Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Who dose what?

I wonder how many on here are retired Very Happy , out of work Sad or using their computers in company time thumbs .
There is never a shortage of contributors during the "normal working day", and clearly some only start to sppear in the evenings. Just wondered.
Being a nosey old git Shocked

I work with old people who have dementia on nights
HUBBY HAS JUST GOT THE SACK WITH NO WARNING Sad

not telling ya nosey old get Laughing

technician for kia and ford,metal polisher by night and weekend,but want to do this full time when before I retire

I do 12 hour shifts so come on here all sorts of times but as most are on here evenings that's when I'm here the most. Very Happy

i work outdoors all day,im in horticulture so just use the comp in evenings when the kids go to bed.

@suzukijax wrote:
I work with old people who have dementia on nights

Wow, so in the daytime they're normal Very Happy

I'm self employed which these days largely equals unemployed. When I make late night/early morning posts it's usually when I'm sitting awake wondering how I'm going to pay for everything Sad

Im so good at my job that I can spend half of the day surfing the net on company time.. Laughing
No.. Actually, im just lazy Embarassed

Sat a work board not much to do as the contract is coming to it’s end on 21st March, so time to surf and pass comment, well I say surf this the place I work at is like Ned Flanders cable TV just about all blocked!

Job hunting and this site just about are ok bar the fact the internet go out to the US HQ first so as soon as the yanks are in the internet runs like dial-up!

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

I'm self-employed as a mobile bike mechanic!! just can't get enough of two wheels! thumbs

is that a good job to be in being mobile etc? I thought about it a while ago but you've got to guarantee the work which put me off.

@firehawk wrote:
I'm self-employed as a mobile bike mechanic!! just can't get enough of two wheels! thumbs

is that a good job to be in being mobile etc? I thought about it a while ago but you've got to guarantee the work which put me off.

I sort of do it as a half job/half hobby - I found that initially it was a bit slow, put lots of business cards in the local training centre and other bike related places, but as people used and were happy with my services, they put the word out with their friends etc and now I find myself with plenty to do.
I wouldn't say it's always easy but I do it for the love of it and when I lose the "love" I'll give it up!!
Admittedly I'm lucky in that I didn't have to put out much initial outlay and I wasn't totally dependant on having a good workload from day one so I've had an easy ride of it (excuse the pun! Laughing )

@firehawk wrote:

I sort of do it as a half job/half hobby - I found that initially it was a bit slow, put lots of business cards in the local training centre and other bike related places, but as people used and were happy with my services, they put the word out with their friends etc and now I find myself with plenty to do.
I wouldn't say it's always easy but I do it for the love of it and when I lose the "love" I'll give it up!!
Admittedly I'm lucky in that I didn't have to put out much initial outlay and I wasn't totally dependant on having a good workload from day one so I've had an easy ride of it (excuse the pun! Laughing )

sounds good. I'm an ex mechanic and I've always done all the work on my own bikes so had the knowledge. it was just the cost and getting the work I was worried about. Still something to think about in the future. I do want my own business at some point in my life. thumbs

I thought that I'd post this as I've noticed there appear to be lots of questions related and might be something which I can help with.

I'm a qualified Insurance Underwriter and I would be pleased to answer any questions or if I don't know the answer, I'd be pleased to find out or research the details for you.

I'm happy to comment on any general insurance although please note that I'm not qualified to give advice on life insurance or pensions. I would strongly recommended that you discuss those queries with a suitable financial advisor only.

Anything else, I'm here to help.

I'm a qualified Insurance Underwriter

That's as bad assaying you're a banker Very Happy (only kidding, handy advise to have)

ITCHY wrote:

That's as bad assaying you're a banker Very Happy (only kidding, handy advise to have)

I know, I was trying to hold back and even thought of trying to make it sound more glamorous but thought what the heck!

It's gonna be soooo funny when the accountant gets here though... Very Happy

hi I'm a motorbike instructor and love it!!!1 the only bad point is 7 days a week and in all weathers

@Manxbiker wrote:

I'm a qualified Insurance Underwriter and I would be pleased to answer any questions or if I don't know the answer, I'd be pleased to find out or research the details for you.

I'm happy to comment on any general insurance although please note that I'm not qualified to give advice on life insurance or pensions. I would strongly recommended that you discuss those queries with a suitable financial advisor only.

Anything else, I'm here to help.

I also work insurance, I work in the Chief Executives Office of a large insurance company, dealing with Car, Bike, Home, Travel insurances.

I am also at college studying Financial Advice and Mortgage Advice.... hopefully get me out of the insurance industry!

student at college. leaving in 10 weeks. trying to find an apprenticeship. and 18 in 3 weeks so should be working part time in a family friends arcade so bit of bike money thumbs

student at college. leaving in 10 weeks. trying to find an apprenticeship. and 18 in 3 weeks so should be working part time in a family friends arcade so bit of bike money thumbs
i was working in the real world at 18 2 years in to my appenticeship building houses on my own at 19 thumbs

i was working in the real world at 18 2 years in to my appenticeship building houses on my own at 19

Eeeee, you think you had it tough, i lived in shoe box int middle of the road Very Happy

ITCHY wrote:
i was working in the real world at 18 2 years in to my appenticeship building houses on my own at 19

Eeeee, you think you had it tough, i lived in shoe box int middle of the road Very Happy

Easy life then matey........we couldn't afford shoe boxes or roads back in't day Sad

@Manxbiker wrote:
ITCHY wrote:

I know, I was trying to hold back and even thought of trying to make it sound more glamorous but thought what the heck!

It's gonna be soooo funny when the accountant gets here though... Very Happy

And here we are thumbs. 15 years in Finance/ Payroll/ Accounts, 4 years in Contract Management then redundant. For the last three years working as a Quantity Surveyor (QS) and studying for the degree, at my age Shocked ! Makes me a very mature student Rolling Eyes . In age at least foflfofl

served my time as a colliery blacksmith then went into the real world with my own steel fabrication business then tax man bit me so now drive my own taxi thumbs

@Skelly wrote:
Train driver for DB Schenker based at Thornaby

As above, only for longer! smack

I think you'll find we have both worked for DBS at Thornaby for the same amount of time finger

@Skelly wrote:
@Skelly wrote:

I think you'll find we have both worked for DBS at Thornaby for the same amount of time finger

Ok you two after School near the bus stop FIGHT FIGHT fightingfightingfighting

foflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfofl

E.goldstein “They are watching you”Suspect

@Skelly wrote:
@Skelly wrote:

Ok you two after School near the bus stop FIGHT FIGHT fightingfightingfighting

foflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfofl

E.goldstein “They are watching you”Suspect

foflfoflfofl

bike mechanic , i work for jog tuning , we tune road and race bikes , powercommander and dyno jet main dealer , great job , also am pit crew for emmet o grady who is racing in the bsb super stock 600 class thumbs

Guest Guest

For civil servant with RAFP, then did a short stint civvy CID (spits), currently out of work but a freelance photographer - can turn my hand to anything, so don't care what job I do next, as long as I get paid. I have no life, so live in cyberland thumbs

Army for a number of years (12)
came out and did shotblasting /painting for about 4 yrs
then worked at volvo
then hyundai
now im a full time carer for the wife. 24/7,

Work for Smiths News, used to be WH Smith News (Newspaper wholesalers)this is my 25th year, also do a bit of coffin carring in my spare time and out that pays money .lol