Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
butterfly

I live in America but I totally agree with you Butterfly. Americans and others around the world need to wake up. And now would be a good time.

Love in Jesus,

Connie :cmere:

God holds our future, God is SOVERERIGN......... The Bible makes it perfectly clear
The king's heart is in the Hands of the Lord and like a river of water ,
HE turns it whithersoever HE will.” Proverbs 21:1

We as believers during the election pray; God let Your will be done, who's to say that it wasn't with God having an ultimate plan.
Whether McCain supports gays and abortion are you all saying the world will be a better place? no, I doubt it, persecution will come because the Bible makes it clear that it will ,regardless who comes in office. Obama is no different then McCain so on that note;
Let whatever hapens happen
God is still in charge, it seems we keep forgetting it.
I am not trying to sound harsh but enough is enough, it's done.

I truly believe that God gives us the choice of who USA wanted to be president. I don't believe God choose Barak, USA did. Just like in the old testament the people wanted a King and kept asking God for one and He gave them Saul. Saul was not after the intrest of God he was after his own intrest. So america spoke and voted this man to be our president. I truly believe the church needs wake up too. I beleive all of the hard work of trying to get laws changed to protect the unborn is now being foreced backwards and we just lost a lot of ground. Even in the arena of Marriage, we just lost a lot of ground. So now more then ever we need to pray for God to intervien and bring along side of our new president people who truly believe in God's laws. To much lawlessness in our government already we did not need an extreme liberal to be our President... O God we need you. Yes, we need to pray for him and pray protection over him, but we also need to pray he sees the light...

I have something else I would like to add. Blessed is the Nations who's God is the Lord. If we want God to continue to Bless this nation then we must vote in men or women how bring and uphold His laws first in there hearts and then in the government. Leaders who are not updholding God's laws are just like Saul. The Lord new USA would vote for Barak becasue of the condition of our society and the lawlessness. Not to meantion those in the Church who are not clear on the diffrence between War and abortion. War has been a part of the History of all nations starting with Isreal, The Lord to them to go into battle to posses their land. War also keeps people like Hitler from taking over and murdering innocent people. War that takes down men like that, is truly justice for perserving many. Abortion however takes a life out of selfishness and not wanting to be inconvienced. Then we have the Judges in this country that are making there own laws when their job is to uphold the law and make sure justice is given. That should not be... When they do that they are breaking the law themselves. I could go on and on. But I won't. I say all of this in love and I mean no disrespect to anyone..

With the upmost respect and love...

I'm trying to figure out why Christians continue to have conversations like this. If we TRUST GOD, why do we question if HE put this person or that person in charge? The Bible clearly states that we are not supposed to put our confidence in man and to not lean on the arms of flesh. It doesn't really matter who's in office, our focus should be on God. These are the types of conversations that should not be among us. In Psalms it clearly states that is it is GOD who promotes...there is no gray area to that.

Nothing against you Butterfly because you know I admire you and all that you contribute to these boards and believe me, I hear your heart in your question...I just think as Christians we get way too involved in the things of this world. This country is in a recession, but as Christians we are asked to keep our eyes towards the hills from whence cometh our help (Psalm 121) and we should continue to do so and not worry about if our president or any of the people he elects believe what we as Christians believe. We need to turn the blame (if any) to the church because it has hidden it's light. It's sad, but we are beginning to look like the world. People in the church are having abortions...people in the church believe in gay marriage, so why should we expect a president or anyone else to believe otherwise? Yes, we as Christians should all check ourselves, but in the meantime, we need to focus on the Lord during this time because our time here on this earth is short and we must stay away from trying to figure things out since this world CANNOT and WILL NOT get any better. The word promises that this world will WAX COLD!!!! So we need to rejoice...we are right on target to witness the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter who is in office.

It's amazing to me that we are questioning our leadership since there is a changing of guards and not once questioned the fact for the past eight years we had someone in office who professed to be a Christian as well, but has recently been labled as one of the worst presidents in a long time. I had high hopes for McCain and Palin who also professed to be Christians, but had the nastiest "lashing of the tongues" campaign I have seen in a long time. What are we saying right now? Are we sour because we feel that the right wing still represents Christ? I'm sorry, but I haven't seen not in the past eight years and not in the presidential campaign. I personally don't think God is judging America...I believe we America is seeing death due to the wages of sin...I believe America is reaping what it is sowing. If it sows greed, it will reap destruction. I still believe in the love of God and I PERSONALLY believe that the same God that spared Sodom and Gomorrah from destruction until the righteous left the city is the same God that will spare Amercia until the righteous are removed. Many people disagree with me and that's fine, but that is my personal opinion on this matter.

Blessings to you and PLEASE don't take offense...I just needed to say this to bring another side to this topic...I have tried to stay away from the political side to this board, but this time I felt the need to say something. My tone in this message is in love and once again it is MY OPINION. kiss

Butterfly...as I have stated...I choose to believe in the protection and love that God has for his people and will not give into anything outside of that. As I have also stated, I have my opinion and I am sticking to that. I am not saying that these things will not happen, I just choose to believe that as we continue to focus on the Lord and His word, we don't have to give into the fear that sometimes these types of conversations birth.

Blessings to you my friend...I choose to stay away from arguments that at some point will turn into something that does not edify. Continue in your passion

huggins

all i can say to this is: GOD IS IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING . HE TAKES THE FOOLISH THINGS TO CONFOUND THE WISE

I have to agree with Cholette here.

Everyone have made some interesting points but one thing is certain and will always be: THE PLANS OF THE WICKED SHALL FAIL BUT THE WILL OF GOD WILL PREVAIL.

Nomatter whom is or isn't in office, God's will shall be done regardless. GOd promises to take care of his children in every way as long as we keep focused on him as our source and not on man!

I do believe that because of what's at stake (an increase of homosexuality, abortion, recession, etc) that the LORD IS COMING BACK just like his words says and we have to be ready because it could be any moment!

Lets focus on getting souls saved and bringing them into the kingdom and out of bondage. I don't want to see anyone go to Hell.
I love you all with the Love of Christ and be ultimately and abundantly blessed in all that you do!
"hey we're all learning"...so live, love, and laugh--it can't hurt" lol!

smooches
desiree

I whole heartedly agree with Cholette and Desiree,

The devil always wants us to focus on anything else except for God, His will and His Word....when we lose that focus we are in trouble. Because His strong hand is what brings us out everytime no matter the situation....

God Bless....

There are many Christians who have fallen away because we in the church have not done enough to minister to them adequately and encourage their faith in the Lord.

I agree with you here! Lets not ignore but keep God first and passionately tell others that they are loved by God...God has drawn us by his love didn't he? so we must do the same! Pray that God give us each a revelation as to how we should approach and react to those he places in our lives!

smooches
desiree

first of all, I very much love my country, I will not even go there about what God means to me....Because I have seen God move all of my life....however, the Bible says that in the last days there will be a lot of things taking place like, wars and rumor of wars, false teachers, false prophets...if you don't have discerment of the spiritual then you (being everyone) are going to be in for a serious ride....I believe in what God stated in His word, to pray for our leaders. I know that it looks grim because of who was voted into office but God has complete control in all things. It depends on how you are choosing to apply your faith...This bickering is not of God, He is no where in this....He said to love one another as I have loved you, I gave my life for you. So, this whole thing would fall under heresies, corrupt communications and also rebellionness toward God's leading....

My take on Obama being promoted is this. Obama has said he himself does not believe in same sex marriages or abortion. However, he will not try to choose for those who do. McCaine may not believe in same sex marriages or abortion, but what is the difference between abortion(murder) and the hundreds of thousands of deaths of people due to the war. Why believe that abortion is wrong, but that other killings are o.k.? McCaine may not believe in same sex marriage, but what is the difference between this sin and oppressing the poor which Jesus Christ destests? The bottom line is there is no sin that is less than a sin than any other. The Lord says that we must pray for our leaders and government and it is clear why He said so.

Why base our decisions on who to vote for simply because McCaine stands against 2 sins but commits others. If we should vote for anyone based on good morals, then it should be based on them abiding by the entire word of God not just a few sins. Lying, oppressing the poor, slander(mud slinging), bearing false witnesses and so on was seen during this election. I think we have yet to see a president that abides by the whole law/word of God whether they are democrat or republican.

Zainab

Butterfly,

I know there are many sides to God. However, us Christians as asleep, unaware, unconcerned, apathetic, unmoved is stating that we are complete idiots in matters of God. Fact is Butterfly that many people choose to go where the Bible says to stay away from strife and railings and the such manner of things. I can't help that you got angry but to sit an argue about something that is already done is a waste of time. Many Christians are a sleep but I chose to see things that are coming. I chose to not debate what God has placed before me. I chose to except Him, His word and His guidance.. People do need to take a stand for what is right. However, you live in a world that is controlled by the devil and his influences. As christians we are only passing through here. My sincere prayer is that God will deliver His people like He said that He would. Going against where He stated in the last day there would be famine, wars, mothers would come against daughters, fathers against sons, stands very clear in my mind. The prophets of the Bible time were killed because they stood for what is right. I know many people like that, because I have been one of them.

Us american christians aren't as a sleep as what you think. As far as asking God about you, that I will do...however, where good is evil is immediately present. The ones that are truly walking with the Lord and relying on what His word says doesn't take it very lightly when someone states that we are not aware of what is going on. I already know that you feel like it is your place to correct people but, God does the changing if we are so wrong.

No one is perfect, but love covers a multitude of sin...and to set things straight that you said about the christian who killed himself.. This is the way I see it...he may have been a christian at one point, but if he took his own life, he took something that didn't belong to him. Which is a sin, therefore if he died due to suicide he wasn't right with God.

By no means is anything perfect in or on the earth. But there is soon coming a place that is. So, if you truly want to honor God with your life, then help get people truly saved, help them to make it in instead of wasting precious time arguing about something that we do not have control over any longer.

I give you a big thumbs up, because you city or county must be completely free of any sinners, sick or any that may be asleep. Judgement is used for many pruposes of God, people think because they are saved, or whatever, they can bring judgement upon someone else, which is wrong because they are using their own judgement. God's judgement is right, based upon His word. Therefore calling american christians all those things you stated above is already saying that you are judging everyone when you don't personally know each of these people.

God has sent prophets down through the years to tell us things of this nature, those that accept it and start praying about it is thrown in with those that either doesn't understand the urgency or with the ones whom does not care what happens. I, Ms. Butterfly, am very passionate about all living creatures and I am very compassionate about my savior. His name is above all names, Jesus Christ.

So, trying to debate things won't work with people who has been taught better by the Lord. There isn't time for all of this to be going on, because some of us are busy about the Father's business and we are doing whatever we can to help people and lead them to God. We are vessels of the Lord. So, I would seriously think and study the word of God and come under submission to His word and start working with us christians to win souls for the Lord. I have read the Bible for 20+ yrs. I know what is in the Bible, if I don't I know how to find it and then some. So, join in and help those of us that are trying to make a greater difference one person at a time. We would love to have help, because the harvest is ready but there are few workers laboring....

I can relate to how you think Desiree - Now that Barack Obama is elected, as the body of Christ let us lift him and bless him and bind him in the blood of Jesus, so that every decision he makes, and every word he speaks will edify the country and world as a whole...

I believe that the President of the USA is the toughest job in the world - and as Christians we must recognise that most of the media is secular and as such you cannot believe 90% of what they report. Me personally, if I hear it from Bill O'Reilly I believe it.....

Hi Beloved sisters and brothers,

Everyone has an opinion but in the end they do not matter. The bottom line is this, we as his children need to stay close to him and allow him to show us how to pray for our leaders and our nation. The bottom line is it all starts with me and with you in our beloved Father. Our Daddy knows the true hearts of man and he will reveal the things that need to be revealed. We speak about how we are to honor our leaders and we are to pray for them. Many have bashed Bush in the church instead of getting on their knees for him. I personally have been grieved on how we have done this and then we talk about praying for Obama when we have dishonored yet another man who was put in the position of the office because of what we heard in the media or through the grape vine of the internet instead of seeking our Beloved king on behalf of Bush. I am not saying Bush did not mess up, or lie, or sin. It is not for me to throw a stone at him because I then should in return have many stones thrown at me. I have wept and repented on behalf of the church and this nation of what we have done to Bush and even other presidents before him, so that I can personally pray effectively for Obama.

When we as Gods people speak against our president we release a word curse over him that will effect the decisions he makes for our nation. Now I know that is heavy, the Lord said," life and death is in the power of the tongue." We as the church Body can speak life or death over our President which will cause a change and effect on our nation. I chose life. I chose to speak blessing.

I have personally asked the Lord to Bless Bush as he leaves office by reversing every word curse that was spoken over him while he was appointed as president, so that we can see a turn around take place in the White House and over our Nation. IT IS TIME FOR A BREAK THROUGH!

Blessings and Merry Christmas.
Jeanie

I really agree with cholette, too long for me to explain that way :p I don't like debate or long talk or 'that kind of conversation', so...
I'll just say a few words: I don't know whether Obama is a God chosen or not, but I'm sure God could use everything for our goodness. Give thanks in everything, good or bad, He will make us walk in our best paths. God bless us all

Here is my final two cents worth.......His plans are not our plans, His thoughts are not our thoughts. I do not know the future that God has for me but I will walk in it knowing that the Father is my strong refuge and my fortress and I will be covered under the wings of His love. I pray for all those in authority over us and like bueatyforashes pray for our leaders. It is my job as a Christian to witness to those who do not know the Father and tell them the good news of Jesus Christ.......everything else I leave to the Father.

Love in Jesus,

Connie thinking

God promoted Saul and take a fine look at what all he did. The people asked for a king and they got one even though the Lord said they didn't need one. Many asked for Obama, and we got him.

Those in the old testament who were seeking a king did not have the interest of God either. I truly believe God gave them His permissive will (what they kept begging for), rather than His perfect will (what He had already planned to give them). That's why there is an old saying that goes..."Be careful what you ask (pray) for. God allowed Saul to be king over them, even in his wickedness, but in the end God changed Saul's heart in an instant. He was given the name Paul, and became one of God's powerhouses! What the enemy meant for bad, God turned it around for good.