Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Information on PS changes

Everyone is searching and scrambling about to find out about what is going on. I am going to go ahead and make a thread about all the information in one place: It is both much easier and convenient plus the forum might be less spammed that way if questions are answered here. I will begin with the obvious:

Official blog post about new items are located here: click here
New mystery items have been released: Golden Star Decor (RMB), Purple Party Balloon (BMB), Classy Kitty (GMB), Pink Prom Crown (TWS; GMB). Click here
Next week's theme is Prom combined with Earth Day.
The Splendid Mystery Box that comes out next week just has normal, past shop items that are no longer obtainable. It is the third set of the Cash Shop boxes.
The diary gender bug has now been fixed and you can also view other pet's diaries by clicking the diary icon when you visit them.

Now for the not so obvious:

The EARNING limit every DAY is now 25,000 coins. Meaning, brushing/washing pets, racing, selling back to the shop, etc. is now limited to a total of 25,000 coins per day. Whether this is permanent or not has not yet been disclosed. If you go over this limit you will receive this error: Save failed: 1911. You will consequently be kicked out of the game, but you can return with your items safe. If you hit this error do not earn any more coins until the game resets at the specific GMT time.

There is NO SPENDING LIMIT. Please do not get this confused. This has been tested by many players: No error has followed yet. (I will update this if proven wrong!)

If you are gifted a Glitter Apple or Butterfly Potion from a neighbor this has proven to be poisonous - you will no longer be able to save after you open the gift. You can either wait for an official statement from Playfish or google around for a quick fix. There is a solution, however, it might not be very 'honest.' Specifically, you will get this error: code: 3145, confirmedSaveVersion: 0.

There is no current way to tell the difference between hacked items obtained through cheating and their legit counterparts. The one exception to the rule is the first edition hacked Fox Plushie which will have a golden circle in the upper right corner of it's icon. The second edition hacked Fox Plushies will not hold this emblem, so there is no way to tell.

RUMOR: There is now a gifting limit. The limit is said to be somewhere from 100-500.

RUMOR: Playfish developers have decided to decrease the current chest limit (20,000 items). I have heard this in a few places, but currently this is just a rumor.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Question: So it is 25,000 coins TOTAL? - Yes, this includes brushing, washing, visiting, racing, selling back to shops and so on.

Question: What can be hacked? - Simply put: Everything. There is not one item that is safe from being hacked, and this includes all CC items, all limited items, all TWS items, all special items, and so on.

Question: What should I do when I receive a hacked item? - This is up to your discretion. Some keep the items and some sell them back or recycle them. It is solely up to you, however, I do not think Playfish would punish those who received the gift, but those who sent it (if that much) to the player.

Question: Is this permanent? - This has not yet been disclosed. No one knows this, or how Playfish will be dealing with the cheating and the hacking.

Also, please remember that the moderators are not Playfish developers. They have nothing to do with the updates as they only pass on information. Do not shoot the messenger.

Thank you.

Credit to this thread goes to Shainabear from TOF

what if we get the poisonous potion?

cen we, like... keep it in that box forever? O___o

I think the best thing to do is try and sell it immediately...the only other thing is to try waiting until it runs out after 14 days Sad

''Playfish developers have decided to decrease the current chest limit
(20,000 items). I have heard this in a few places, but currently this
is just a rumor. Example here: Chest'''

if that happened it will be so sad

waaah whats happening...its ok theyll fix it im pretty sure. congratulations thanks for the infos Ms. Lea! congratulations

It absolutely infuriates me that because someone sends you something it can there for cause your pet society not to work for sometime. It's just sad that people would send those items to unsuspecting friends and that it will affect the receivers game. I really cannot stand the fact that Playfish is causing us all to suffer do to hackers. That is not how they should be focused on solving this large problem. I imagine if they made it so once you preformed a hack that your account would not work, and so on and so fourth until it became pointless for hackers to want to create new accounts... just sad!

Guest Guest
i hope no one in my friendlist is a hacker.. but wow that glitter apple and butterfly potion thing is EXTREMELY scary.

so all we can do is leave the game on for 14 days til the potion runs out? cause i heard that u can't get rid of those 2 items oar something.

Is the takeout box out? If it isn't..I'll delete that person

And the person has a shirt that says something on it..on a picture it says 'i love daniel' and right now something borox.

Sad im really sad upon reading this news, but i do hope PF will do something for those hackers..

No i don't like to limit gaining of money by 25k Sad got many friends, and 25k..i spend a lot when i design.i spend my whole week money for items too for sale.T.T
well...if its for the best!i will accept PS rules ^_^

lea75 wrote:

If you are gifted a Glitter Apple or Butterfly Potion from a neighbor this has proven to be poisonous - you will no longer be able to save after you open the gift. You can either wait for an official statement from Playfish or google around for a quick fix. There is a solution, however, it might not be very 'honest.' Specifically, you will get this error: code: 3145, confirmedSaveVersion: 0.

so like are the glitter apples like the one from the mystery shop? whats a butterfly potion? o_O"

As for the limit of items in the chest....does the limit apply to the wardrobe as well?

Sanakan wrote:
As for the limit of items in the chest....does the limit apply to the wardrobe as well?

I'm almost sure its eveything you own ...in rooms. gardens etc too

kasijab wrote:
Sanakan wrote:

I'm almost sure its eveything you own ...in rooms. gardens etc too

Omg! Really? That sucks!

!

Mangoberri wrote:
Is the takeout box out? If it isn't..I'll delete that person

And the person has a shirt that says something on it..on a picture it says 'i love daniel' and right now something borox.

No that hasnt been released yet, so it must be hacked Sad

Mage lvl8 wrote:
so like are the glitter apples like the one from the mystery shop? whats a butterfly potion? o_O"

Its the one in the cash shop, the butterfly cocoon, that turns your flies into butterflies

Sanakan wrote:

Yes they count everything you own...everything in your chest, wardrobe, rooms, gardens, even fruit on your trees Sad

So what do the poisons do to the pets? I've gotten a couple of the glitter apples and like them. Guess I'll do my best to avoid them from now on, but would like to know what they actually do.

lea75 wrote:

Sanakan wrote:

Yes they count everything you own...everything in your chest, wardrobe, rooms, gardens, even fruit on your trees Sad

but this is just a rumor right, when should we know if its for real.. and what happen if we own more than that ammount of items, will the next sell inmiadtly, or will they be deleted randomly?
this is so scary

Bad PF bad

Thanks for the good information ... The poison apple is scary ...

decrease our item limit?? i hope not! i struggle with the limit as it is. =(

i was gifted those "i love ---" dresses and i LOVE them ... aww i don't want to delete them. so cute!! =(