Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pydrumerboy

ATTENTION : People posing as Mattel Merchandisers.

As part of the moderating team in HWCM, I have just been informed that the brand manager of mattel received a msg from one of his subordinates saying that some collectors are going around stores saying they are mattel merchandisers and demanding to have a look at their stocks.

Evidently this did not go down well with Mattel and there is word that if the person posing as Mattel Merchandisers are identified, they can be caught and prosecuted under law.

Ok guys thats just a piece of news for everyones' attention. Please take note, discuss or comment appropriately if you want to and thanks for reading.

wah.. just for looking for the stocks, this ppl really gone too far.. while breaking the laws, he/she/they also trying to play dirty, stealing our opportunity on owning a nice HWs.. this is so frustrating..
hope they are not from our club members..

I've heard about this too and in our HWCM circle (higher ups or regular homies) i would safely say none of us practice these kind of 'hunting'. In fact it's well known only handful of us are that into greens so much we tried to catch new stocks as often as we can, while mostly others talk bout greens, admire the greens but ain't really dead set for it. But i can never tell about others even if they're part of this community.

And what upset me the most when this kind of thing happen none other than the 'club' took the blame while we are completely clueless bout the whole Mattel disguise issue. So yes, whenever these things occur it's best for Mattel to investigate and do whatever necessary, if somehow we're the alleged ones that would be easy for us to clear our name.

As usual, it must be the hoarders. It could be someone we know, someone we don't. Eventually like many months ago been trying to say it. Last resort to getting toys is through criminal minds. Next thing you know, they might be highjacking delivery trucks, use clubs names in indegenious ways, scamming, faking, i bet they even cut out shipment papers so the stuff lands in some place so they could steal it.

Sure you think this is over the top. But a person posing as Mattel staff to look at stocks? You tell me!!

the only thing i did was ask the staff if there are any new stocks? if no, i leave. if yes, they will show me....

the best part i was i went singapore and looking the racks, the chinese lady ask me do you wan see remain stocks? i have more in the store....
so friendly =)

but seriously , to all these LOOSERS acting as mattel supplier, you are DISGUSTING TO ME !

but last time i went to 7E and ask for stocks, they thought i am mattel supplier. ><

i told them, if i am mattel supplier i will wear mattel shirt la.

demand see stocks....the word here is DEMAND

If that person claim to be a Mattel Merchandiser....they should have a i.d card or sort to prove that!!!
Otherwise...sorry!!

Wear a shirt and tie, carry a folder with mattel letterhead. Come up with cockadoodle story. Sure can pass one.

...or we can just impersonate as a government personnel and drop by with a fabricated document...
"We have come to believe that the paint used on your Hot Wheels stock has been compromised and need to take them back to our lab..."

Yao wrote:
...or we can just impersonate as a government personnel and drop by with a fabricated document...
"We have come to believe that the paint used on your Hot Wheels stock has been compromised and need to take them back to our lab..."

best reply yao ! Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

cham2020 wrote:
Yao wrote:

best reply yao ! Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

We have a winner..

that's the desparate hoarders tactic to get close enough at those hotwheel stock. Just a hotwheel toys, why makes life difficult? and it's not gold or very valuables items. Just my thought.

Hmmm... interesting news.

Mattel should advise the stores to request for ID from anybody approaching as mattel reps.

This explained why some regular customer get rejected when asked for stock, while some others succeed..

wow.. up to that extend? crazy man... totally scik.. But then all the stores should have checked those people with prove ID.. shouldn't that be the case..

but i can still do it in australia, right? :-P

just kidding, this is not the first time i heard this. to stoop that low is seriously morality at its lowest.

sinclair wrote:
Hmmm... interesting news.

Mattel should advise the stores to request for ID from anybody approaching as mattel reps.

This ought to be the formality between retailers & brands - showing ID, at least in a uniform or rather (then again anyone can print a HW t-shirt)

Employees of retail chain SHOULD be trained not to layan customers who PROVOKE / ANNOY them during working hours.

Provoke = those people who keep asking same question over & over a trillion times within the span of meeting the staff for 5mins.

Annoy = personal who keeps calling the staff asking for stocks, showing up at godforsaken timing (either door-warmer or late-nite bat), stalks the staff (a syndrome).

Only definition for this kind-O person - U N S C R U P U L O U S!

Definition: Immoral
IN BRIEF: Lacking honesty and oblivious to what is honorable, ethical

adj.
* Devoid of scruples; oblivious to or contemptuous of what is right or honorable.
* Lacking scruples or principles: namely their conscienceless, ruthless, unconscionable, unethical, unprincipled.

Layman english term (malaysian version)
- Kiasu (scared to lose)
- No culture
- Useless
- Hopeless even
- In denial

like thiskah? potong stim betul..now i have no appetite to hunt HW ..dem hoarders..

it doesn't matter who had done it.
it affects every collector.. whether he is a member here or not.

it's the club's responsibility to try and minimise such cases and practice a healthy collecting culture.

SHARING IS CARING.

IMPERSONATING IS........

you know what is the worst thing?
these hoardersl act nothing happen and shooting 'the hoarders' as well.

guys guys...

dun shoot the hoarders...

hoarders normally haul damn alot of the 'hot' models.

for all we know, these guys use this tactic and end up only buying 1 green... unlike hoarders