Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter1

About HW Cars

Some HW cars have tampos with silvery outlines against white background. The purple colour 2009 Custom VW Beetle is one example. If you look at 90

degrees to the tampo, you only see very faint outlines for the flames. To get the best/clearest look at the tampo you have to look

at it at a small angle (about 20 deg.). If you have not noticed this, try see it for yourself!

Is GT Racer a popular model?

What is interesting about the 2009 issue is the old and distinctive

Hot Wheels logo on the bonnet to remind us about the history,

those old HW cars bearing the original logo, things changed over

time, ....

I talk about it now bec. I saw one last night but I gave it a miss.

2009 GT Racer

I tot I have one, until I realize it's an error card..

Peter wrote:
Is GT Racer a popular model?

2009 GT Racer

this piece really dem hard to find in a single card, last year neet streeter wave i think...found it in 3 pack oni..but i passed, now regret...

GT Racer really nice, would love to have one single carded, not interested in the 3-pack...

interesting point there peter.
i decided to check out my gt racer after reading your posts...

just those little things we collectors take for granted... only to appreciate it once it's phased out

This is a heavy car. I don't think single card was available in M'sia, or it was in very very small quantities. The error card was commonly found and the 3-pack.

sinclair wrote:
This is a heavy car. I don't think single card was available in M'sia, or it was in very very small quantities. The error card was commonly found and the 3-pack.

It has a metal base and the car is quite long.

Did you notice a casting flaw on the black Datsun Bluebird? I noticed it happened to all the cars I came across, including the one I am keeping.

Below are pictures showing the flaw from hotwheels.wikia.com:

Normal

With flaw (an extra line)

didn't notice it . thats's interesting, normally we look on the colour,wheels and tempos error. need to check mine.

thanks for sharing Peter!

danielh wrote:
didn't notice it . thats's interesting, normally we look on the colour,wheels and tempos error. need to check mine.

thanks for sharing Peter!

Hard to find one with a good tampo is a fact. I saw one car with hair in the blister. Guess they should include something more meaningful as a bonus, definitely not hair!

Mitsubishi Double Shotz

2009 Mystery Car

2010 Track Star. Nicer if with FTE rims and same colour as the real car. It is on my list.

This concept car is interesting with two engines.

"Created to represent the ultimate Mitsubishi vehicle and the spirit of the brand's future, the sleek design of Gary Ragle's Mitsubishi Double Shotz celebrates the 4G63 engine and the Lancer Evolution.
Mitsubishi Double Shotz was selected as the overal winner at the first Hot Wheels Designer's Challenge.
"The design takes the concept of the Lancer Evolution to the next level and ties it in with the enjoyment and imagination of the Hot Wheels®️ brand," said Ragle.
Gary Ragle patterned the dual engines - one in front and one in back - after the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution." (Source:http://www.carbodydesign.com)

Real car

CKH...that isn't 1:1 scale...i believe it was 1/5 Smile check out the link in Peter's post above....

Regards the GT-Racer...cool haul on the error card Smile....also the pic from SouthTexasDiecast shows a glossy blue, while it's not that glossy in the 3-packs in-stores...which looks more dull dark blue. Still yet to get for my own...

2 questions to share your thinking:

Do you like to collect the 5-packs cars?

What is your opinion about the cars?

Nice tempo, nice cars, but there wont be a pack where you want all five of the cars.

hokuan wrote:
Nice tempo, nice cars, but there wont be a pack where you want all five of the cars.

yes there are. the mustang and corvette 5 packs! What a Face

Sales are slow. I saw 20% discount offer in Jaya Jusco until 16 May but still not making any difference. Tough for retailers as most of the cars cannot be sold. Guess this was one of the reasons our price shot up to Rm6.90. As I suggested earlier, Mattel should produce cars that can sell well, so retailers are willing to sell them cheaper and this benefits consumers.

Wonder the sales in other parts of the world, esp. USA. Is USA the largest market?

The price at JJ Permas Jaya no discount. There alsa a hotwheel race world booth and there also no discount. But there are plentyful of car can be choose from ratbomb wave at least 3 boxes but minus Thunt.

I like to collect HW cars but only if they are nice. At least a piece for all nice castings. Fair enough, right?

If you feel it is fair and you are happy, then by all means.

But not all will have the same feeling.

Are collectors addicted to HW cars? Just like drug addicts. What you say?

tell me about it. And then this on this forum we all put up our hauls and tempt each other! haha

Peter wrote:
Sales are slow. I saw 20% discount offer in Jaya Jusco until 16 May but still not making any difference. Tough for retailers as most of the cars cannot be sold. Guess this was one of the reasons our price shot up to Rm6.90. As I suggested earlier, Mattel should produce cars that can sell well, so retailers are willing to sell them cheaper and this benefits consumers.

Wonder the sales in other parts of the world, esp. USA. Is USA the largest market?

Which JJ? I went to JJ Maluri yesterday but no discount. Was eyeing on some of the HW & MBX 5 pack.

aphong2681 wrote:
Peter wrote:

Which JJ? I went to JJ Maluri yesterday but no discount. Was eyeing on some of the HW & MBX 5 pack.

UGPM

Peter wrote:

Totally agree, sometime you become restless when you don't get your fix......

Fadli85 wrote:
Peter wrote:

Totally agree, sometime you become restless when you don't get your fix......

Yeah, one can become obssessed. I wonder I can quit this hobby and sell off all my cars. One way may be to start a new hobby.

I like the Challenger with the K&N tampo but it is difficult to find one with a good tampo. Yet to grab one.

Nowaday, HW tempo is no so quality and accurate painted. mostly are out of position or blur.. Evil or Very Mad

I got my carded gt racer but panoz inside from artt. Loose gt racer from mushroom. So now whether to remain as it is or change panoz and put the gt racer into gt racer card.

The tampo is an important part of a casting, without it, it looks very plain. An artistic and meaningful tampo will tremendously enhance the beauty and collection value of the casting. The casting is not merely a car but also a piece of artwork. So a nice casting cannot go without a nice tampo. Never under-estimate the power of a nice and nicely placed tampo! I had rejected so many castings I wanted to buy bec. of the poor tampo.

Grabbed a regular TH Ratbomb at last after nearly to let go it. I do not like it. Anyway, do you know what it carries? I saw a broken engine, 4 bent pistons, exhaust pipes, ... Interesting details. Does it look like a rat? Why bomb? Is it loud?

To build the real car you need old 30's Ford version like '32.
Maybe as you can see from Pimp my Ride or Overhaulin sometime the old junkie are full with it i.e rats
or as not like bling hot rod all Rats Rod are intentionally to look rusted and unpolished to be more meaner looking - rusted like rat.
Where else can you find a car that look like junkie but with big muscle engine.
Many builder are very strong on what they stand either street rod, hot rod or rat rod. and everyone have their own community to proof.
Hotwheels are taking this famous trend to give us that something like Ratbomb,Midnight Otto or the greatest of the all....Boneshaker.

wildspirit wrote:
Maybe as you can see from Pimp my Ride or Overhaulin sometime the old junkie are full with it i.e rats
or as not like bling hot rod all Rats Rod are intentionally to look rusted and unpolished to be more meaner looking - rusted like rat.
Many builder are very strong on what they stand either street rod, hot rod or rat rod. and everyone have their own community to proof.
Hotwheels are taking this famous trend to give us that something like Ratbomb,Midnight Otto or the greatest of the all....Boneshaker.

thanks for the infos...nice infos to share with...

wildspirit wrote:

Hi Wildspirit,
Thanks for your interesting response. To me, the front part of Ratbomb does look like the head of a rat.
Your age is 87! You could be the oldest member here. May I ask when you started collecting Hot Wheels?

Peter wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

Hi Wildspirit,
Thanks for your interesting response. To me, the front part of Ratbomb does look like the head of a rat.
Your age is 87! You could be the oldest member here. May I ask when you started collecting Hot Wheels?

His face looks more like 27 years old.

I remembered someone mentioned FANGULA. I found the gold version and it is quite an interesting casting. I like the valve covers in pink, something really special! The two headlights found only on the right handside and tall injector stacks with a funny shape are other attractions. Also the fangs, of course, and one of them is particularly longer. Is it a "bat"? (Look at the two parts sticking out from both sides at the back, they are like a bat's wings folded or ???) The name also reminds me of DRACULA. It is COOOOOOOOOL!

About Scion Xb, did you notice a motor bike at the back seat? Nice casting and I hope to see a metal body one day.