Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
undercoverbrother

Share your hw hunting stories..

matbear82 wrote:
wokeh... esok nak g shopping kat mesra brem mall... aku nak bwk TH kasik kat awek tue... Cool

Oh, taste awek yang tue2, muda2 la baru cun...... Very Happy

in kisah of da real playa... happened just a few days ago to yours truly.. i was beleking the peg.. got 2 focus rs so i took it then this sales chicka walked up to me and ask " err abg nak yg kat tepi2 ada hijau tak? keta pun warna hijau gak" .. then i said " kalau ada boleyla.. then proceed to follow her to the counter.. after a moment of belek membelek in the drawer and cabinet.." err abang da takder la ada orang ambik... sori yer.. err abg bg no hp kalau ada lain kali saya call..yer"... see ni baru PLAYA.. the chick yang offer then the chick yg mintak number... now is that a big L i c on ur forehead guys..ahahahaha

demm, i surrender.. caya la bro. respek! cheers xde tips2 ke utk newbie ni? Twisted Evil
(kalu gf aku masuk thread ni, mmg masak la...)

hassan wrote:
in kisah of da real playa... happened just a few days ago to yours truly.. i was beleking the peg.. got 2 focus rs so i took it then this sales chicka walked up to me and ask " err abg nak yg kat tepi2 ada hijau tak? keta pun warna hijau gak" .. then i said " kalau ada boleyla.. then proceed to follow her to the counter.. after a moment of belek membelek in the drawer and cabinet.." err abang da takder la ada orang ambik... sori yer.. err abg bg no hp kalau ada lain kali saya call..yer"... see ni baru PLAYA.. the chick yang offer then the chick yg mintak number... now is that a big L i c on ur forehead guys..ahahahaha

Dia nak ngorat hang kot! Orang kaya saja yang beli Thunt ni.

hassan wrote:

Wahh Hassan ..really good new story. Tapi skrg story ko skrg takde hotrod - hotrod lagi tak syiok laa...hahahha RazzRazz

hassan wrote:

haha....dia nak u punya contact la..........the rest u tau la ... Razz

It's time for sharing hunting experience esp. for 7E promo starts today.

Passed by a 7E outlet, saw Time Machines, grabbed first BUT...price tag is at RM6.90. Checked with the staff, they said system not ready.
But, they were aware that promo at RM5.90.
Hmmm...system not ready ke atau they are not ready nie...hahaha.

Sometimes during gathering we hear stories about 7e hunting and this is what I heard...
More of bitchin' rather than telling story but it's funny.

This is what happens when TWO people goes for 7E hunting.
One is the driver, the other is the what? The grabber?

Story 1
Upon arriving the destination, the driver parks the car. The parther quickily went down to the 7E,
before the driver can even take the key out from the car, the partner ran out of the 7E with a $uper Thunt Baja Bug in the hand.
So, the question is who takes the thunt$?

Story 2
A few collectors went over to Giant after hearing news of HW restocked. When reaching the section of the Hot Wheels display,
they noticed new cases is being stacked up the aisle. The taller collector reaches out, takes down the box & opened it.
Before he can even glances through, another collector hand quickly reaches out and took the $uper Thunt from the box.
Who's $Thunt that belongs to?

You guys want to know who this person is? CoolCool

Conclusion, go alone next time.

Atomkinder wrote:
Sometimes during gathering we hear stories about 7e hunting and this is what I heard...

Story 1
Upon arriving the destination, the driver parks the car. The parther quickily went down to the 7E,
before the driver can even take the key out from the car, the partner ran out of the 7E with a $uper Thunt Baja Bug in the hand.

Story 2
A few collectors went over to Giant after hearing news of HW restocked. When reaching the section of the Hot Wheels display,
they noticed new cases is being stacked up the aisle. The taller collector reaches out, takes down the box & opened it.
Before he can even glances through, another collector hand quickly reaches out and took the $uper Thunt from the box.

Nice stories indeed.
For Story 1, ACTION is the "driver" shall go back and the "grabber" goes back on his own la Razz
Moral of the story, pls "lat ta li lat" or "1 2 SOM" ... sorry, joking...actually 2 or more members shall reach "certain mutual agreement" prior to go hunting together. Else, jadi musuh or gaduh coz of $uper, tak baik lah tu.
Else, agree with what Atom posted, just go HUNTING ALONE.

musclemania wrote:
Atomkinder wrote:

Story 1

Story 2

Nice stories indeed.
For Story 1, ACTION is the "driver" shall go back and the "grabber" goes back on his own la Razz
Moral of the story, pls "lat ta li lat" or "1 2 SOM" ... sorry, joking...actually 2 or more members shall reach "certain mutual agreement" prior to go hunting together. Else, jadi musuh or gaduh coz of $uper, tak baik lah tu.
Else, agree with what Atom posted, just go HUNTING ALONE.

The moral of the story... hauler tetap hauler.. Kalau yang terbaik...perasaan tamak tetap ada.

Bak pepatah Melayu, orang tamak selalu rugi, how true?
Rugi apa? Kekeke...
Tak tamak nanti, tak dapat nanti, nangis tu, kekeke

Not my story but fellow playa who went huntin while outstation..

After waitin' the lorry for many hours and finally the lorry came.. so he begin trailing the lorry.

Few outlets later turns out lorry driver had trouble locating other outlets (apparently he's new here and this area somewhere far away from Klang Valley), so in the end the lorry driver the one who trailed our playa until round finish.. thanks to his gps lol.

Atomkinder wrote:

Story 1

Story 2

ArrowArrowArrowArrowHELLO UCB cheerscheers

undercoverbrother wrote:
Not my story but fellow playa who went huntin while outstation..

After waitin' the lorry for many hours and finally the lorry came.. so he begin trailing the lorry.

Few outlets later turns out lorry driver had trouble locating other outlets (apparently he's new here and this area somewhere far away from Klang Valley), so in the end the lorry driver the one who trailed our playa until round finish.. thanks to his gps lol.

jz get a job with 7-11. shld be easier Razz

Atomkinder wrote:

Story 1

Story 2

Rolling Eyes i wan play "Lone Ranger" in the next coming 7-e promo!! Neutral

While visiting a JJ outlet yesterday, after taking out every single unit of new Vintage wave for the sake of taking picture, I arranged them back to the peg, then, I was interrupted by the staff.
The female staff said "Sudah lama bang kerja dekat JJ ya...susun style pun sudah biasa.". I nearly fainted and clarified, hahaha. She thought I am ex or current JJ staff. Anyhow, it is courtesy to arrange the cards on the peg after taking them out.

The same staff then told me that the restock took place on Sunday. She elaborated on the customer's look who came during the time she arranged the cards on peg (but the "who" is not important Rolling EyesRazz ). Then, the staff asked "Andakah anda semua bersaing untuk dapatkan kereta-kereta mainan ini?"
Wow...great question, I did answer her. The answer is yes and it also depends on individual preference too.

She further asked "Apa yang anda collect?" I showed her the Time Machines on my hand and she asked "What is that model?" I explained to her that is the car in Back to the Future movie, she just said "OOOOOOOOOOOO...". A potential collector soon, hahaha.

musclemania wrote:
Spoiler:

She should be referring to me lol, but i definitely wasn't the first. Saw her putting the price tag so requested to have a look, but reason she must be noticing me is because i was going through the cars longer than usual cause i know the numbers definitely dont add up. And she was like "ini memang baruuu... je sampai" hehe. I guess either someone else just catched it moments ago and made it quick or case memang no longer fresh by time she brought out, not big deal to me anyway. Somehow still got one reg Olds though but i didn't take it.

Had a chat with a friendly staff at JJ Queens Bay Mall. He told me that
1) an uncle always goes there hunting for green. Even the TH cars are arranged within the stack of cars inside the glass cabinet (please refer to Jaya Jusco Queens Bay Mall, Penang thread), he also could spot it.
2) some customers did call up to some of the staffs there to pay tips to keep GREEN but the staffs ignored them. The staff requested them to come to JJ more often.
GREAT job, thumbs up!
3) there is a customer, working as architect at KL always went to this outlet during meeting at Penang to shop for cars.
BRAVO to this collector for the passion!

Today went to Equine Jusco and met Matbear........

the end.

Cool story bro.....

Fadli85 wrote:
Today went to Equine Jusco and met Matbear........

the end.

Cool story bro.....

Just like that!...cool

musclemania wrote:
Had a chat with a friendly staff at JJ Queens Bay Mall. He told me that
1) an uncle always goes there hunting for green. Even the TH cars are arranged within the stack of cars inside the glass cabinet (please refer to Jaya Jusco Queens Bay Mall, Penang thread), he also could spot it.
2) some customers did call up to some of the staffs there to pay tips to keep GREEN but the staffs ignored them. The staff requested them to come to JJ more often.
GREAT job, thumbs up!
3) there is a customer, working as architect at KL always went to this outlet during meeting at Penang to shop for cars.
BRAVO to this collector for the passion!

Fabulous hunting story rolleyes

musclemania wrote:
GREAT job, thumbs up!

Hmmm.. another playa's encounter in this Queensbay JJ was totally different scenario.. so much that he decided to break open the stash and took away the greens after the jusco staff previously showed him off the regs and supers he kept but refused to let the playa buy any.

Really?

That's good because I went there last year one of the JJ staff asked if I'm looking for a thunt and asked me for rm50 - 60 for it.

I told him go fly a kite.

undercoverbrother wrote:

Hmmm.. another playa's encounter in this Queensbay JJ was totally different scenario.. so much that he decided to break open the stash and took away the greens after the jusco staff previously showed him off the regs and supers he kept but refused to let the playa buy any.

Atomkinder wrote:
Really?

That's good because I went there last year one of the JJ staff asked if I'm looking for a thunt and asked me for rm50 - 60 for it.

I told him go fly a kite.

If I encountered the same scenario, I will request the staff to bring out the Super/Reg for review.
Once those are on my hand, I will ask him, EITHER
seeing the Manager / Security with me
or
let me go to counter to pay in retail, without any extra charge.
Twisted Evil

Forgive but don't forget, hahaha.

Some are collecting TH, why not?
Again, individual preference. Wink
Same story will happen to either
- TH
- Arkham Asylum Batmobile
- '69 Mustang
or so on the list of favourite casting goes, where "those ppl" think those casting are valuable.

wildspirit wrote:
not collect just thunt me everything..now ..go figure!

I'm wondering if that was happened to every collector, then there will be no more cars on peg because the staff keeps everything What a Face

It took me ages just to find two cars: Evo X and S2000. Evo found in Canada, S2000 got from fellow collector.

jay8393 wrote:
It took me ages just to find two cars: Evo X and S2000. Evo found in Canada, S2000 got from fellow collector.

pheww mesti penat sweatsweat

almost all of my wishlist car i get from this forum.. thanx guys! u know who u are. Smile

just wana share my hunt story..

location- JJ maluri

date n time- a few days back n evening..

in the afternoon, while lepak with jackdy, i got a call from my soon to be wife to help her to fetch her grandma from HUKM as there was no one that can help her carrying her paralyzed grandma into the car..it was a very hot day n i rode my bike from damansara perdana to HUKM..after helping her i realized that i smelled like pee..her grandma peed when i carry her into the car n i was like "damn..now i have to go back ASAP". but i dun really mind though as my intention was to help her.. then suddenly my gf asked me to JJ to eat..."ooohhh crap!" i just followed her..when i arrived there, ngam we parked below the toy section n i asked her to let me try my luck there..n guess what..i got myself 2 reg th buick n 3 hw racing 69 mustang...i smiled n thinks.."maybe that was the reward when you be kind to people without hoping for any return". yes maybe i smelled like pee but hey..it was worth it... cheers

kukubeh wrote:
yeah th from jj maluri. clapclapclap

in fact, at first i didnt notice both th as the rack was messy n just got one 69 mustang hw racing only.. but then i asked the staff and she was the one who showed me the new box and help me to find it... Very Happy

whoa..wondered what u would've scored if grandma took a dump on you... RazzRazzRazz ... j.k...j.k... good deed begets good returns..congrats man.... clapclapclap