to fix this, remove any furniture/shelves/toys or anything from underneath your trees. Give it a day or so, your trees should now start producing plentiful fruit!

Refresh Without Reloading!

Thanks to Lazar for this tip!

When you trade,and send your items to a trader,you don`t have to refresh the page to get the payment! Just go to the bank! When you go to the bank,the game is automatically refreshed,and you will receive a message letter in the upper right hand side corner! Then go to your house,and the gift(s) will be there!

Visit Friends & Earn Coins Faster!

Visit your friends list "back to front" in theory. Go to the very end of the list of friends in PS and start visiting your friends who are on Pet Society less than others, these users tend to have less furniture etc.. in their house which will make your visit quick. So visit active members who have less Paw Points first, this means you can get round more pets and earn coins faster and get maximum profit!!

Open Mystery Boxes/Presents Faster!

If you have been "Gift Bombed" or just have a lot of Mystery Boxes/Presents to open then do this to save time:

1. Pull all Mystery Boxes to the room (if its presents they will already be there).

2. Open the Mystery Box/Present when it tells you what you got click on the tick.

3. Your pet starts dancing now, if you click the chest and click it again to exit his dance stops and you can get on with opening the next one, it might be seconds but they add up.

I'm referring to the GMB glitch and sorry for bothering but it nv seems to make out for me. I worked offline in my pet's house and bought a box and opened it out with the item i didn't want. And when i refreshed the game accordingly, ps just wouldn't load (it showed the screen that asks you to retry or approach their FAQ site).

Does that mean the glitch has been fixed, or did i do anything wrongly? Sad

i have a tip for sending gifts quick
while in the middle of sending a gift, click something thats in your chest thats not giftable, it will come up with a sign that says "this item is not giftable", you click the tick and you gift is sent

@chocolate...after you have refreshed you have to make sure you are working online again. I know internet explorer asks you this automatically but not sure about other browsers

Guest Guest
I keep a list of my friends who's pets are always dirty - so if I need to get allot of coins quickly I know what friends to visit 1st!

yellownancy wrote:
I keep a list of my friends who's pets are always dirty - so if I need to get allot of coins quickly I know what friends to visit 1st!

I don't get any coins for cleaning pets SadSad

Guest Guest
CharlotteLouise wrote:
yellownancy wrote:

Whaaaa??? Then you give them to clean themselves. congratulations You should brush them yourself hehe. congratulations

Lazar wrote:
CharlotteLouise wrote:
yellownancy wrote:

Whaaaa??? Then you give them to clean themselves. congratulations You should brush them yourself hehe. congratulations

Ohhhh so we get coins if we clean the pets ourselves? I usually just give them the brush & soap and let them do it themselves Laughing

Guest Guest
yep.

The Quickest Way (I've Found) To Visit Friends

A) Click the HUG icon when you visit (don't wait for the options to load on the screen - just hit the space where "Hug" pops up to skip the loading part).
B) As soon as the pets lean in to hug You don't have to wait, and you can immediately click the "Inventory" icon
C) When the seed dialog box pops up, assuming you're not sending a seed, double-click "Skip". (This will click on Skip to close the box and then click on the floor to close the inventory menu and go back to Friends. Sometimes you might have to click a couple of times if it doesn't catch on right away)

This way is easier on me since 1) sometimes my hugs are really slow and I feel like I wait forever for them to be over so I can click the dialog box that comes up after, and 2) nothing changes in my inactive friends' homes and having seen it before, there's nothing to check out in their home and no reason to really stick around

The little money-bag icon won't go away until you visit a friend and let the whole hug finish, and then all the icons that aren't really supposed to be there will disappear.

Hope this helps!

PS: Oh, and I usually do all my visits first and then go back and clean to make sure I don't run out of time to do my visits!