Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcor

i've had an accident

hello everyone, im just here to tell you that yesterday i was doing my usual midnight walk with my dog so he can do his duties,
when all of a sudden a big dog came to us and starting attacking my dog. of course i already had my dog lifted up so the other one couldnt reach it, and the owner was like, "oh its okay he doesnt bite"

welll to make the long story short i have all my tummy and back scratched, i mean my back is worse, you can even see my skin, its all coverd with red log stripes amd the worse part its that that dog bit my arm trying to get my dog. its hurts pretty much

so we went right away to the doctor got some sticthes, washed and everything. my dog is pretty much well, he doesnt have anything.
i think i did a pretty well job protecting my dog, forgot all about my self lol

and now our vet is taking that other big dog to observation to see why he attacked me and after that they are putting him to sleep.
i feel pretty bad for that dg and the owner, but thats just the way it has to be

pretty much right now i can sit on my back, and i can barely move my arm. im taking pills, doing daily washes. my dog is running all over the place happy and if like nothing happened. all though yesterday after the incident he could stop shaking.

the good news its that im all rightm in one piece, alive and making jokes about it. im pretty much sure it looks worse that it seems

so i just want to say, be aware of big dogs, you never know when this could happen

OMg angel thats so scary. I hope you get better soon =(.
As for your dog...I hope he is alrite aswell.
Id be just the same tho if i had a dog and another dog tried to attack it.

At the end of the day,...that other dag had no reason to attack you both....

Dont feel bad that the other dog is being out to sleep because at the end of the day....He has bit and tasted blood and dogs tend to keep doing it if they taste blood.

Please keep us osted on your wellbeing as im only going to worry if you dont.
Im so glad your both ok tho!!

ohhhh that's really scary!!! i like dogs too, but if its some kind of attacking dogs, then forget it, i will surely run, lol.. or ill die
thanks god ur still ok angel,, so for sure the doctor injected you with some anti-rabies... get well soon sweetie, and next time be more careful...

OMG Angel, that is terrible. I am glad that you are okay but wish you weren't in so much pain. Hopefully you Have a Quick & Painless recovery Sounds like your dog was very Lucky to have you there to protect him!!!!!
Love you Bunches

thanks a lot girls, your words really make my smile.

i've just got back from the vet, and he injected some antibiotics to my doggy and will give him a medicate bath tomorrow, as for me im alright,
i still dont know how on earth am i going to take a bath without hurting my back but, you know, i cant go to work all smelly Laughing
as for the theater i just guess my characters will all have to have a band tight to their arm.
im feeling all right, just when i move my arm or lean over my back it hurts a little, but nothing waaay to painfull

thanks again girls for your support. i will keep you updated with this story
love you all

Guest Guest

ugh i hate it when owners can't control their dog!!!! i mean i can't say it's their entire fault, but they should know better if their dog bites or not. Sad

IM SO SORRY ANGEL. I HOPE YOU"rE DOING BETTER!! *SUPER HUGS*

angel!!!!!!!!! that is awful!! i'm glad you are okay although you got scratched and bitten! oh my goodness....so scary!!!!!

like you said, too bad for the big dog, but what has to be done must be done. the owner should have had better control of the dog too!!
poor you!!!!
sending you big hugs and kisses!!

Guest Guest
Oh my word!! That is terrible Angel! I hope you feel better soon. And I hope your dog is ok too! How did the shot go?

An event like that can be tromatic for any dog, big or small. And it can be tough on the owner too. Don't feel bad for that dog : putting it down is right thing to do - it could have been muc worse, or it could happen again!!
Sad

You are right when you say "be aware of big dogs" (and small dogs too). I go to the kids park with my daughter almost every day, and people let their dog's run off-leach in the grassy area (even if there are signs that say : all dogs must be on a leach at all times!!!!). Some dogs attack each other, so imagin if they go hold of a small kid! Owners should be respectfull of others and keep their dogs on a leach unless you are in a dog park and they know their dog won't bite or attack.

So sorry to hear this Angel and wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm not a big dog lover myself ...esp big dogs ..so I would always be wary around them. But that in itself can be a problem because they can sense when someone is not comfortable with them I think.
Take care

Oh bless you hun

Dont feel sad about the other dog...some dogs just have this instinct in them, and once they have done it once they will do it again

I hope you are back to 100% really soon hun...huge hugs to you babe xxxxxxx

i'm so sorry for you Angel Sad
whe i was walking with my dog in park,huge bulldog wanted to bite mine
fortunately his owner took him at time

Wow, well, I am generally afraid of big dogs (outside of golden retrievers and collies and a few other more cuddly breeds). I am so sorry that this happened to you and am glad that you are doing alright now. Any sort of violent attack by dogs will call for actions to be taken and you are going about it in the best way possible. The other dog owner should have known. If this had happened here, he/she would be facing some legal issues as well.

Here we have leash laws and all dogs have to be on a leash unless in their own yard. I don't know how it is there, but here, dog owners have responsibilites and should not be let loose to harm others.

Feel better soon.

Guest Guest

Oh my god angel!!! That is completely horrible. I really hope you'll feel well after the incident and that everything will turn out OK. Big dogs are always scary and aggressive.

I have a dog of mine and I always give her a walk down the street and up to 1 block. No further. We have a dead end street so there are no cars there or anything else. There are 3 massive huge Rottweilers down the street so we avoid going there. When I leave my street, there is one yard with an opened gate where a dog lies. It's pretty aggressive to Luna (my dog's name) and one day it ran into her and started biting her, but she gave him the same amount of pain. The owner of that dog was polite and apologized, so we're really good neighbors now.

My advice Angel, is to always check the area of your own, then go trough it with your dog. Ask some people `Do people walk dogs often in this street`, or anything similar. If you however, be caught face to face with a massive dog, don't even think of coming closer to it in hopes that it will be friendly with your dog. Go around it, full circle, and be cautioned. Dogs are always unpredictable, and this is an example how cruel dogs can be.

The whole reason why they are like that is because of their instinct and protective behavior. If your dog presents a threat to the big dogs owner or the big dogs property, he will attack no matter what. Or if your dog is an natural enemy of the bigger dog, then some of them has to fight, in this case, the bigger dog. It's the same with cats, they are natural enemies, and dogs have to fight and chase them until they run away. In really rare conditions cats start to attack back, but that doesn't matter right now.

All it matters is that you need rest, rest, rest, and rest. Nothing else. If you need to go somewhere, cancel it, you need to rest angel. Your goal is to recover and to do that you need to rest.

Best of my wishes go to you angel, dogs aren't innocent, they are unpredictable. I am wishing you the best of the luck in this world and for a fast recovery... And remember, rest...

First thing: Nice to hear you!!!
I'm happy you're fine! My friend had an accident with one bulldog and the end wasn't soo good like yours... Dog bite her cheek.
But nice to hear your dog is alright! And about you: I hope the back and arm will heal fast You need rest, and PSFC! lol
Hope it doesn't hurt really much! HUGS

Sad Angel... I hope that you heal quickly. Being attacked is awful and i wish people would realise that dogs prone to "jumping up" or attacking NEED to be leashed and muzzled for the protection of others...

I really hope you get better soon... lots of smooches and gentle hugs! x

Guest Guest
yeah i agree with ames.. i mean i love dogs, but if they are hyper and a bit aggressive, they should really study their dog more and leash them and keep them close or else they are gonna run off an attack pets and people.

oh my god!! that hurts so much!!

i hope you get better soon!!
and why didn't the owner of the big dog have him on a leash?

oh, and let your dog lick you, you will heal much faster!! congratulations

thanks again everyone for your nice words, you dont know how much they cheer me up.

we do have laws here too against those kind of incidents, first of all a vet has to keep that dog for observation, and then if the victim recalls to put him down they do, (if the dog doesnt dies by itsefl) or else they use that dog as attack dogs for policeman or the army or things like that.
in this case, we werent going to sue, coz in this morning a member of my family went to talk to the owner with our vet to take the dog, but they couldnt control the dog, so the vet is going tomorrow with 2 more people to get the dog. and the owner acted really polite embarrassed and ashame of what his dog did. he accpeted to give away his dog and put him to sleep.
i was feeling a little sad for that, coz as Lazar said "dogs arent inocent they are unpredictable"
but today, i got home from the theater and i went to the little house we have near our house to work on some props for the play, and i took my dog along, of course i wasnt alone this time. and guess what? that man was again out with his dog with a leash. when i saw him i ran to get my dog that was tide up in a pole and locked him in the bathroom (poor little guy, he was crying his eyes out) but i wasnt going to take any chance. we tried to talk to the mand an he said some words and walked ahead, so we got the car and follow him, reach him, he say my scars and told him that if he doesnt out his dog away and be more careful we ARE sue-ing. and he acted all like " im so sorry" but nothing else. i was actually aspecting some "what can i do for you" but i got nothing, he just said that he was going to lock his dog right away and wait for the vet tomorrow, and all he did was got inside his house, left the gate opened till the dog (thats was running side to side unwatched) diceded to get in by himself.
that is just having no consciousness, im really so mad right now at him for being like this. i mean, its unbelievable that he took his dog out again and worst without a leash. and the dog was just crazy running all over the place.
we stayed in fornt of his house and waited untill the dog got in... and then the man shouted out of his house window "thankyou"
thankyou for what? for watching his dog while he left it there unwatched?
im so sorry, but now im sueing that man, not for what the dog did, but for his unconsciousness, now i do think that he doesnt cares about the consequences

Guest Guest
blah people like that are stupid and uncaring.

just like with anything else, they just don't realize it. prob just self centered or ignorant about the situation since they didn't get attacked by a dog. i almost feel like the guy is blaming it on you for getting hurt so he doesn't seem to really care for you .. or his dog. lol

some people are just careless like that.. i mean i deal with them too for other things and it's just really really stupid... it's hard to be caring to everyone but i mean if my dog attacked someone i'd be freaking out.

bad owners make bad dogs. dogs are good by heart. the owner makes them bad.

Riuna wrote:

bad owners make bad dogs. dogs are good by heart. the owner makes them bad.

I second that.

Angel, do what you have to do. That man seems to have issues, and maybe being legally prosecuted will be the wake up call he needs. Some people here actually train their dogs as fighting dogs, and that's illegal here. But, to have an animal unleashed and going crazy is just nuts. Sad

keep us posted on how you are doing.

You are very brave , Angel . You like you dog and tried to protect him . It's great! congratulations
Hope you arm and back will be ok)

I#ve a dog and I know that dogs are very linf animals and they believe their owners ,so if owner is bad and don#t like their dogs , dogs become angy .
It's awful that some owners make their dogs so unhappy and angry Sad

Guest Guest
Falcor wrote:
thanks again everyone for your nice words, you dont know how much they cheer me up.

we do have laws here too against those kind of incidents, first of all a vet has to keep that dog for observation, and then if the victim recalls to put him down they do, (if the dog doesnt dies by itsefl) or else they use that dog as attack dogs for policeman or the army or things like that.
in this case, we werent going to sue, coz in this morning a member of my family went to talk to the owner with our vet to take the dog, but they couldnt control the dog, so the vet is going tomorrow with 2 more people to get the dog. and the owner acted really polite embarrassed and ashame of what his dog did. he accpeted to give away his dog and put him to sleep.
i was feeling a little sad for that, coz as Lazar said "dogs arent inocent they are unpredictable"
but today, i got home from the theater and i went to the little house we have near our house to work on some props for the play, and i took my dog along, of course i wasnt alone this time. and guess what? that man was again out with his dog with a leash. when i saw him i ran to get my dog that was tide up in a pole and locked him in the bathroom (poor little guy, he was crying his eyes out) but i wasnt going to take any chance. we tried to talk to the mand an he said some words and walked ahead, so we got the car and follow him, reach him, he say my scars and told him that if he doesnt out his dog away and be more careful we ARE sue-ing. and he acted all like " im so sorry" but nothing else. i was actually aspecting some "what can i do for you" but i got nothing, he just said that he was going to lock his dog right away and wait for the vet tomorrow, and all he did was got inside his house, left the gate opened till the dog (thats was running side to side unwatched) diceded to get in by himself.
that is just having no consciousness, im really so mad right now at him for being like this. i mean, its unbelievable that he took his dog out again and worst without a leash. and the dog was just crazy running all over the place.
we stayed in fornt of his house and waited untill the dog got in... and then the man shouted out of his house window "thankyou"
thankyou for what? for watching his dog while he left it there unwatched?
im so sorry, but now im sueing that man, not for what the dog did, but for his unconsciousness, now i do think that he doesnt cares about the consequences

You stand correctly. Smile

Guest Guest
some dogs are just hyper by nature, but then they shouldn't be attacking. thats a different story. well perhaps in the wild dogs attack strangers, but since he is owned by someone, the owner should know better in training his dog esp. if he wants it outdoors and WITHOUT a leash too. geesh.... poor dog, i don't think it deserves the shot, but just a better owner.

anyways do rest well angel and keep safe.. good luck with suing too, the guy needs the reality slap.

Sad Man, that's awful. I'm so sorry to hear you got attacked. We have a dog too, and he's usually mellow (except when someone's at the door), but we are always always careful not to leave him free so that he could hurt someone. Dogs are a big responsibility, and anyone who can't handle it doesn't deserve to have a dog.

Oh dear! That's terrible that you were so injured! That must have been so frightening. I'm glad you were able to keep your little dog safe! It's too bad about the other dog and owner, but the dog obviously had issues or it wouldn't have gone after your dog like that. And then wouldn't have continue to hurt you when you were protecting your dog. Heal quickly!

Omg, how are you now? Did you see the dog vacination papers? You know that sometimes is better to be 100% sure of that
And if that dog bit you it can bit more people or even kill a dog, so I know it will be horrible to make police do their job properly but you have to force them to do it
Sad I would like to do something for you,
Take care of you ok?