Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Word Nerd Home Question of the Day Part 2

Guest Guest

Time to lock down the first thread and start a new one!

Everyone's been having a good time sharing things about themselves in the Introduce Yourself thread, so we thought we'd start this "Question of the Day" thread. Each Monday through Friday, the mods will be posting a question. So come on in, answer, chat about other people's answers, and have some fun as we get to know each other even better.

Some of the questions will be easy, some will be silly, some will be serious. We'll try to keep questions that require some thought to Fridays, so you'll have the weekend to think about it.

If you miss a day or two, feel free to go back and answer when you get a chance. Just be sure you let us know which question(s) you are answering so we don't get confused.

We hope you have fun with this, and hey... if Jeopardy ever does a "Word Nerd Home Posters" category, you'll be all set. LOL Face

If you have any questions you'd like to see us ask, please PM them to me or any other mod. Thanks!

Want to read back over the former questions and answers? You'll find them here: QOTD part 1

Today's question:

questionHave you ever sent an email to the wrong person by accident? Or do you know someone who has? What happened? question

I can't think of any time I've done this. I'm usually pretty careful before I hit "send" just in case. But I have a co-worker horror story I can share.

Our former receptionist once was emailing back and forth with her sister, who was in the process of getting a divorce and going through a rough time. It was right before the long fourth of July weekend, and she sent her a quick reply to an email saying, "Why don't we just get away this weekend, just the two of us? We could go to the cabin and spend some time alone and not think about all this crap - just enjoy ourselves." Which would have been a fine thing to send to her sister, but when she hit the email to reply to... she didn't choose the right email. Instead she sent that email to our boss... who brought the error to her attention when he replied to her, "Sounds like fun, but I think my wife might object. I'll have to say no." LOL Face She nearly died of embarrassment.

Adding all the questions asked in this thread and their dates so you can find one easily if you like:

5/12 - Have you ever sent an email to the wrong person by accident? Or do you know someone who has? What happened?
5/13 - What stories of things that have happened to you will you share with us? They can be funny, embarrassing, heartwarming, whatever. No theme to them. Just share some moments from your life if you will. (weekend)
5/16 - As a child, what was your favorite toy?
5/17 - If you could do anything, what would be your dream job? (NOTE - Since everyone here would obviously choose something working for David Cook... that's off limits. Yes, I'm mean.)
5/18 - Be honest... how many hours a day do you spend online? How many hours a day did you spend on line before David?
5/19 - What are your pet(s) names, and why did you choose that name?
5/20 - Two parter today... What is the cruelest thing you've ever done? What is the kindest thing you've ever done? (weekend)
5/23 - What's your favorite color?
5/24 - What movie do you watch (or book do you read) when you feel like you need a good cry?
5/25 - Do you have any nicknames, or did you have any while you were growing up?
5/26 - What is your favorite old school video game?
5/27 - What's the craziest thing you've ever done (or seen someone else do) on a bet or a dare? (weekend)
5/30 - Have you ever bought anything from an infomercial, or in a store marked "as seen on TV?" Was it worth the money?
5/31 - Have you ever been the victim of a crime?
6/2 - What is the strangest place you've ever found something (car keys, remote, cell phone, etc.) that you had lost?
6/3 - Have you ever been called for jury duty? Did you serve, or how did you get out of it?
6/4 - With all the crazy weather we've been having lately, we hope everyone and their families and friends stays safe. Have you ever been in a tornado, an earthquake, a hurricane or another natural disaster? (weekend)
6/6 - What are the top five most played songs on your ipod right now?
6/7 - You're on a road trip and you're starving. You pull off the freeway in the only town you see, and you have 3 choices of where to eat... McDonalds, Burger King, or Wendy's. Which do you choose?
6/8 - Have you ever gotten a traffic ticket?
6/9 - Are you afraid of the dark?
6/10 - We've had all these wonderful acoustic shows from David lately - so if you could arrange the five (and only five) song setlist for an acoustic show of his, what five songs would you choose? All of the songs have to be songs he has performed at one time or another. (weekend)
6/13 - Would you ever want to go on a reality TV show? If so, which one?
6/14 - What was your favorite breakfast cereal when you were a kid?
6/15 - If we get RCA released snippets of the album before the release date, will you listen to them, or are you the type who is willing (and able) to wait for the whole thing?
6/16 - What's your cell phone ringtone?
6/17 - You are given $1000 and told you have to spend it all in one day, and only to buy something (or things) for yourself. No paying off bills, no donating to charity, no buying gifts... this is a selfish question. Smile What do you buy? (weekend)
6/20 - What's your favorite card game?
6/21 - What snack(s) do you get when you go to a movie theater?
6/22 - Do you read your horoscope daily?
6/23 - What are your favorite movie(s) from your childhood?
6/24 - What is your favorite childhood memory? (weekend)
6/27 – 6/29 – No question of the day, because everyone was too busy listening to the new album! LOL Face
6/30 - If you could play any musical instrument (that you don't already play) what would it be?
7/1 - Now that everyone has heard This Loud Morning, what are your top 3 favorite songs, and what are your 3 least favorite songs and why? (weekend)
7/4 - Would you bungee jump? Or do any other extreme sport?
7/5 – no question, bad Jeannie Wink
7/6 - Are you a city or a country person?
7/7 - Do you say "Pa-JAM-as" or "Pa-JAH-mas"? And thinking of other differences in the way people talk in various areas of the country, when you want a Coke or a Pepsi or the like, do you call it "Soda" or "Pop"?
7/8 - What is the best gift you've ever given? The best gift you've ever received? And conversely, what is the worst gift you've ever given and the worst gift you've ever received? (weekend)
7/11 - What is your favorite dessert?
7/12 - Two-parter... What's the most recent thing you've won? What's the best thing you've ever won?
7/13 - What is your dream car?
7/14 - When you are on a plane or other public transportation, do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
7/15 - David said on his DVD that we all have those moments in our lives where, if we had a pause button, we would press the pause button on our world to either stay in that moment or to escape the moment. What moments (that you are comfortable sharing) would you like to have been able to press pause on and why? (weekend)
7/18 - What do you miss most about being a kid?
7/19 - Have you seen the new (final) Harry Potter movie yet? If so, what did you think? If not, are you going to?
7/20 - Have you ever broken any bones?
7/21 - Have you ever been horseback riding?

Guest Guest
LOL flag Jeannie, That would be horribly embarrassing. I don't think I've ever sent an email to the wrong person. I have texted and IMd the wrong person a few times. Thankfully the context of the texts and IMs was pretty tame and not offensive.

Does a MySpace message count? I once had some not so nice things to say about someone & instead of hitting send, I think I hit forward and the stupid MS messaging system sent it to the first alphabetically listed friend on my list...which of course was the person that I was talking about. I felt terrible!

Guest Guest
Sure, myspace messages, texts, whatever. Any written communication that went to the wrong person works.

I don't recall sending anything myself, but I have a co-worker who did... poor thing!

I worked for a HUGE company, and the head of accounting, Norman, was the stereotypical accountant - very matter of fact, no sense of humor, no patience, etc. Thank God all accountants are not like him!

My co-worker in another office and I would send each other funny stuff all the time - we were both under a lot of stress, so we tried to make each other laugh. One day in February, I got an email from her that said something like:

OMG!!! I can't believe I did this!! I meant to send this to you, and instead sent it to Norman! What do I do now?

It was a little video, a Christmas card.... of sorts.... It opened playing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas in music-box type of music. The opening scene was the top of a doorway, where there was mistletoe hanging. The camera slowly panned down to the floor, where, directly beneath the mistletoe, was a large male dog very vigorously licking himself. I immediately became hysterical, to the point I couldn't even breathe!!! I could just picture crusty Norman watching this... So I called the co-worker, but was laughing so hard I couldn't even talk. She knew who it was!!! She was all paranoid - This could be viewed as sexual harassment!! She could lose her job!! I told her that since she sent this at Christmas time and hadn't heard anything about it by now, I figured she was in the clear. I managed to somewhat compose myself and get back to work. She called me a couple of hours later. She said she sent Norman an email apologizing all over herself, explaining that she had just discovered her error and she was very, very sorry if she had offended him in any way! His reply??? "Oh. I wondered what that was about." ROFLOLLaughing hystericall

Guest Guest
ROFLOL OMG, the poor girl.

I'm glad to hear you don't think all accountants are like Norman. (Says the accountant.) Wink

Oh yeah, I have sent a text saying my friend "L was bossy" directly to her!
I guess when you type a name in a text, you're more likely to send that text to that name!

I immediately sent a counterbalance text, but not really, for I said "well, you ARE bossy sometimes" Very Happy

Guest Guest

I'm laughing my ass off here with all your stories! ROFLOL I have never sent any type of message to the wrong person that I recall... or that I know off, lol.

But phone's predictive text fails are hilarious! You can check some HERE LOL flag That's why I don't use it, lol.

Quote :
Have you ever sent an email to the wrong person by accident? Or do you know someone who has? What happened?

Yeah i sent out a text to a wrong person before.. very embarrassing!

No, I haven't ever sent an email to the wrong person, but I made a very embarrassing blunder in person, which is even worse! A few years ago, I went to Sunday Mass with a very close girlfriend. She was newly married, and I didn't know her husband very well yet, but was just getting to know him. Later that day, we were all at her home visiting, and she asked me what I thought of the speaker who read the gospel at Mass that morning. I replied by saying that I thought he did a very poor job and sounded very ammaturish, and should probably keep his day job....or something like that. Then she looked at me, and informed me that the reader was her husband Jim! OMG, I was soooo embarrassed and mortified, I hadn't recognized him at all, didn't have a real good view of him from where I was sitting. I was too shocked to be able to come back with a quick "save", and say something like, "Just kidding", "I knew it was Jim all along!". Embarassed

I'm sure at some point I have sent out an email to the wrong person but since it didn't cause any problems I really can't recall.

No, luckily, that has never happened to me. And I've never heard of someone I know doing that either.

*knock on wood*

Guest Guest
Quote :
Have you ever sent an email to the wrong person by accident? Or do you know someone who has? What happened?

I accidentally sent an IM to the guy I liked at the time. It was ment for a friend that was trying to play "matchmaker". He just got burned bad by some girl who IS married! I didn't want to come right out and tell him, as he was still hurt from the lies and false promises by this girl.
The message went something like this:

"OMG, he is so dumb when it comes to flirting. I am throwing every sign out there....what am I to do, go up to him and say 'Hey! omg, you are stupid, I like you!! Don't you see that!' "

Yea.... we couldn't look at each other for a while...lol. We are still talking to this day, but no 'fireworks'...yet

Guest Guest

It's Friday and time for the weekend QOTD. I'm tired and drawing a blank this morning on a "big" question for the weekend. So in reading back over this week's answers, I saw a couple of comments:

BuffaloDaveyDancer:

Quote :

I've had more like near-death experinces which mabe in the future that could be a question cause idk if it falls under this question.

Made:

Quote :
Ooops, just realized my story had nothing to do with public transportation!!! I'll save it for another occasion, lol

So the weekend QOTD is this:

questionWhat stories of things that have happened to you will you share with us? They can be funny, embarrassing, heartwarming, whatever. No theme to them. Just share some moments from your life if you will. question

Here's one to start us off. I have a black belt in karate, and several years ago my instructor and I started doing seminars and classes on self defense for women. Not to teach karate per se, but to give women practical advice on things they could do to get out of a bad situation (and pointers about how not to get into those situations in the first place.)

So we were at a church doing a demonstration. Now you have to understand that my instructor was big on realism. Getting attacked is scary, and he wanted everyone watching to understand that. He and I spent a lot of hours working together so that we could safely put on these demonstrations... but he was really grabbing and attacking me hard, and I was really fighting back hard. By practicing and knowing what each other was going to do in the demo, we could avoid hurting each other.

One of our scenarios had me walking along, holding a purse, and he would come up behind me and grab my shoulder. I would turn around, and the first thing I would do was smash the purse (we used an empty one for the demo) into his face. That would cause him to draw the upper part of his body back, opening up his groin. I'd kick him in the groin (I was wearing soft shoes and he was wearing a cup) which would make him bend over and lean forward. Then I'd step to the side and trip him up while shoving down on his neck. He would fall to the ground, and I would run away yelling "Fire!" (Always yell fire if you are being attacked - not help. People may not want to get involved if you yell help, but everyone wants to see the fire.)

That was always our opening demonstration. So this particular day, right before we started, he came up to me and said, "Kick me in the thigh today. Not the groin. I forgot my cup." Now when you do these things, you have practiced enough that you are on auto-pilot. I started freaking out. He's like, "You'll be fine, just remember to move your kick to the side. I trust you."

Time to start and all I can think is "Don't kick his groin, don't kick his groin." He introduces us and says what we'll be doing, and then I grab the purse and start walking away from him... still thinking "Don't kick his groin, don't kick his groin." He comes behind me, grabs my shoulder, I whirl around and shove the purse at his face as hard as I can... and he hits the floor, blood gushing from his nose.

Yeah, I was so worried about the kick that I accidentally grabbed my real purse, which was full of all kinds of shit. And let me tell you... a full purse makes an excellent weapon. I broke his nose. Those ladies got more of a demonstration than any of us were expecting.

I felt terrible, but he iced his nose for a bit and we finished the seminar. And on the plus side, I didn't kick him in the groin once. Smile

Guest Guest

No he never did that again. LOL Face

He did pay me back later. Threw me in the studio, and gave it a little too much "oomph." I slid off the mat and ended up with rug burn on my nose and forehead... the night before a job interview. He felt terrible about that too. But it worked out fine. Good makeup helped, and I got the job.

Guest Guest
LOL flag Jeannie that was hilarious!!! Not for the poor guy, though!

Great idea about the weekend's WNH question! And yes, I had written my story when I realized it had to be "staged" on any kind of transportation, lol.

So here it goes now. This story is indirectly related to me but I find it funny and cute, at the same time.

I was in the hospital having had my first daughter Heart So one of my best friends came to visit me. On the way to my room, she met a friend of ours who had to be hospitalized after a pretty awful car accident. He had been in the hospital for almost a month but was already on the way to recovery and bored, so he was slowly pacing up and down the hall. When he saw my friend, he brightened up and told her "Oh Laura, I knew you would come to visit me! Thanks so much! Come walk with me" Of course, my friend didn't want to tell him it was not him who she was coming to visit. So she indulged him and talked and walked with him for a while. At one point she said, "Oh, I'll take the opportunity to visit Made as well. I already saw her but will pay her a quick visit" and they said goodbye. When she came to my room, laughing like hell, she told me the story and I said "Oh, yeah, Andres steals all my visitors Laughing"

Well, that man, Andres would become my second husband some 9 years after that!!! We could tell him the true story then LOL flag

Guest Guest

lol, Stacy! So true! And you met him, so you know he's kinda a crazy/funny guy!

At the time of my story, we had known each other for 6 years. Add to that the 9 that went by until we started dating plus the 20 we've been married, he has been "stealing" my attention for 35 years Shocked Time flies!!!

Guest Guest
Cute story Made! Okay here's my funny story. It's about my ex. He decided he was going to put an extra layer of insulation in the attic. That pink fiberglass is not something you want touching your skin. So he spent 45 minutes taping himself into this disposable jumpsuit thing he bought at Home Depot. It was one piece that covered him from head to toe(including a hood). He also bought booties and gloves. He taped the sleeves and leg openings to the booties and gloves with red duct tape. He had on a face mask and goggles.

After 45 minutes getting into this thing, he went up into the attic. He was up there for about 30 seconds when I heard him yell. He forgot that the attic space was only about 5 feet high. He stood up and cut the back of his head with a rusty roofing nail. So I had to take him to the ER for a tetanus shot looking like a giant tampon bleeding from his head. The ER nurse and doctor couldn't stop laughing.

Guest Guest

Aww, I love that story Made! Good for you for 35 years together. My husband and I just celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary last Tuesday. Time certainly does fly... or maybe I should say "Time Marches On." Wink

Laughing So Hard You OMG, Barb that is hysterical. Giant tampon bleeding from the head... ROFLOL

Guest Guest

Barb, that's hilarious!!! ROFLOL

Great stories, everyone! I have no clue what story to share. I'm sure something will come to me before the weekend is over, though.

Guest Guest

Stacy, you could probably fill your own thread. LOL Face I have a couple of others I'll probably share before the weekend is over.

Guest Guest

ITA, that Stacy has plenty of stories, lol and I just wanted to use this new smilie --> High Five!

Great stories. They had me laughing out loud.

I will tell one. When my kids were little, my husband and I were to go out for dinner with another couple. He went to pick up the baby sitter. She lived in our neighborhood but we had never had her babysit before. So he arrives at her house and her parents say to him: you already picked her about about 15 minutes ago. Dan says ummmm, no I didn't.

so the parents start to panic to try to find out what happed to their daughter. Someone picked her up and she got in the car and was gone. That was a horrible night. Dan came home and needless to say we didn't go anywhere. The girl's parents called the police and immediately started putting posters up in the neighborhood. They also came over to our house apologizing but insisting they search our house for their missing daughter, which of course we let them do.

I told them to PLEASE call us immediately as soon as they hear anything. I don't care if it is in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep anyways.

They called around 3am. Here is what happened. This other couple were to pick up a babysitter who lived a few doors down from them. They had never met the girl before so they stopped at the wrong house. Our babysitter had never met us either. All this was done by referral and phone. So the girl got in the car and went to this other couple's house and by the time she realized it was the wrong kids it was too late. Coincidently this couple's phone did not work and one of the kids was too sick to take out. There were no cell phones or Internet back then. So she had no way to call anyone.

The entire night was a bunch of wrong houses, wrong people and no phones. It was one of the weirdest nights of my life.

High Five!
I have a lot of stories. I'm old - I've lived through a lot! LOL I'll post this one for now. I may be back later if I think of something else funny.

I groomed race horses when I was younger. One of my favorites was a little filly names Iva Joy. Her sire and dam were thoroughbred royalty. She was just a baby - a 2-year old - and had never run in a race. She was very pretty, had the sweetest expression on her face ever! She was very classy acting for a baby, very sensible, very willing. I liked to pet on her, and talk to her. She was such a little sweetie!

Have to give you some background so the rest of the story makes sense. So, to get a baby ready to run it's first race; first you just gallop them for a couple of months after they are saddle broke. You start out slowly, more a canter, and only go maybe a mile. As the horse gets fitter, you go further and faster, but still don't run, just gallop. Then, once a week the horse will "work" which is run, starting out at like 1/4 of a mile, then 3/8 of a mile, then 1/2 a mile, then 5/8 mile, then 3/4 of a mile (for 2-year olds). When my filly, Iva, worked she was almost always the fastest work of the day at whatever distance she was working. These "works" are posted in the Daily Racing Form for everyone to see.

So, When Iva was entered in her first race, EVERYONE knew who she was. The entire stable area was abuzz about her. I was hounded by people I didn't even know asking how is she doing, is she sound, did she really work that fast, does she eat up everyday.. It was maddening!!

So, with great pride, I shined up Miss Iva's coat, mane, tail, hooves! She practically sparkled! The time finally arrives to lead her across the track to the paddock, so she can be saddled. We had to walk about a 1/4 of a mile on the racetrack to get to the paddock, which was under the grandstand. So, as we get closer to the grandstand, Iva notices that #1. It's NOT quiet like it is in the morning, and #2. There all kinds of people in the grandstand moving around, doing all kinds of stuff she has never seen before. She starts walking slower and slower, she keep trying to stop, as we got closer, she decided she wanted NO part of this noisy grandstand, and kept trying to turn around while refusing to move forward. So, I'm trying to coax her, all the people in the grandstand are watching her - they all know who she is. So, I finally got one of the ponies (the horses that accompany race horses on the racetrack - their riders usually have a big western saddle instead of the little tiny jockey saddle) to get behind Iva and try to push her forward. That worked for a few feet, but we were right in front of the very scary grandstand, and now had to enter this very scary place. That was it for Iva, she sat down on the track like Francis the Mule (Google that) and no amount of coaxing, pushing, pulling would make her get up! All of the pony riders were laughing so hard they were all almost falling off their ponies. Other people were trying to lead their horses into the paddock, but Iva was sort of blocking the way, Then, the Grandstand erupted in laughter, which grew louder as the minutes ticked away. Finally, several people came from someplace, and they all pushed Iva back onto all 4 feet, got behind her and literally pushed her into the paddock, which only made the laughter louder! Poor Iva was so freaked out she was just frozen, and there was no changing her mind about that!! We finally got the jockey's saddle on her, then got the jockey on her, but it was a struggle to make her move. We finally got her back out to the track, I handed her to the pony guy, who led her away from the grandstand, which she was VERY happy to do! When I handed her off, the crowd applauded! I graciously curtsied!

Iva broke from the starting gate first, and held that lead until they had to go by the grandstand. She completely turned her head sideways and gawked at the grandstand, which caused her to end up third! Poor Iva! She was so tired after that first race. Not physically tired, mentally tired. That crowded grandstand totally fried her little brain!! After that first time, she knew what to expect and won easily her next 2 races, but she was forever nicknamed "Francis the Mule"!

omg. Peggy, that store is hilarious and at the same time adorable.

Guest Guest

Viv, what a scary story... the parents must have been freaking out. And you too!

Peggy, too funny! (And I totally did not have to google Francis the Mule. I burst out laughing when I read that, since I got the picture right away. LOL Face

Hmm, I'm gonna have to think hard about this. I don't have many stories to tell...not funny at least.

Guest Guest
Peggy that's hysterical, but that poor baby.

I have another cute horse story if you guys are interested..... Rolling Eyes

Guest Guest
Go for it Peggy!

Guest Guest
Please do! The more the better!

Oh, Viv, that must have been a terrifying night for all!

Peggy, that is HILARIOUS! I'm glad Iva wasn't too traumatized and it went smoothly ever after!

Okay, last weekend my Dad was telling me about someone at his church who has a son who went to Stanford, and like I was many years before him, the son was in the Stanford Band. Now, the Stanford Band is by far the most irreverent and infamous college band in the country. And apparently this kid was a part of one of the top 10 most infamous LSJUMB (Leland Stanford Junior University Marching [mot!] Band) moments - the field show at BYU where the drum major acted out a proposal to one of the Dollies (the dancing girls) and then to another Dolly, and eventually all 5. Turns out BYU has even less of a sense of humor about themselves than Notre Dame folks. Anyway, this kid was the announcer that year and that show - the guy who reads the script over the loudspeaker explaining what the formations we are making on the field are.

Anywho, I told my Dad to pass on to this kid's Dad to pass on to the kid that I have more in common with this kid than just being a part of the Band because I was also an integral part of a few of the Stanford Band's most infamous moments. Notably, I was the graphics coordinator for the "Spotted Owl" fieldshow that caused the governor of Oregon to ban us from the state of Oregon. It was a funny show. And I didn't mention it to Dad, but the reason it came about was that during our weekly brainstorming session for that show, our manager, the one who is supposed to be level-headed and nix things that go too far, was chained to a beer keg and gave it his wholehearted blessing.

But that's not my story today. Today I'm going to talk about another infamous Stanford Band moment I was involved in, that in a way also involved my Dad. It was 1994. We had a football game down in LA. We went to LA every year for the UCLA or USC game, alternating years. Bad luck for us it was a UCLA year because Westwood is much farther from the L.A. County Courthouse than USC. No, no, we were not on trial. But O.J. Simpson was. It was during jury selection.

A group of us decided that instead of going to field rehearsal, we could not pass up the opportunity to mark the historic event of the O.J. Simpson trial in some way. So, we were in Westwood, and we just HAD to get to the courthouse. Somehow, it was figured out a way to get there via L.A.'s public transit. I think it took 3 different bus rides. Anyway, we got there and played some songs, like "She's Not There" *snort*, "White Punks on Dope" and, of course, our school fight song, "All Right Now."

Basically, the statement we were making was that this whole thing was just a media circus, so much so all it needed was a marching band!

All the gazillion reporters there bored out of their skulls, waiting for something to happen, had a great time. After a bit they said the defense team went to lunch and they'd be coming back in the door we were near. So we formed up into a chevron for them to funnel through to get in. Chris accidentally clocked Johnny Cochran on the head with his tuba. Oops. They appeared amused at the time but later, then lead defense attorney Robert Shapiro called it "A new low in tasteless behavior."

After, some of the reporters came up to interview a few of us, and one interviewed me. I thought nothing of it. Later in our hotel I saw it on TV, figuring it was just the local station and the big stations, in their stupid daily 10 minutes of O.J. before they get to any real news, would just show a little clip of us playing.

Those of us who participated in it were banned from playing in the UCLA game fieldshow the next day. We were yelled at a lot. Went back to Stanford and someone in my dorm said he saw me on TV. I figured it was the OJ thing but he said, no a cameraman at the game was apparently fascinated with me "bopping around in my bikini top" during the game and kept the camera on me for a very long time, lol.

A few days later, I got a phone call from my Dad. He had been on a business trip in Japan. He was in his hotel and turned on CNN International on the TV. And was rather shocked that the face on the screen was... Me! being interviewed after the OJ trial. So apparently, I have been on TV WORLDWIDE setting the standard for "a new low in tasteless behavior." But hey - all I did was hop on a few buses to play a few songs! Laughing

Guest Guest
ROFLOL Stacy, I didn't know you then, but I remember seeing that on tv and thinking it was cool. Apparently I like tasteless behavior. Wink

Jeannie wrote:
Apparently I like tasteless behavior. Wink

Jeannie, I'm SHOCKED to hear that!
Laughing hystericallWink

ETA: I know I've told that story here before. I'm going to try to think of a good story I've never told here or on the AI forum. I know I told my "lofty" story there. Wink

My favorite race horse was a colt named Tiger Castle. He came to the race track in March, right from the farm where he was saddle broke. He wasn't even officially 2 yet! He was a real baby! He came in with a huge gash on the top of his head, and he would not allow his head or neck to even be touched. He'd completely flip out. Turns out that they had tried to force a bit in his mouth and he flopped over backwards and landed on his head. So, I played with him, just being kind and quiet around him. He was VERY distrustful and absolutely terrified! I got him some special horse treats which made him pay attention to me. I discovered that he liked to have his tongue pulled. He'd stick his tongue out and I'd gently pull on it. His little ears would come up and he looked happier. Then I discovered that if I held his tongue, I could touch his head. So, I would hold his tongue and gently pet his face, till he's almost fall asleep on his feet. He started to trust me, and was very eager to please me. It wasn't long before I could touch his head, put his bridle on and take it off, put his halter on and take it off and wash and gently groom his head - as long as I held his tongue. Well, his training was coming along, and it turned out that he was really fast!! So the trainer decided that a different groom at a different track would get my Tiger!! But only for a couple of weeks. I was at a race track that was not running races at that time, and they wanted Tiger at the track were the races were actually being run to get him ready for his first race. So, I loaded poor Tiger in the van, crying, and hoped he would be okay for a few weeks.

On the afternoon of the 4th day after Tiger relocated, the assistant trainer came and told me that the next morning, I would be working at the track where Tiger was. Apparently, they were not able to even touch him without him totally flipping out. Of course, they tried to force him to do what they wanted which only made things worse, and he ended up scraping himself up! So, the next morning, I went to the other track. The asst. trainer told me I hope you can do something with this colt because he is wild!! He walked with me to the stall, I opened the webbing and walked in. Tiger took one look at me and came running over. He put his muzzle in my hand and stuck his tongue out. I held his tongue and he put his head in my chest and let out this huge sigh. The assistant trainer was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe it. So, Tiger was permanently under my care. That same morning, I tacked up Tiger to go to the track for the first time at this track - they hadn't been able to get a bridle on him. I was leading him around the shedrow with the exercise rider on him and walked by the groom that had been trying to take care of Tiger. He could not believe that I had put the bridle on!!

I took care of Tiger until he was 4 - then I left that trainer, but my then Tiger was a very confident, rather cocky colt. He didn't really need me anymore. He turned out to be a fairly nice horse. He won several races when I took care of him, and several races after that. He will always be very special to me.

Jeannie wrote:
Apparently I like tasteless behavior. Wink

Jeannie, I'm SHOCKED to hear that!
Laughing hystericallWink

ETA: I know I've told that story here before. I'm going to try to think of a good story I've never told here or on the AI forum. I know I told my "lofty" story there. Wink

*raises hand* Huge fan of tasteless behavior here! LOL flag

Stacy - I had the pleasure of hearing the spotted owl story on the subway after the Nokia show. This story is just as hilarous!! ROFLOL

I have to say i love reading everybody's stories Smile Thanks so much for sharing them Very Happy

@pn112 wrote:
My favorite race horse was a colt named Tiger Castle. He came to the race track in March, right from the farm where he was saddle broke. He wasn't even officially 2 yet! He was a real baby! He came in with a huge gash on the top of his head, and he would not allow his head or neck to even be touched. He'd completely flip out. Turns out that they had tried to force a bit in his mouth and he flopped over backwards and landed on his head. So, I played with him, just being kind and quiet around him. He was VERY distrustful and absolutely terrified! I got him some special horse treats which made him pay attention to me. I discovered that he liked to have his tongue pulled. He'd stick his tongue out and I'd gently pull on it. His little ears would come up and he looked happier. Then I discovered that if I held his tongue, I could touch his head. So, I would hold his tongue and gently pet his face, till he's almost fall asleep on his feet. He started to trust me, and was very eager to please me. It wasn't long before I could touch his head, put his bridle on and take it off, put his halter on and take it off and wash and gently groom his head - as long as I held his tongue. Well, his training was coming along, and it turned out that he was really fast!! So the trainer decided that a different groom at a different track would get my Tiger!! But only for a couple of weeks. I was at a race track that was not running races at that time, and they wanted Tiger at the track were the races were actually being run to get him ready for his first race. So, I loaded poor Tiger in the van, crying, and hoped he would be okay for a few weeks.

On the afternoon of the 4th day after Tiger relocated, the assistant trainer came and told me that the next morning, I would be working at the track where Tiger was. Apparently, they were not able to even touch him without him totally flipping out. Of course, they tried to force him to do what they wanted which only made things worse, and he ended up scraping himself up! So, the next morning, I went to the other track. The asst. trainer told me I hope you can do something with this colt because he is wild!! He walked with me to the stall, I opened the webbing and walked in. Tiger took one look at me and came running over. He put his muzzle in my hand and stuck his tongue out. I held his tongue and he put his head in my chest and let out this huge sigh. The assistant trainer was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe it. So, Tiger was permanently under my care. That same morning, I tacked up Tiger to go to the track for the first time at this track - they hadn't been able to get a bridle on him. I was leading him around the shedrow with the exercise rider on him and walked by the groom that had been trying to take care of Tiger. He could not believe that I had put the bridle on!!

I took care of Tiger until he was 4 - then I left that trainer, but my then Tiger was a very confident, rather cocky colt. He didn't really need me anymore. He turned out to be a fairly nice horse. He won several races when I took care of him, and several races after that. He will always be very special to me.

Tigers are pretty animal! I don't think i would go near them though.. I like all kinds of wild cats Smile

Peggy, I can totally picture you hanging onto this horse's tongue as you groom him, lol. Love how you shocked everyone at the other track, lol!

Guest Guest

I love that story, Peggy.

Pam, I love wild cats too. One of my audit clients is a wild animal rescue. They have something like 80 wild cats - lions, tigers, cougars, leopards, even ligers - that they have rescued from people who thought they would be cute pets. Rolling Eyes Most of them have been severely abused by the time my client rescues them. (They also have wolves, bears, monkeys, and many other wild animals... even zebras.)

When we were bidding the job, my boss and I went out to the sanctuary to talk to the owners. We went to the house and before we went in the owner told us that they had just got a baby black leopard. He was only 9 weeks old, and - as it was winter - too young to be kept even in their heated enclosures. He still needed bottle fed. So she warned us he was roaming their house.

We went in and sat down, and suddenly this huge black "cat" jumped up on my lap. He was big already - probably the size of a mid sized dog, and his paws were HUGE. I spent the next hour and a half holding and petting and playing with him. His name is Gonzo, and he was absolutely adorable. The owner even gave me a picture of him to take home with me.

Now I go see him every year when we do their audit. He's very big now, and no way would I dare to touch him now. Like all wild cats, he's not a pet and they let them live as naturally as possible in the Sanctuary. But I always smile when I remember getting to hold him, and he'll always be my favorite of all the animals there.

If you are interested, you can see many of their rescued animals here.

Oh and interesting fact... with all those animals there, the owner has been seriously injured once. In fact, she almost died and had to have major surgery and spend a few weeks in the hospital. Guess which kind of animal was responsible.

Think you know? I'll spoiler tag it below.

Spoiler:

Jeannie wrote:
I love that story, Peggy.

Pam, I love wild cats too. One of my audit clients is a wild animal rescue. They have something like 80 wild cats - lions, tigers, cougars, leopards, even ligers - that they have rescued from people who thought they would be cute pets. Rolling Eyes Most of them have been severely abused by the time my client rescues them. (They also have wolves, bears, monkeys, and many other wild animals... even zebras.)

When we were bidding the job, my boss and I went out to the sanctuary to talk to the owners. We went to the house and before we went in the owner told us that they had just got a baby black leopard. He was only 9 weeks old, and - as it was winter - too young to be kept even in their heated enclosures. He still needed bottle fed. So she warned us he was roaming their house.

We went in and sat down, and suddenly this huge black "cat" jumped up on my lap. He was big already - probably the size of a mid sized dog, and his paws were HUGE. I spent the next hour and a half holding and petting and playing with him. His name is Gonzo, and he was absolutely adorable. The owner even gave me a picture of him to take home with me.

Now I go see him every year when we do their audit. He's very big now, and no way would I dare to touch him now. Like all wild cats, he's not a pet and they let them live as naturally as possible in the Sanctuary. But I always smile when I remember getting to hold him, and he'll always be my favorite of all the animals there.

If you are interested, you can see many of their rescued animals here.

Oh and interesting fact... with all those animals there, the owner has been seriously injured once. In fact, she almost died and had to have major surgery and spend a few weeks in the hospital. Guess which kind of animal was responsible.

Think you know? I'll spoiler tag it below.

Spoiler:

Quote :

That's pretty cool they rescued them. Yeah there are alot of people think a wild cat can be a pet and they end up getting hurt. I think the wild animals are cute but i wouldn't try and make them pets you know.

Guest Guest
Peggy, I love your horse stories. They are such beautiful animals. One of my best friends growing up owned a horse farm. They bred Arabians. We were always riding, training and showing them.

Viv, I would have been terrified if that happened to my daughter. Those parents must have been out of their minds worrying.

Stacy, Your band stories never fail to crack me up.

I have a zillion Band stories. But most of them I have to self-censor, lol. Especially some that are pretty much about me in particular during my Band days and less so about the Band as a whole. I was a wild and crazy gal, lol.

I have a zillion Band stories. But most of them I have to self-censor, lol. Especially some that are pretty much about me in particular during my Band days and less so about the Band as a whole. I was a wild and crazy gal, lol.

I sooooo know what you mean! I have a whole lot more race track stories, but most are not suitable for public.. um.... confession??? Mums the word!!! LOL flag