Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Major changes in PS!!

Hey Pet Society fans! A major game update has just occurred for Pet Society! This will affect your game, so read on, or sign on to Pet Society via Facebook now to see for yourself!

The first thing you will notice is that the game screen is now wider! This is obviously fantastic, as you can see more of your beloved pet, friends’ pets, homes, shops, etc! As an added bonus, secret rooms such as the Secret Garden and Tree House Room are now a little larger!

Shortly afterwards you should notice a new look and layout, with cool new icons, and a new town map with the shops! So explore, explore, explore! The new design has been specifically devised to help us integrate new features in the future. The Bank is no longer displayed on the town map, but you can always access it at any time by selecting the Add Coins button!

You may notice that there are no trees to bump on the town map, but never fear, Friend Street is here! You can find Friend Street in the lower left corner of the town map, where you can visit friends and bump trees to your heart’s content!

If instead you use the Friends Bar to visit your friends, you will notice that there are changes there too! The Active and Visits tabs have been removed! You can still tell who you have visited each day though, as the original pink or blue background will change to a neutral colour after you visit. And there is really no need for an Active tab anymore, so we fed it to the hungry fish in the Pond, as you now receive the same coins no matter who you visit (35 coins for your first 50 visits each day, 25 coins for the next 25, and 15 coins thereafter).

By now, you may be wondering where your happiness and hygiene bars are, well due to mysterious circumstances, which Sirius basically thinks “?” is responsible for, they no longer exist! What does this mean for you? Well, happiness no longer affects your game in any way, so feel free to brush your pet, but don’t be surprised when nothing much happens! Hygiene however is still in effect, you can tell how dirty your pet is, and how dirty the pets you visit are, by the number of flies on them, the dirtiest pets will have 5 flies. You can earn 20 coins and 1 paw point per fly cleaned when washing a pet up to a maximum of 80 coins and 4 paw points.

When you are watching your paw points add for washing those flies away, don’t be too surprised if they appear lower than normal, as the display for these has been changed! It may be a little confusing at first, but each level the paw points number goes back to zero and counts up to the amount needed to reach the next level. For example, if you were a Level 43 pet with 337,300 paw points previously, your pet will now show as a Level 43 pet with 5,300 paw points towards the next level (as 332,000 paw points were those required to reach Level 43).

Back home now, because after all that exploring Sirius needs a rest, you will find that the Stickers, Cooking and Tutorial icons have been removed from the main game screen, and placed in the snazzy new Books tab, which is neatly located next to your Friends tab, and shown below! While in this region of the game screen, Sirius would like you to know that the shiny new red camera icon you see there is particularly special, as you can now take a snap shot of your pet in your room!

There’s one more drastic change that we are sure everyone will love, because well, you asked for it! The Chest and Wardrobe now have various categories to help you find what you need (Sirius loves the toys tab)!

So enjoy, and remember to let us know what you think of all the changes and how you’d like us to improve the game further! More game improvements are already been worked on, like ways to navigate the shops faster, but your valuable input is needed, so look out for a survey in the next week after you’ve played for awhile to give us detailed feedback about these updates! And to celebrate the new design, if you’ve been playing Pet Society for awhile you should have just received 3000 coins to splurge with! Thanks for all of your support!

yay!! wow!!! I just got amazed...
and those closet features are what I am hoping.... SmileSmile

omg it's so different im going to explore!!!

a quick question ...does anyone know how to 'go home' now when visiting friends? the home icon is gone

bunnyfuzzyness wrote:
organization!

I love organization!

did I mention organization?

xx

Indeed...I love the candyland style houses for the different shops. congratulations But, that's probably just the Wonka gal in me. Wheeeee!

kasijab wrote:
a quick question ...does anyone know how to 'go home' now when visiting friends? the home icon is gone
you either click to "you" on the friends list or you exit the home and click to yours

Pretty different, I must say... and it's very hard to get into the game this morning... bummer! But I'm looking forward to exploring the new format more and getting used to it. I can imagine people who've been playing it for a few years will have mixed feelings about it all!

OMG!!!!!! just read the blog! i havent loged in yet, i cant wait!!! hee i go!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i tried to load from here also but the screen in half! all i can see are my coins! and i reloaded 4 times already!

hahahah no!!! i need one with a pond under me!!! hahaha

anyway i visited the official forum.... surprise, surprise.... everybody is complaining!!!

hahaha there such a bunch of babies!

i don't like it there all they do is that or try to cheat other members as far as the threads i have read , about hackers how they got robbed such a bad energy!

Oh this is amazing...we've been waiting for these kinds of changes for so long! I hope I can log in... please please please... I can get in facebook now... but PS... come on PS... load please please please....

oh it's loading!!!!!

I like the changes, but I'm really upset with the amount of paw points we earn now, it will take so much longer now to earn them! Before we got 48 paw points for washing, 24 for brushing, and 5 for visiting... now we get at most 5 for washing? Now it will be another year before I hit 47!

Guest Guest
ORGANIZATION.

Now i only hope they make extra categories for wallpapers and flooring. i also noticed stuff like pianos and lamps dont go into furniture.. o.o;; cause i put my piano back in my chest but i had to use the "show all" tab to find it. twas not in furniture tab.

but so far everything else seem pretty darn faboo. i think its a very nice step up they did!

OMG the changes are really amazing & exciting
The blue color is for male pets & the pink is for female pets right?
The access for home & shops is better than adding extra icons! You just leave any house & see them all in a beautiful map

The take a photo is better now as you can add your pet to the full view:

Also the way of representing received gifts is more practical & time saver!

A BIG THANK YOU TO PLAYFISH

i think i'll faint

and was there maintanence? (i wasn't here the whole day )

tweet40 wrote:
i think i'll faint

and was there maintanence? (i wasn't here the whole day )

yes there was, but only for about half the time they said it would be ...

im not really sure how i feel about the new layout and stuff.

Iv only just been able to get in cause it wouldnt let me in for a longgg time =(.

For some reason...My room1 has a tick in it and all my items out of that room are gone =(. What can i do?

Riuna wrote:
ORGANIZATION.

Now i only hope they make extra categories for wallpapers and flooring. i also noticed stuff like pianos and lamps dont go into furniture.. o.o;; cause i put my piano back in my chest but i had to use the "show all" tab to find it. twas not in furniture tab.

but so far everything else seem pretty darn faboo. i think its a very nice step up they did!

That is one thing i think they miss...... and i think visiting the shops are very difficult - going in and out and remembering which store u did visit....

AND i got 2.xxx.xxx.xxx paw points suddenly

max washing only gets me 8 paw points T.T
wondering when can i reach lvl47
other than that, everything else seems awesome!!! Laughing

I feel like when I just started..confused. Need to get acquainted with it again.

i'm upset they took away the brush function. we lose out on more coins and paw points. how does that benefit us?

also miss the "home" shortcut to get home.

the town looks childish .. don't care for it. it looks more and more like petville (ew) everyday.

chest organization and photo feature are cool!! =)

as usual, they do all this horrible junk and add a couple of flashy things to try to sidetract us so we won't notice how bad the update really is.

the new items on march 8th will make up for how irked i am, i think. the spoilers had me giggling and squealing in happiness haha

my BIGGEST wish was that we could change the room for our visitors - so we woudn't have to change room 1 every time.........

I don't like the new paw points bar,,...neither the fact that they took out the fast scrolling in stores.

i got 96 friends and WISH i could write a name and go visit them........now i have to search and search........

And when you add someone for trading -_- It's going to take forever without the active/visit tabs.

plus there's clearance items this week.

Mangoberri wrote:
And when you add someone for trading -_- It's going to take forever without the active/visit tabs.

YES i thought off the trades as well............................
"clearance items this week." u got a link to that ???????????

Gismo-Pet wrote:
Mangoberri wrote:

Nope, but if you look at the furniture store, there's some items that are red-flagged.

i just want to say if u visit all u friends and add a trader - the trader will be bright blue or pink and the old friends will be white - cause u visited them

Gismo-Pet wrote:
i just want to say if u visit all u friends and add a trader - the trader will be bright blue or pink and the old friends will be white - cause u visited them

But if they are level 14 or something, you will have to go all the way to the back then search to the front...or if they don't tell you at all what level they are, you have to search through your whole list to find one that's pink or blue.

Mangoberri wrote:
Gismo-Pet wrote:
Mangoberri wrote:

Nope, but if you look at the furniture store, there's some items that are red-flagged.

YES i see thanks - AND they removed the fast scroll button also - so going through stores takes forever

Mangoberri wrote:
Gismo-Pet wrote:

But if they are level 14 or something, you will have to go all the way to the back then search to the front...or if they don't tell you at all what level they are, you have to search through your whole list to find one that's pink or blue.

YEP - i hate i too - hope they read this :rtfm: