Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danny_sp15

Hot Wheels Vintage Racing and Garage Series

nice garage cars. can only go shopping saturday Sad

see that almost all TRU n jusco are stocked with the new series

1 is ok, 2 is still ok.. 4-5 x Rm 20 =?

fresh on grab this..

kamal.othman wrote:
Time: 10.30am
Venue: TRU Alamanda..

Dh ade 5 org member msuk sane dah... abis vintage kene sapu
Very Happy

lol! so fast! any pictures?

titaniumboss wrote:
WAH!!! i wan drag bus... affraidbounceWhat a Face

scratchscratch

dengar ade TH$ Mustang kena rembat dekat TRU Alamanda... Sad
@CHAH: sorry off topic, nice avatar, who is that? Razz

my office scandal (it's true!!)......don't let my wife know ya....... Razz

CHAH wrote:

huh? nowdays 'modal' kat dinding toilet pun consider scandal ker.. silent .. ish ish ish kesiaannnn...

danny_sp15 wrote:
That VW mcm cantik.. u didnt grab ar renji? Razz

nop, not interested. If fastback or dragbus wil think abt it Razz
but rm20 /pcs, need to very selective la. apa pun naik harga, tapi gaji tak naik. Susah betul to be diecast collector if keep on like tat

hassan wrote:
CHAH wrote:

huh? nowdays 'modal' kat dinding toilet pun consider scandal ker.. silent .. ish ish ish kesiaannnn...

lol!lol!lol!

renji wrote:
danny_sp15 wrote:
That VW mcm cantik.. u didnt grab ar renji? Razz

nop, not interested. If fastback or dragbus wil think abt it Razz
but rm20 /pcs, need to very selective la. apa pun naik harga, tapi gaji tak naik. Susah betul to be diecast collector if keep on like tat

haha, true. im also still wondering want to collect dragbus or not.. budget too tight... Razz

danny_sp15 wrote:
haha, true. im also still wondering want to collect dragbus or not.. budget too tight... Razz

i guess most of member here even me once spoted dragbus on the rack, our reflex wil automatic grap it & straight to the cashier Laughing

interesting facts when they making the vintage series, it's really tough:
1. search all the racers for permission to use their name, if the racer is not alive, search for the family member

2. find the race crew member who owns the car, if no one own the car, look for who the last one owns it for copyrights

3. every single sponsor on the car, they have to get an agreement and lots of the company don't exist anymore. So have to find who owns the right for company that doesn't exist then 16-18 hours been put in on the phone for one car researching and track down

wow, they really put a lot of effort to make the vintage series... cant imagine how many cars that didnt make it into the series becos of copyright and ownership issues..

interesting maybe dats the reason vintage 30 cars, garage 90 cars Question

mopreme wrote:
interesting facts when they making the vintage series, it's really tough:
1. search all the racers for permission to use their name, if the racer is not alive, search for the family member

2. find the race crew member who owns the car, if no one own the car, look for who the last one owns it for copyrights

3. every single sponsor on the car, they have to get an agreement and lots of the company don't exist anymore. So have to find who owns the right for company that doesn't exist then 16-18 hours been put in on the phone for one car researching and track down

This is good stuff. But i think they could make a coffee table book about this series and the cars and some history facts about the cars as a companion to the collection. That would definitely temp me to get it. I think this Vintage range could go further because the Gassers and Speed challenge cars isn't covered yet.

CHAH wrote:
titaniumboss wrote:
WAH!!! i wan drag bus... affraidbounceWhat a Face

scratchscratch

Very HappyVery Happy from the list enyo posted earlier, i saw VW DB in it! wah... just cant wait for this man... bouncebounce

hahaha...I tot you already saw one somewhere..... Suspect

dats y scratch my head...... Razz

Went to TRU Empire saw so many garage hot wheel. Left it cos not of my liking and the price is RM19.90. Instead bought a pair of shoe at nearby show stall

Empire got garage already? yesterday my bro saw vintage only..

RM19.90 is serious pricing. But then this is adult collectible stuff. I have been buying Maisto series for RM19.90 also. And the range is quite limited so not much of an issue here. But 69 cars whole for Garage is something else. Also if u collect all Vintage series there goes the bonus of the year. Razz

But paying for this is more value than lets say, Speed Machines or Color Shifter. U get different wheels every time, metal chassis and rubber wheels. So it is worth 4 figures for the whole collection. And i think many will dump mainline cars already. This has to happen. Not everyone can commit all the lines. Since last year can see the strategy of collectors already.

But the good thing is, we finally get to collect serious stuff.

hokuan wrote:
Empire got garage already? yesterday my bro saw vintage only..

If you looking at the hot wheel corner, you wont see the garage series nearby cos they place the garage far far away i.e hanging it on the peg near the cashier. About 20 pieces still hanging that time which consists muscle GMC and Mopar, got mustang and chevy and etc

I have slaugthered my Garage Challanger SRT8......my observation as per the following :-

front tyres wobbly.....cars not smooth when pushed.....

chipped paint at the wheels......

gaping at rear base.......

sunken rear windshield.......

sunken sunroof....

it looks more like a rush job to meet the deadline to me......

overall, for the price of RM19.90, I have to say that the quality is very poor
compared to even the very basic mainlines.......

I sincerely hope that it only happens to this casting, not the whole series......
otherwise, my money will be on the mainlines or imported casting only.....sorry Mattel........

just my personal opinion...... Crying or Very sad

@CHAH: feel sorry for u bro.. ur car condition macam beli loose yg longgok dalam kotak2 dekat amcorp.. No

Shocked at the quality! Thought for RM20 you'll get something like or even better the quality of the Speed Machine... I believe not all Garage Series castings are like that. Have a look inside first when buying guys Wink

Yeah SRT8 repeating mistake as what 21 Window has. Thai factory must improve and buying times for quality.

sinclair wrote:
mopreme wrote:
who want to put red side skirt on a blue car?

Mattel Rolling EyesRazz

wrong answer......... dumb americans

enyomic wrote:
sinclair wrote:
mopreme wrote:

Mattel Rolling EyesRazz

lol!lol!

KidrauhlM5 wrote:
Jusco got right?

Jusco only have the vintage series.....no garage yet.....

danielh wrote:
enyomic wrote:
sinclair wrote:
mopreme wrote:

Mattel Rolling EyesRazz

lol!lol!

I didn't say anything about the Americans. Maybe one day it become a custom styling trend for cars, that's why HW is popular

i think bcos they dare to try.

i remember back in my children days no one would buy hw bcos of their crazy design n colouring scheme. matchbox was the craze. but look at them now.

new design, new colours, anything goes really. thats why they r so successful today.

dats right, one best example is black rims. First time i saw car with black rims was thinking what a terrible taste but now.. black on black is the shiznit