Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danny_sp15

Hot Wheels Vintage Racing and Garage Series

Hi guys, just wanna share some info here. I hope this is the appropriate thread.

Got word from a TRU staff that the Vintage Racing Series will be officially on sale at TRU in about a week or so, while the Garage series will be on sale in about a month. Both retail at RM20 each. Some TRU already have the Vintage Racing cases in their stock, just waiting for the official release date. If you guys can't wait to get your hands on the Vintage series, TRU IOI Mall should be selling them earlier than other TRU, though the store is not actually opened yet. It will be opening on the 28th of January (according to the banner), so you'd better start saving up for the massive haul. Another TRU will be opening soon at Alamanda Putrajaya as well, on the same date, though I can't confirm on the availability of the Vintage Racing series over there. Anyway, this is just what the TRU staff told me, so I can't confirm that it's 100% true, but I hope it helps. Good luck and Happy Hunting! Very Happy

*I will post more updates if there are any. Mods please let me know if I'm breaking any rules by posting this topic. Thanks!
*Update: TRU IOI Mall will be opening on 22nd Jan. TRU Alamanda 28th Jan. U guys dont grab all the Mustang ahh... Razz

wow... a very good intel there..
congrats..

and.. yummy, garage and vintage in malaysia... cool...

@mushr00m: yeah, very happy to hear the news. now can add more rubbers in my collection. Very Happy
@sahama: huuu, sayang mau racing... nanti habis calar... Razz
@darthvader: hehe, dont grab everything ar... leave a few Mustangs for me. Razz

huhu.....garage hiway haulers is top on my
wish list......kasi borong nnt......

CHAH wrote:
huhu.....garage hiway haulers is top on my
wish list......kasi borong nnt......

Hail to HH collectors.

12012010.jpg

This will make me buying in boxes not carded......5-6 boxes in one go. Beware me hahaha

More info: Toy Garden at Sungei Wang got promotion for the Vintage Racing series. 1 car for RM20, 5 cars for RM88. Very Happy
They also said they will have the Garage series on sale in about a month.

Just come back from TRU IOI Mall. Disappointing. The TRU is so small, just like 1/4 of TRU Ikano. HW are mostly old stock, and just a few 2011 cards. No sight of the Vintage series yet. They do have some new colour shifters though. Got Deora that can glow in the dark, Chevelle with Metallic colour shift, Dodge van, etc.

danny.....don u know tat bunch of 'COLLECTORS' already sapu vintage & garrage series YESTERDAY....21/01/11, yes, i mean IOI TRU.

wat so excited bout tiz?
da info out few months back...

maybe they'll 'restock' wif full range IF insider din 'eat' those 'special' models~

calm down danny....no offens~

the Garage also they sapu already ka? Sad
not so excited la, just thought wanna share with u guys... for those who still doesnt know...

Yeah, very small. U go in, left side Fastlane and HW, right side Lego, front side party stuff, rear side toys for kids mostly. They didnt even have Tomica or other die-casts (Jada, Maisto, Bburago, etc). Plus the HW section is quite small and crowded. At first I also didnt believe the TRU was that small. In fact, I was even looking around in case there's a hidden passage or secret door somewhere, or maybe stairs cos maybe the TRU has more than 1 floor. But that's it. Sad

no need go inside. from outside alredi looks small. popular and tru need swap showroom. we dont need so much books, we need more toys! LoL

got vintage this morning, but sold out quickly. think they got more stocks. wait restock. no sign of garage

i think is true.. coz i did see alots vintage series selling in a "shop"
with price RM20 each!

I just came back from Sogo just now and saw Vintage being sold there also. There is only 3 cars left. And... 10% discount. Wink

I just got 1 thing to say about this range. 'TOO OVERATED'. And it's only retailing at USD3. Poor guys running around sucking them up.

dont say like that la enyo... im sucking up to the vintage Mustangs as well... Sad
come to think of it, basic HW USD1 = RM8 here, so HW Vintage USD3 = should be RM24. so RM20 is ok la i guess... Razz

well, it's nice to know that vintage racing series are now available.
i've yet to go and check it. Razz

enyomic wrote:
I just got 1 thing to say about this range. 'TOO OVERATED'. And it's only retailing at USD3. Poor guys running around sucking them up.

How can we are poor guys running sucking them up. Yes S' pores usually got unusual Hotwheels compare to Malaysia...maybe....but once we got to something nice..maybe.. you simply can say we are poor guys running and sucking around....podah citt. TOO OVERATED summore...podah citt. Yes personally its your choice to pass it as many do..errr..." WATEVER " but u dare to says it loudly man. Sorry... that so mean. Sorry in advance if I also a little bit MEAN here. Respect Ourself, Respect Others, Respect All. IdeaIdeaIdea

wildspirit wrote:
enyomic wrote:

How can we are poor guys running sucking them up. Yes S' pores usually got unusual Hotwheels compare to Malaysia...maybe....but once we got to something nice..maybe.. you simply can say we are poor guys running and sucking around....podah citt. TOO OVERATED summore...podah citt. Yes personally its your choice to pass it as many do..errr..." WATEVER " but u dare to says it loudly man. Sorry... that so mean. Sorry in advance if I also a little bit MEAN here. Respect Ourself, Respect Others, Respect All. IdeaIdeaIdea

so you agree with me????? anyway I'm actually teasing those guys who wipe out those stocks at TRU. Crazy fellows. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

hokuan wrote:
Danny, USD1 = RM3.1 only la...

what i meant was that HW in the US is beind sold at USD1, while in Malaysia it's being sold at RM7.90 (current pricing right?). Means that we're paying roughly RM8 for USD1 worth of HW here. So if the Vintage is being sold at USD3, that means the retail here should be like RM24, but they're being sold at RM20, so I guess that's not too bad.. Razz

danny_sp15 wrote:
hokuan wrote:
Danny, USD1 = RM3.1 only la...

what i meant was that HW in the US is beind sold at USD1, while in Malaysia it's being sold at RM7.90 (current pricing right?). Means that we're paying roughly RM8 for USD1 worth of HW here. So if the Vintage is being sold at USD3, that means the retail here should be like RM24, but they're being sold at RM20, so I guess that's not too bad.. Razz

I think mattel is testing the market by introducing a much lower price in Malaysia. Once the collectors get addicted to it, price will be up. Looks at the CS price from RM16.90 of ordinary CS now gone up to RM19.90 for the newer F/X CS.

hmm... betul jugak cakap sahama... colour shifter yg x laku tu pun boleh naik harga, vintage lagi la... Evil or Very Mad

sebenar nya harga sebenar basic car ni murah je tak sampai rm 6 pon...outlet je yg up harga kasi tinggi.. Very Happy

ya..i dunno why they raise up the price..during offer or promotion time prices go down to 4.90..normal time 6.90..the 7.99 only at Giant..

Danny: I see i see, you're using Hot Wheels conversion rate Razz

Py: Thanks for the photo!

pydrumerboy wrote:
Answer to hokuan;s questino: Yes Jusco have brought in
Spoiler:

now no need to go to tru Smile
thx for the photo n info py!

hokuan wrote:
Danny: I see i see, you're using Hot Wheels conversion rate Razz

Py: Thanks for the photo!

hehe, if USD1 is really worth RM3.10 of HW here, then im gonna buy HW every single day. Razz in this country, real car expensive, die-cast also expensive Neutral

chee keng hong wrote:
wow!! Great !! JUsco have it now!!! Now....go and haul it!! cheers

wahh.. upgrade level already. Twisted Evil

Cool, at last true American flavour has arrived..asik2 international market punya barang je pun boring lol

The vintage racer series for a start kira ok at this moment, see what in store for the next wave.