Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter1

Treasure Hunt Cars

Some Treasure Hunt cars look very ordinary and should not be the case. One example is the 2009 TH '65 Mustang and there are many examples. Are the TH cars becoming less and less attractive to our eyes?

Plain looking.

Its a matter of taste. This convertible might be very attractive in USA, but its not here. We get more sun and they don't. But if you want to know the appeal of the convertible stang, you could always look at the movie Mr Bean : Ultimate disaster movie.

Peter wrote:
Are the TH cars becoming less and less attractive to our eyes? Hell no!
Are the TH carded cars becoming less and less seen to our eyes? Hell yes!

Peter wrote:
Are the TH cars becoming less and less attractive to our eyes?

Well, I think Mattel is making up for it this year.. Checkout most of the new TH tempo..

They got to cater for all tastes I guess.

Some cars are ordinary while some cars are fully decked-out.

Some of the 2010 Mystery Cars look very nice and nicer than the TH cars and are popular castings . In fact, even some basic cars look better. TH cars in general are not very nice looking and most of them cannot sell well (rubbish cars as I called them). Naturally, bec. Mattel knew very well you all will grab them no matter how ugly they are. Hehe...

Peter wrote:
Some of the 2010 Mystery Cars look very nice and nicer than the TH cars and are popular castings . In fact, even some basic cars look better. TH cars in general are not very nice looking and most of them cannot sell well (rubbish cars as I called them). Naturally, bec. Mattel knew very well you all will grab them no matter how ugly they are. Hehe...

futhermore, I think they have their own strategy... for example, this year TH Ratbomb. You can still see the olders models hanging on pegs.. Once it is out, people might look for those FE ones...

I wonder when will they came up with a TH Blimp.. ehhehee.. but where to put those rubbers wheels huh? hmmm....

mushr00m wrote:
futhermore, I think they have their own strategy... for example, this year TH Ratbomb. You can still see the olders models hanging on pegs.. Once it is out, people might look for those FE ones...

I wonder when will they came up with a TH Blimp.. ehhehee.. but where to put those rubbers wheels huh? hmmm....

Blimp does came out as Treasure Hunts before.

mushr00m wrote:
Rubbers?

the rubbers we can get it seperately...

I think it's the only TH w/o rubber for that era. Note that only just recently that Mattel decided to promote TH & TH$.

A regular TH is hard enough to find, what more to say a Super TH. Anyone knows how many Regular and Super in a 72 car box?

In one website, the price of a Regular TH car is quoted only double the ordinary one (popular or real) but a Super TH car is about 8 times more. If based on this pricing, here a regular TH car will cost around RM14 while a Super TH one around RM55. So, how much did you pay for your TH cars?

Try and ask for SKyline TH$uper, the price will very $hOCKing u. I saw in Amcorp mall once, carded.....and the price was like $$$$...walau........speedless lol!

yeah man... I also saw one TH$ Skyline in Amcorp last week... damn... very the expensive la the seller wants to sell...

Phoenix wrote:
Try and ask for SKyline TH$uper, the price will very $hOCKing u. I saw in Amcorp mall once, carded.....and the price was like $$$$...walau........speedless

How much?

Only 1xTH or 1xTH$ or no TH/TH$ at all per box. I'm more interested on how many TH/TH$ were produced for each year. I.e. How many TH Ratbomb & TH$ Ratbomb were produced.

Peter wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Try and ask for SKyline TH$uper, the price will very $hOCKing u. I saw in Amcorp mall once, carded.....and the price was like $$$$...walau........speedless

How much?

the price is 3 digit dot kosong kosng Mad

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice! How much are you willing to pay for it?

Peter wrote:
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice! How much are you willing to pay for it?

Saw in one website the price guide (US$) for the Skyline:

REgular - Loose $2.00 (2x ord. car price ($1.00)), Carded $4.00 (4x)

Super - Loose $8.00 (8x), Carded $16.00 (16x)

Based on the price guide, our price will be:

Regular - Loose RM13.60, Carded RM27.60

Super - Loose RM55.20, Carded RM110.40

What say you?

I saw 1 last weekend on the table at amcorp mall too. But it was only for pleasing yr eye only ~

Spoiler:

mushr00m wrote:
One of the loose TH$ Skyline I have..

Not that shinning. How much you paid for it?

Peter wrote:
mushr00m wrote:
One of the loose TH$ Skyline I have..

How much you paid for it?

Worth the price la... can mentioned price mah...

mushr00m, u get this TH$ Skyline from Amcrop mall ? i think i know the price Razz

but still consider expensive if compare other TH$

Phoenix wrote:
mushr00m, u get this TH$ Skyline from Amcrop mall ? i think i know the price Razz

nope.. This one is free.. ROAK by a fren which I found in his son's play basket..

mushr00m wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

nope.. This one is free.. ROAK by a fren which I found in his son's play basket..

Priceless Razz

as for this skyline TH$ it's a very high price even it's loose because of very limited casting on the market. here's mine skyline, also got it from amcorp mall after some quite long time of searching..

a problem with super thunts paint i heard the gloss will fade.....and peel off easily

Nissan Skyline GT R34 - 2010 not yet come out?

For those who had never scored a TH or TH$ before, do not believe that you do not have a chance to grab one. A couple of days ago, I just walked in a hypermarket and found a Super TH hanging there.

Stumble to this topic. Creator comments on TH is rather hurting me.
Yes someone will see something so stunning but to someone else is rather mediocre.
To Asian taste most American cars are ugly. Sure most Japanese cars is cheap trick but
only those been prepped up to lighter parts and bigger turbos can achieved what you can
call as 10 sec car ( DC5 or R32 case )or else is just ordinary 16-14 second car.
Most American car in stock V8 3.5 and higher just producing 13.5 - 15 second car but if prepped up
with dual carbs or bolted turbos ( for new produce engine ) most of this car happily cruising below 8.5 secs. See and hear for yourself how American car behave can give you another thought or simply total reverse. No other car in this world have that muscular attitude. For Japanese..never Japanese car can be called muscular look. Just beauty with cute attitude that need to go to anger management. So to sense your hobby to Hotwheels one most appreciate what actually Hotwheels car means. Ultimately total understanding is a must. For me after long into Hotwheels what I feel is Hotwheels is only lacking towards Euro car taste appreciation. If that do so by Hotwheels than Hotwheels is superbly perfect. Do mind to Originals cause most Originals is for small kids but not to Originals based from original car.

Peter wrote:
For those who had never scored a TH or TH$ before, do not believe that you do not have a chance to grab one. A couple of days ago, I just walked in a hypermarket and found a Super TH hanging there.

What i've been trying to tell every members all the while. Btw congrats! What Super was that?

wildspirit wrote:
Stumble to this topic. Creator comments on TH is rather hurting me.
Yes someone will see something so stunning but to someone else is rather mediocre.
To Asian taste most American cars are ugly. Sure most Japanese cars is cheap trick but
only those been prepped up to lighter parts and bigger turbos can achieved what you can
call as 10 sec car ( DC5 or R32 case )or else is just ordinary 16-14 second car.
Most American car in stock V8 3.5 and higher just producing 13.5 - 15 second car but if prepped up
with dual carbs or bolted turbos ( for new produce engine ) most of this car happily cruising below 8.5 secs. See and hear for yourself how American car behave can give you another thought or simply total reverse. No other car in this world have that muscular attitude. For Japanese..never Japanese car can be called muscular look. Just beauty with cute attitude that need to go to anger management. So to sense your hobby to Hotwheels one most appreciate what actually Hotwheels car means. Ultimately total understanding is a must. For me after long into Hotwheels what I feel is Hotwheels is only lacking towards Euro car taste appreciation. If that do so by Hotwheels than Hotwheels is superbly perfect. Do mind to Originals cause most Originals is for small kids but not to Originals based from original car.

Good info, thanks. any new beach bomb too

Guess u like green card than grim car Twisted Evil Every1 had been told, if got green card just take it regardless what car, even blimp confused

Phoenix wrote:
Guess u like green card than grim car Twisted Evil Every1 had been told, if got green card just take it regardless what car, even blimp confused

I do that