Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

What book are you reading right now?

Title says it all really lol..

What book are you reading right now? How are you finding it? Is this the first book you have read by this author?
Would you recommend it?

Ok lots of questions, but you get the idea lol

I am reading:

Linda Fairstein - Letahl legacy

It is a fiction, thriller/crime book
This is the 11th book of the series about Assistant district attorney Alex Cooper and Detectives Mike Chapman and Mercer Wallace and is amazing!
I would strongly recommend this to anyone! It is best to read them in the right order though as they do tend to mention things from previous books

i read greek poetry (love poems) by odysseas elytis... hE was awarded with nobel

I'm reading Merrick by Anne Rice right now and I'm only in the beginning so it's kind of slow at the moment I will have to let you all know more as I get into it. It is a Fantasy/vampire fiction and it is part of her vampire chronicles.

I ran out of books to read so I asked to borrow one of my sisters (who is a huge Anne Rice fan) and She lent me The Vampire Lestat. I loved it! So much so I then borrowed Anne Rice's Vittorrio the Vampire and now on to Merrick. My sister doesn't have it but I'm hoping to find the Vampire Armand next.

I'm reading The Purpose Driven Life & The Anne of Green Gables series, which are both very far off from what I normally read (I'm prone to Bukowski, Dave Eggers, David Sedaris, Joyce Carol Oates, etc.), but part of adjusting to life on unemployment was to give up buying new books in exchange for used books from Goodwill and such. Needless to say, they don't have a very original selection, but I'm enjoying them anyways! congratulations

Angels and Demons Smile i'm sure you all know this book congratulations i couldnt read it because of my exams i have just start but its really exciting Smile

I am reading The lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe from C.S. Lewis. I just started reading it. It is teh second book from Narnia and the Chronicles of Narnia.

berna_gal wrote:
Angels and Demons Smile i'm sure you all know this book congratulations i couldnt read it because of my exams i have just start but its really exciting Smile

I thought this was better than the Da Vinci code...fab book

Tromo3 wrote:
I am reading The lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe from C.S. Lewis. I just started reading it. It is teh second book from Narnia and the Chronicles of Narnia.

One of my favourite Childrens books...I can still read this book now and really enjoy it Smile

Tromo3 wrote:

I read all 7 books from the Chronicles of Narnia set and I am excited by
them Smile Even now encouraging my younger sister to take and read them congratulations

Now, I'm looking to find tetralogy of The twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, cuz i watched the movies (first and second part) and i really like them, so i would like to read books, too... Smile

Guest Guest

I m reading The Host by Stephanie Mayer atm Smile
soo good congratulations

Tromo3 wrote:

Love those books!! Just read them again recently after the movies started coming out. Very good reads all of them.
MissQueen wrote:
Now, I'm looking to find tetralogy of The twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, cuz i watched the movies (first and second part) and i really like them, so i would like to read books, too... Smile

Twilight series is great! You will not be dissappointed. I read the books before the movies and my only problem is that the Edward in my head is much better looking than the movie Edward ...... lol

Currently I am reading The Young Trailer series by Joseph Altsheler. It is a series of 8 books written in the early 1900's about 2 young men and their adventures in settling the state of Kentucky . I can hear you now .... Why is she reading that ?? It was cheap!! ha ha ... I got an Amazon Kindle for my anniversary last year, and I read so much that if I bought all the popular books, it would cost a small fortune. I limit myself to only buying popular books when we are going on vacation, and for everday reading, I stick to the free ones or the ones that are cheap ... Or I go to the thrift stores and look for hidden treasures .....

I have now read several books by this author and they are definetly worth the price !! lol ... Seriously, they are light, entertaining reads.

My next real book to read is a Christmas present .. The newest Diana Gabaldon book .. An Echo in the Bone. This series is a romance about a modern day woman who went back in time to the days of Bonnie Prince Charlie.. She goes a bit over the top in the romance sometimes, but they are fun reads.

I'm reading 'On a pale horse' by Piers Anthony. It is about death as an entity - its quite thought provoking. Ir is also the first in a series of books which deal with things like war

Mittens Kittens wrote:
I'm reading 'On a pale horse' by Piers Anthony. It is about death as an entity - its quite thought provoking. Ir is also the first in a series of books which deal with things like war

LOVE Piers Anthony!! The Magic of Xanth series is awesome .... The Blue adept series is also quite good. I only read the first couple of the Incarnations of Immortality series .... Right now, i can't remember why...... Must go back and try to find them.

Right now I'm reading How to teach filthy rich girls by Zoey Dean.

It's a little differant than I normally read, but it's pretty good. This is the first book by her that I've read.

Book Description:
Recent Yale graduate Megan Smith comes to Manhattan with big plans for a career in journalism and even bigger student loan debt: $75,000. When she flails at her trashy tabloid job, she's given an escape hatch: tutor seventeen-year-old identical twins Rose and Sage Baker--yes, the infamous Baker heiresses of Palm Beach, Florida, best known for their massive fortunes and their penchant for drunkenly flashing the paparazzi -- and get their SAT scores up enough to get into Duke. Impossible job -- yes. But if she succeeds, her student debts are history. Unfortunately for Megan, the Baker twins aren't about to curtail their busy social schedules for basic algebra. And they certainly aren't thrilled to have to sit down for a study session with dowdy Megan. Megan quickly discovers that if she's going to get her money, she'll have to learn her Pucci from her Prada. And if she can look the part, maybe, just maybe, she can teach the girls something along the way. What Megan could never imagine is what the whole experiance is about to teach her....

I'd recommend it Smile

I am finishing up "The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold". First book I have ever read by her and very good book,I wouldn't want a younger person to read it do to the rape event in the story.

I did watch the movie and the movie is NOTHING at all like the book and make the mother seem kinda of like a saint,when the book will make you almost despise her as a wife and mother.....anyhow won't spoil it.

I am a total book worm and will LOVE this forum!

Visnja^^ wrote:
I m reading The Host by Stephanie Mayer atm Smile
soo good congratulations

Oh I've read that book too! I cried three times...hahahaa..hope you like the 'ending'...

I read ''The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe'' and I will in February start to read ''A Horse and his Boy''

im reading the "Warriors" books and "Seekers" books by Erin Hunter where the main characters are animals. in warriors the characters are cats and in seekers there polar bears

Twilight FanFic!! hee hee

Dark Side of the Moon by Blondie --> Edward's Version of New Moon!! Sooo goood!!!

smorkle wrote:

Dark Side of the Moon by Blondie --> Edward's Version of New Moon!! Sooo goood!!!

Really ...... must check into this .... Smile

I am finding a book at the library ''badger at the courthouse'' ( I am not sure I translated the book right) . I must read it for a school assignment.

finally finished again the last book of twilight series
i read it agin and again its so romantic
but in my opinion the better of all is eclipse

I'm reading ALice in Wonderland. congratulations
I never know the original story so I read the original one at the moment

Joe99 wrote:

i have read it its so fantastic

I'm reading The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory.. i have read it before but loved it soo much reading it again!!! also just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory... I LOVE the old English story books!!!

But my fave author would have to be Christopher Pike

Joe99 wrote:

Good idea, the film is out next month isn't it? with a different twist on the original story.

Kitty wrote:
I'm reading The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory.. i have read it before but loved it soo much reading it again!!! also just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory... I LOVE the old English story books!!!

I like both of those, the Tudor period is so rich with romance and horror - it fascinates me.

This wont be for many people but I just finished Black Diamonds by Catherine Bailey

it was riveting, and gave a very good and balanced account of that period of English history (I think)

I also just finished

Best Love Rosie

which I enjoyed too.

Oops, didn't even answer the question. I've changed the type of book altogether for my latest read

Dark of Night

am finding it quite gripping, although am reading late at night and so mixing up some of the characters at the moment. Would definitely look for another book by Suzanne Brockmann...and she's written a fair few by the look of it.

Zoonie wrote:
Oops, didn't even answer the question. I've changed the type of book altogether for my latest read

Dark of Night

am finding it quite gripping, although am reading late at night and so mixing up some of the characters at the moment. Would definitely look for another book by Suzanne Brockmann...and she's written a fair few by the look of it.

dark of night???????Sounds interesting

The synopsis Esperia

Badly
shaken after the loss of one of their own, the men and women of
Troubleshooters Inc. go up against their most deadly opponents yet –- the clandestine organisation, The Agency.

Blackmail,
extortion, murder: The Agency’s black-ops sector will stop at nothing
to achieve their objective. But this time they’ve gone too far and hit
too close to home and the Troubleshooters are out for revenge.
Led
by former Navy SEAL Lawrence Decker, a team of investigators –- from
FBI agent Jules Cassidy and former CIA operative Dave Malkoff, to
Troubleshooters Sophia Ghaffari, Tess Bailey and receptionist Tracy
Shapiro –- band together to uncover the truth, and bring the killers to
justice.
But the stakes are raised even higher when Decker barely
escapes an attempt on his life. It soon becomes clear that the hunters
have become the hunted –- and the Troubleshooters are no longer just
solving a crime -– they’re fighting for survival.

Anyone reading my reviews or suggestions would need to remember I have children older than a lot of forum members here, so some of the books would be recommended as adult reading...this one has some pretty gruesome violence and references to errr 'romantic encounters'

(I don't want to run the risk of 'corrupting' anyone!)

Kitty wrote:

love her books ......

esperia wrote:
Joe99 wrote:

i have read it its so fantastic

I'm in chapter 7 and it is really interesting!

Zoonie wrote:

Good idea, the film is out next month isn't it? with a different twist on the original story.

I also heard that. 5th May right? Smile

I just finished Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. It was really good and cute, but kind of sad. That's how most Nicholas Sparks books are. Smile I can't wait for the movie this weekend! It's gonna be sooo good! congratulations

I want to read Alice in Wonderland, because of the movie coming out. I know the story, but the new movie seems a lot more trippy and serious, so I want to know the REAL story, if you know what I mean.

Joe, I heard March 5th in the UK, with the premiere in London on February 25th?

ToastedPancake wrote:

I want to read Alice in Wonderland,
because of the movie coming out. I know the story, but the new movie
seems a lot more trippy and serious, so I want to know the REAL story,
if you know what I mean.

The film synopsis on Wikipedia is

In the sequel
to Lewis Carroll's original stories, Alice Kingsley, now 19, attends a
party at a Victorian estate shortly after the death of her beloved
father. The party, unbeknownst to Alice, is an engagement party planned
by her mother and sister. Just as the arrogant and dull Hamish Ascot
proposes to Alice under a gazebo and under the eyes of hundreds of
snooty society-types, Alice spots a white rabbit wearing a waistcoat
and pocket watch. In shock and confusion, she runs off into a maze and
follows the White Rabbit through it, only to later tumble down a rabbit
hole into Underland (more commonly referred to as "Wonderland" by it's
inhabitants), a place she has visited ten years before, yet doesn't
remember. In Wonderland, she reunites with her childhood friends,
including the Mad Hatter, who explains to Alice that they need her help
in over-throwing the Red Queen, who has assumed control of all
Wonderland. Alice then embarks — assuming both large and small sizes —
on an adventure of self discovery and to save Wonderland and her
Wonderland friends from both the Jabberwocky and the Red Queen's reign
of terror

...so not the same as the original book.

smorkle wrote:

I just finished Twilight series and I am totally fascinated ... Smile
However, I saw on the official site mentioned that the fifth sequel - Midnight sun - if someone knows something about it? Smile

Smorkle, can U explain me is that about u are talking tha same thing? Smile Tnx

MissQueen wrote:
smorkle wrote:

However, I saw on the official site mentioned that the fifth sequel - Midnight sun - if someone knows something about it? Smile

unfortunately, Stephanie Myer is not going to be finishing that 5th book anytime soon Sad
i've pm'd you the link to read the unfinished version and the explanation to why. if she ever does decide to finish it, it will be a very very long time i think. so sad!!

smorkle wrote:
MissQueen wrote:
smorkle wrote:

unfortunately, Stephanie Myer is not going to be finishing that 5th book anytime soon Sad
i've pm'd you the link to read the unfinished version and the explanation to why. if she ever does decide to finish it, it will be a very very long time i think. so sad!!

what???????????????the book that exists at her web site?????????????

I'm probably the only member here who did not like Twilight at all. I read the first book, it was okay, the second was not so great, and don't ask me about the third. Sad

I guess I am too old to get into those books because I have serious issues with them.

I started reading 'The Princess Bride' and really like it. That's the updated version without all the history and stuff in it. congratulations Love Inigo Montoya!

I will start reading ''Badger in the courthouse'', when I found it in the school Library. Our Librarian is sick so a teacher is replacing him. I helped the teacher to find and we didn't. We read a part of it and it is really funny.

I'm so happy to find the Book Club

I love to see what everyone's reading. I'm not a fan of twilight or Stephanie Meyer, but my SD loves both Smile

I am reading Killing Time by David R Dow - memoirs of a guy trying to save death row prisoners in Houston TX..just started but I'll let you know.

I'm listening to Stone Cold - A Jesse Stone mystery by Robert B Parker. I love these stories ...crime, realism and humour !! Highly recommended entertaining escapism (just as good to read as to listen to)

(I hope I don;t bore you to death will all my posts Ashamed )

i'm reading The Winter Queen by Amanda McGabe. i'm just starting so nothing to say yet. though i think it's cute. congratulations

Hey...Everybody..i just join the site.... love pet society... an also i love books!!!

So lest see... what am i reading right now:
- The Con of Montecristo,,, just started reading it.
- The Shelters of Stone by Jean M. Auel : This book is actually a the 5th book of the Series Earth's Children from this outher... i started reading the first book about then year ago, but back then i did not know there was more books... The books are captiviting a takes us to a world long ago.. The story is about a girl named AYLA, it has been a long journey, she has been my companion trouth this las 10 years... an i have loved every minute of it!!!

I'm reading Harry Potter, starting from the first book to the seventh all over again congratulations

Mangoberri wrote:
I'm reading Harry Potter, starting from the first book to the seventh all over again congratulations

Yay! I need to do this some time. I especially need to reread the last book.

I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. Has anyone else here read this? I'm a big Jane Austen fan, so it's very funny to read a version where the Bennet sisters stop to fight Zombies in the middle of the story!

jocunddaffodils wrote:
Mangoberri wrote:

Yay! I need to do this some time. I especially need to reread the last book.

I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. Has anyone else here read this? I'm a big Jane Austen fan, so it's very funny to read a version where the Bennet sisters stop to fight Zombies in the middle of the story!

I'm sorry to any twilight fans out here, but in art class we had to do a graphic novel about vampires/zombies, and I chose harry potter defeating edward cullen. I should've chose cedric diggory defeating edward cullen. congratulations same person

Gaiamaiden wrote:
im reading Twilight!!! congratulations and im loving it

hehe twilight is okay but I like harry potter better.

Don't read my previous comment if you're a BIG fan of twilight.

I just bought this Christian Fiction book called the Inklings... I will tell you all a little bit about after I get further in. It seems really good. Has anyone here read it?