Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
undercoverbrother

The Undercover Hideout [7-11 we ridin'! part ii]

What's up all ma homebois! UCB is back yo!

Okay i guess most new playaz here bit blur on what's goin on hehe, anyway this is undercoverbrother, one of appointed HWCM commitee member. Some members know me mainly for my 'huntings' and his trademarked 'spm exam standard essay length' posts, but treasure hunts anyway is just part of what i'm into, more about that when time's right to share my other collections here, also hauls other non-HW stuff especially McF. Familiar with forumin' scene since Play era, LY's hw thread and founding member of the other side of local toy forum, deep apologies for being m.i.a there for very long time, no me didn't quit or not bothered.. but forced to 'hibernate' just as how i often disappeared even here in hotwheels hehe.. soon when time is right (by that i mean when personal life is straightened up and finally returns to college) would want to be active in all forums involved and be cool with everyone, even if there's any playaz who might not be cool with me lol.. all i wish is to chill out and getting along with all collectors out there, not gonna scream for changes, political 'campaigning' and all sorts. Wink

Reason i came out with this, well this dedicated thread is sort of going to be my 'personal blog'.. yeah a blog within forum. Gonna be filled with lengthy posts, maybe pics, mainly on hotwheels and maybe some other stuff as well. Lotsa things i feel like sharing out with all the new hwcm'ers out there, and during my 'online hibernation' (you could hibernate from hauling hotwheels, or you could just hibernate online, or both) i actually came out with few writings that i will share here soon. Well knowing undercoverbrother = greens, maybe i would start with these t-hunts thingy.. t-hunt is definitely one controversial topic in hotwheels isn't it? Very Happy

Also whatever it is whether greens or not, any issues that might surface here in HWCM (we surely expect it will) i'll try to be as neutral as possible and share my thoughts or explain about it in positive way, i guess some playaz already aware of my writing style. If the HWCM core members are taking the bullets, well depending on what's going on i might not say "we are always right, you guys can get the hell out of here", but of course i can't be the good cop all the time, we need bad cop as well.

Alright guys guess i'll stop here first. Until then, from my alter ego's catchphrase.. "Keep it smooth! Keep it international!" afro

hey man welcome back to the scene. we definitely missed you around here, looking forward to your hunts, hauls and horribly long stories! Wink

mr undercover dude...
long taim no see~
miss u lorr here at HWCM...
Wink

Spoiler:

What's up all that 7E pimps and hustlas! Heard news of playaz Super haul here and there.. awesomeness! Btw undercover too did his 7E hits on his own and result (as in right now) is 4 reg Qombee with 2 Super Qombee and 1 Super Drift King, wouldn't elaborate in details field report but enough to say the number outlets covered is huge! mainly targeting more one hulu ones while certain spots reserved for few forumers sekampung. Well hardhuntin' and sum coordination just means you're giving your best shot and increase the odds of scoring Super cause no one could be lucky all the time. And hearing news of other collectors too having scored a Super where we have tried once, twice that sums up what i always stress out, be positive! Yes, whichever area it is, lots of outlets that seemingly 'hunted' but no one actually know what they had, lots of 7E's did not even bring it out even when promotion already starts.

Anyway, if that doesn't soothen things up.. okay only got myself 4 reg qombee cause with Super Qombee wave around and lesser hw quantity slimmer chance already expected even for regs. But tried my best to locate more and these are 5 outlets i found but left regs for you guys (they could be on peg or you guys gotta keep flirting the 7E kakak). Figure out where and move now!

Reg Qombee
-7E Section 2, Shah Alam
-7E Bandar Puteri, Klang
-7E Taman Sri Andalas, Klang
-7E Lebuh Turi Taman Chi Lung, Klang

Reg Drift King
-7E Taman Sungai Kapar Indah, Klang

Will update more from other territories i gonna give a try soon. And sorry unlikely that i would list Camaro, Bagger, Motorhome regs as i myself short of them. All the best!

Can someone grab a reg for me...
those place are to far from my hometown...
lol
hehe
Wink

updated list of 7E's with hunts for you guys to grab.. (other playaz are welcomed to contribute here!)

Quote :
Reg Qombee
-7E Section 2, Shah Alam
-7E Bandar Puteri, Klang
-7E Taman Sri Andalas, Klang
-7E Lebuh Turi Taman Chi Lung, Klang
-7E Rawang Bus Stand, Rawang

Reg Mustang
-7E Serendah (after Rawang)

Reg Drift King
-7E Taman Sungai Kapar Indah, Klang

Chapter I - System of a Down!

netmatrix wrote:
Quote :
Whatever is packed into the cases is totally random and apparently also the distribution is handled

by the Mattel HQ in the States.

Actually i would say there isn't any system to pack cars in a box. Most of you would love to believe that a specific amount of cars are packed in a box don't ya? hahaha. There "might" have been a system few years ago. It has degraded since.

I would love for them to rojak everything and then see who gets what. hahah.

Whud up all tha Hotwheels hustlas! Okay. I'll try to share some pointers for those still curious about this assortments discussions. It's all cool though if some might not agree with it Wink The fact is, yes the system is there. Else the stamped case code wouldn't be there at first place. If you ask most collectors they would pay attention on that first of the three letters to figure out the wave, but fyi even difference in next 2 letters could give a hint for things like whether a Mustang GT reg comes with 4 or 2 stripes. Only if boardies paid attention Demonicle too has pointed out in one of his thread about how that small code stamped on top of each card gives a hint the case assortments they belong to.

As or treasure hunts, i've stressed out before that the randomness itself is part of the system i.e "this guy checked 50 cases worth and found zero super" (assuming all cases are fresh) and "that guy could score 5 supers in like 5 cases worth". Also what collectors refer to as 'dead case' meaning legit case with zero t-hunt (even reg) is also part of the system not only here but worldwide oversea collectors could confirm this, mattel definitely has knowledge of what's out of their factory. Just to dispel certain belief that "whenever i saw new stock with missing hunts it's definitely hoarded". Example for here is 07's Cadillac V-16 and 08's Drift King (which later on we learned about 'reg wave' and 'super wave').

Regarding the assortments, a shortpacked models is, still shortpacked models. Period. But the problem is, some might confused it with cars that is seemingly shortpacked but Mattel also have allocated them for future waves as well (e.g black FXX), only going through few waves we can be assured which are meant to be on limited run, but some obvious model (especially heavy ones) collectors rather not pass on it (whether they really dig that car or for 'other purpose' that i leave it to them). So if we encounter 'strange assortments' we might actually be seeing different waves altogether. I myself could not fully memorize Qombee-Camaro-Bagger wave as they're pretty similar. But in the end if i really pay attention yes, they are in their own respective wave, i.e among all 3 wave green La Troca were only in Bad Bagger TH wave.

More on that strange assortments.

Firstly it's very normal practice during year transition for Hotwheels to mix different year models in single case again not only Malaysia but worldwide. That new year models could appear in late of previous year or the other way round, to make even more complicated not only the card design get swapped, same model even appeared in BOTH year's card (i.e WWE Impala, Hummer TH , Pit Cruiser TH and Dairy Delivery TH all exist in '06 and striped '07 card). In the end they're all still part of that 'system' but i also have to agree with you guys, very pening. Just like when T-Hunt's order used to be 1,2,3..12 but last year it's all jumbled up.. another twisted but still, a system by our beloved Mattel, definitely not the kakak kilang being the culprit for that to happen straight whole year. In other words, the problem ain't all due to 'system or no-system' they can have whatever assortment tactics they want. But it doesn't end here.

So, "what is going on?"

I think i have shared here before, i was reliably informed (me not involved with Mattel anyway lol) that what we're facing now is the case of unfinished cases of last year.

Please don't be confused how Mattel HQ assorts individual cars, or concern on which party dictates it whether US Mattel, Asia or akak kilang and all that is not the main point, cause cases during year transition by nature memang mixed (as in new year-previous year combination, not refering to 'rojak packing' some might assumed), Americans scored Qombee in actual '09 case too. And bout that 'sought after-ugly' cars thingy i won't repeat much bout it again cause it's to do with assortments when our real problem is more to do with distribution, more on that later. As far as assorments is concerned every wave is 'balanced' in way only Mattel knows with rarity (no matter cantik or ugly) being part of their game. If we are tortured with lack of Skyline TH (sorry i had to use t-hunt example again lol) here, somewhere else could be getting it massively but.. the other side too are being 'screwed' the other way round like how Canadians desperately looking for Road Runner unlike us. Anyway save that "i still say it's unbalanced, why Mattel won't understand us" conversation first, so back to the what i'm trying to say.. the bottom line is last year our market 'screwed up' in sense of stocks allocated for year '08 is far from finished, so automatically what we should be getting within last year is dragged to present time, it's just that. Naturally a new stock would appear once older ones done, but that would then take forever and we'll be annoyed and yes Mattel knows that too. So the real '09 wave (Bad Bagger, Motorhome) is being thrown together so we got now is 4+2 of different waves (if you count DK and Angels as well) around same time. And with particular models appeared in this and that wave it's not surprising we get an impression the cars isn't 'properly assorted' at all. Plus every 7E stores did not receive a full case worth so they were 'reassorted' beforehand (obviously cause they need to divide them out first) and it's known hypermarkets also sometimes pack up and ship their pegwarmers to next branch.. making this whole thingy sound even more complicated.

So.. if we track down reason hardly we could get what we want, it's mainly due to waves throughout the year didn't get to rotate smoothly. it's the distribution problem we're facing. This store shouldn't get this much but they did (furthermore all the same cars), that store never receive at all, etc. And yes it's true if we analyze deeper the seemingly slow stocks it's what you guys been mentioning, the car assortments itself to do with it. However by common sense even if let's say this wave consist of half Ferraris, heavy cars and, 5 T-Hunts but the distribution side (whether it's factory, warehouse or vendor's fault) got the exact cases being repeated all over place, or did not restock at all.. we can laugh these nasty scalpers wont be bothered to hunt down the greens anymore but at same time no point for us too to buy more than one, causing wave to hardly rotate. Then the next wave (also with another 5 T-Hunts plus every 'genuine' cars that sure to make 'genuine collectors' tegang) could not even occupy the still packed shelves, and by the time the '3rd wave' (this time with bonus 10 T-Hunts plus finest kiddie selections sure to make kids have to be dragged out the store) is ready, it's already too late we gotta mix everything up on shelves.. and what we got here is both 'genuine collector' and his child crying side by side it's no longer their field day (and maybe hoarder hiding behind there crying as well cause he can't make money this month..). Plus our neighbouring countries already enjoyed 4th and 5th wave that consist of real cash money and bling blings to replace t-hunt$, and we're still lagging behind.

Well, perhaps it's not all about distributions, you know.. the world economy right now have something to do with it as well right, lol. But whatever it is back to issue of bad assortments thingy i still believe Mattel does see the bigger picture and know how to play their mainline cars well. It's just certain things they can't avoid (like increasing the price) that affects us all. Heck even Treasure Hunts could be just anything even ugly ones too, and they'll never last long on pegs hehe. Not to say we shouldn't advise Mattel, maybe you guys can provide them some input but maybe not a specific demand. As for pegwarmers like FE Qombees and Blimps that further proves you guys point, yeah they're way overflooded, they should have cut down production of lame design greatly, better yet make a t-hunt. Wait, they did and now everyone is flashing their 'hard earned' Super Qombees.. yeah Mattel pwned us again lol.

Now can you guys see why the 'hype' is needed even it sounds like 'betraying passionate genuine hw collectors'? Actually Hotwheels didn't, if they do hwc.com won't even exist, they won't come out with whole range of real collectors line for real collectors to focus on, Redline anyone?

So if i were to represent the 'real collectors' out there, rather than strong petition on mainlines why don't just force Mattel to bring 'the real' Hotwheels line here! Hmm i guess their reply definitely sound something like "Well we tried before, but our market not ready yet..etc etc" So are you guys unhappy? Then convince them! Build stronger local fanbase of hotwheels collectors maybe they would bring little by little, good enough to distract from 'rm6.50 bad packings' unhappiness! Laughing But then.. why the need of stronger community anyway, you guys are just giving more names to those 'HWCM reg DK sculpers', who knows they're working on next darker plot to sculp Redline Exclusives too..

Haha..

Anyway back to our 'systematic' talk, before i end this first chapter here's some spiritual 'be positive' stuff for y'all..

As for frustrations of "anything shortpacked definitely will be hoarded" well it's not purely 'shortpacked factor' to blamed for as i could name many more models that came once and gone but you don't see people holding 10pcs of it. The first step is to be calm and try to get clearer picture the status of it, is it really not gonna come out again in other wave, or is that same wave you're seeing is just a teaser as nowhere else got it yet, this is the importance of studying the overall wave out there (and that's what HWCM for).

Just for example i'm one of few here who owned FTE TV batmobile right now, and others don't have it. Thanks to me hoarding it? Well i only have 1 piece of it and the reason for seemingly vhtf merely because GMC Motorhome wave (where the batmobile is) is still very few out there, even if i wish to buy and scalp 10 pcs 2 is the most i could come across. So yes, things aren't always as bad as we keep telling ourselves, if you get whole idea of it. But while Motorhome wave is still kering anywhere now turns out a random boardie here (i use the word 'random' to avoid another hwcm cronnies speculations) spotted particular outlet receive stocks like a pallete of it, and that's the importance of keeping in touch with each other, for those who really need that batmobile as well can now locate and get it (if it's a taboo getting that boardie help buy for you cause it's considered as hoarding as well)

Or,

We could just be cool and wait for more of that Motorhome wave to fully hit the market, hopefully, for everyone to get their own chance. Again importance of keeping in touch ..otherwise when every boardie learned about it, starts clearing it before ya and.. more frustrations. I'll share a lil' story.. mid of last year while everyone still suffering from 'Chrysler overdose' a new t-hunt popped out of nowhere, that is Dodge Viper TH. But only in Tesco. And.. damn, they disappeared. While some might want start petition to burn scalper alive and all that what they might not be aware of is that culprit named 'Tataka' (not his real name) is just being lucky and he's helping us all with his 'hoarded' Dodge Viper regs. While people could still argue bout Tataka's action til no end eventually Dodge Viper wave made it's REAL hit to almost entirely 7E's out there and everyone came back smiling. Moral of the story, you figure it out.

..but understandable not every wave is Dodge Viper wave. So what if you really miss this particular model (whether it's th or non-th). As i said for 56th time, the key is to just chill. Is it not normal for us to have good and bad day, even that dude undercoverbrother his Bad Bagger TH score count is zero still, though the wave is quite a lot out there (but he managed to get it from trade, thanks to some previous hunts extras that he.. 'hoarded' before).

Under certain circumstances when something is really wrong (i.e Solid Snake and his Kota Kinabalu case), yes, we got to bring it out, fight individuals responsible (only if they're proven guilty) and all. But only if we truly understand the scene it's not all about them, nothing but scalpers (not defending them anyway) and Mattel's (through their hotwheels assortments) fault! Wink

So good luck, have a nice day and apologies for using too much of T-Hunts examples (i'm not actually writing about T-Hunts subject lol). Happy Haulin'!

oh man that's a long essay! Razz but it is a good one. Smile

bro undercover the sungsi kapar indah 7e the shell one or the shoplot

and the green is onthe rack or in the boxes

Raymond wrote:
bro undercover the sungsi kapar indah 7e the shell one or the shoplot

and the green is onthe rack or in the boxes

7e sg kapar indah the shoplot one not Shell. Last i saw it's not on rack but a box slightly smaller than actual case. During the previous promotion (Funny Car Hot / Bird round, scored reg Hot Bird in that Shell one btw) i saw almost full case of Dodge Viper including Dodge Viper TH (which i also passed). Yes the case that actually meant for previous previous promotion not even up on display even after the next promotion. Not sure what happen to that Dodge Viper wave but chances are you might be seeing 2 cases, real HW case of Viper wave and that small box with few DK stuff, or maybe by now they've sold quite number of it so rest mixed together in single case.

And btw.. this is also the very outlet that i scored Super Drift King hehe, worth my gamble to try all the way to Kapar, sorry for leaving only that reg Wink

And btw i dunno what's up with the Datsun Bluebird hype but i found one that day. Since i don't really collect Datsun anyway anyone still looking for it and can show up in future gath can have it.. just pm me, and pls don't ask me to come and and deliver it to you.

Ur essay is no longer SPM length, it's MUET afro
Maybe can put at main page for those who didnt come in here to read it Smile

Alright, not the time yet for 2nd chapter of undercover's blog but great news to all my playaz! I am doing huge RR giveaway for just any HWCM homebois out there, at no extra cost. Unlike my past offerings ya guys may not need adhere to certain terms to get RR from me, even if you already have it before you're most welcomed. With exception of demonicle and Rayz-HWC, whom i have personal issues with, they're not even welcomed to click the link below. By the end of this post, T-Hunt'ers or not, i don't wish to see any HWCM playaz to be RR virgin. Do check it out!

http://undercoverbrother.blogspot.com/2009/05/finally-rr-for-yall.html

After reading your essay.. one question pop into my mind? Hope you dun mind to answer... haha wat course are you in ar? I don't think is Accounting rite? Razz Accounting don't require long essay Razz

^ must be engineering

haha Razz

btw UCB...
i actually shy to ask... Embarassed
who is this rick roll anyway?
scratch

when I saw the link I already knew, it's Rick Roll, hahaha....actually Rick Astley is not that bad...

kuih_tiow wrote:
wuts d correct answer fadhli?

i dont think its a question? heh

kuih_tiow wrote:
so how many times u kene Rick n Roll zint3k?

i lost count...lol
haha
well this dude sure knows how to make himself well known~
Wink

Before that, lil' flashback of my old post regarding previous 7E round (first half of 2009) for hwcm newbies out there to read and feel it!

undercoverbrother wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Alright, 2nd half of 2009.. yes all ma playaz, 7E promotion is back! Since i'm bit tired from hunting instead of preparing another muet essay i'll just highlight in pointers just like the previous one.

1) Feel free to digest urself with whatever i wrote above before continuing with this one cause we're not gonna explain again what's up with all this 'hwcm 7e attacks' and newbies concern of not getting any goodies.

2) Yup as someone pointed out most out there are Bad Bagger wave with slight touch of Neet Streeter! Still waiting for any new sightings of other waves (hint - yes they're here).

Bad Bagger th! Neet Streeter th! Yeah yeah it's all about greenies again. Okay.. but there's actually many other cool cars too, and Matchbox. Go find it out.

3) Most of the 7E outlets receives the stuff barely a night or two before promotion starts today, yes you guys are still in the race it's not like we hustled it hard weeks ago in 7E storerooms or something.

4) We had a tradition back then to do a '7e hunts tally' online with every playaz th score and it's location grouped together merely as reference for everyone out there who wanna try get some idea and plan their huntin' radius better. But, well you know these kind of thing easily misinterpreted as in we're saying "f--- all y'all we all pwned all the hunts!". Plus you know holding more 10 same hunts entitles you the nick scalper although it's an open secret we'll just bring it out and distribute to just anyone at retail unless they're lesser common hunts. Now i think we'll just leave it to individual playaz sharing their haul their own space if they wish to.

5) Anyway the good news is since everyone can do their part i believe most hwcm playaz are now less on "taking as many regs" thing and rather focused on capturing the Super.. the main purpose behind these countless hits thing. Chances are reg Bad Bagger should be easy one as i've asked some playaz and yeah they did the same too (leaving them once they're good). Datsun Bluebird? If i pick my nose and randomly stick it chances are it could hit a Datsun Bluebird.

6) So anti-hoarders rejoice! Not. Hoarders or not the effect are more or less the same, rise of new collectors, open discussion thingy we got here in hwcm, good stuff just disappeared fast. In fact most of us who already did the rounding were pretty impressed with many 'unknown competitors' giving close chase. They must've be one of us too, sneaky like a ninja (great minds think alike) or maybe just total outsider, but who cares. We're still Hotwheels collectors and it's all cool! Very Happy

7) So all my playaz, good luck! This ain't shopping malls, with all the timing and scattered 7E factor no one could ever claim they successfully 'conquered' their 'territories' at least for now. But still important to hunt smart, please keep in touch with your hw homies and remember, it's all about FUN! You wanna know what's fun? Ask undercoverbrother, when he hold Super Bad Bagger in the middle of 7E last nite it's kinda like he just took an LSD trip.

Won't disclose detailed hunting radius but as for Shah Alam round here's some spot for anyone who can be fast enough and grab the Reg Bad Bagger TH. But no guarantee definitely still available by now cause Shah Alam seems to be very 'active' today, but anyone in need can give it a try!

undercoverbrother wrote:
7E Section 7 (near Bintang Supermarket)
7E Section 13
7E Section 20
7E Sri Muda (near Kesas)
7E Subang Hi-Tech

undercoverbrother wrote:

Klang (only scouted handful of 7e's)

7E Bukit Tinggi (closest to Giant) - Bad Bagger
7E ACS School - Bad Bagger
7E Persiaran Raja Muda Musa (Hindu temple) - Bad Bagger
7E Persiaran Raja Muda Musa (Shell station) - Ford Mustang GT (still warming from previous round)
7E Persiaran Raja Muda Musa (Mobil station) - Ford Mustang GT (still warming from previous round)