Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Lets take the p**** out of hutch's top box ,lol

Dave are you out of your mind ? affraid its a monstrous abomination and travesty to all 2 wheeled vehicles........... which is what the motorcycle luggage police brigade will say. Very Happy
Or on the other hand just like mine it's not the best looking thing but will serve its purpose very well Smile

star trek comes to mind - no its fine, practicality has a place. I think it's ok really especially with a rider on the bike, funny enough after a while you just don't give them a thought in terms of the looks that is.

bit concerned about how 22 bikers have managed to get killed or seriously injured in Daves garage though

looks well mate bet stue wants one now Laughingthumbsthumbs

What makes you think we would take the p...
if its what you want then so be it thumbs

@lee wrote:

Creep trying to get extra bacon Laughing

bit concerned about how 22 bikers have managed to get killed or seriously injured in Daves garage though

They're just the ones whose relatives wouldn't pay the ransom Very Happy

@dick65 wrote:
looks well mate bet stue wants one now Laughingthumbsthumbs

Only if it has Rizla stickers on it thumbs

That'll do the Job Dave, and you won't lose the missus off the back when you do that juvenile wheelie thing Very Happy

I honestly thought you could not make a b kings rear end any uglier but Dave you have managed it , I take my cap of to ya .

hide

see stuee I told you I would tell him for you!

@Grumpyowl wrote:
@lee wrote:

egg & mushrooms LaughingLaughing

or maybe a pizza out of his top box hide

@jezza wrote:
I honestly thought you could not make a b kings rear end any uglier but Dave you have managed it , I take my cap of to ya .

hide

see stuee I told you I would tell him for you!
Thanks Jezza i thought you would foflfoflfofl

@Grumpyowl wrote:
@lee wrote:

agree Jim its made me throw up LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

i think it looks great,but ido wear rose coloured spectacles. Embarassed

@Iano wrote:
star trek comes to mind -

Haha, that's excactly what I thought! Very Happy

Im not gonna say nought cos I don't want short change on the bacon like Stue gonna get, Laughinghide

jokes a side, for touring/trips to town, you cant beat a top box!

@fr499y wrote:

Thats very true.

But..... foflaffraidfoflaffraidfofl

I get why folk use them i really do...but id never put myself into the position of needing one....i suppose ive never toured and ive always said that if i were to i'd hire a bike with a caravan attached LaughingLaughingLaughing just one more thing guys and gals take em off when not needed it really winds me up LaughingLaughing I once walked upto a fellow biker and asked if he'd ridden from France, germany, or even north Scotland....He replied no i live 10mins down the road...oh sorry i said politelly i just thought you must have been touring what with the 3 boxs and tank bag attatched.... LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing sorry just dont do em...

i'm guilty of that Stue - it's laziness I'm afraid. I turned up for an IAM training session recently and the 'tutor observer' said, you off to Peru then? Took me a moment to realise he was referring to all the ludgage.

The top box is so handy for workstuff as it stands a chance of remaining dry, the rest is mainly for breakdowns, all the tools needed to dismantle a few key components plus spare oil as mine uses a bit and would you believe a tyre pump as one of the tyres goes down slowly!

Oh yes a few waterproof clothes, spare gloves, maps and visor/mirror cleaning stuff.

@Iano wrote:
i'm guilty of that Stue - it's laziness I'm afraid. I turned up for an IAM training session recently and the 'tutor observer' said, you off to Peru then? Took me a moment to realise he was referring to all the ludgage.

The top box is so handy for workstuff as it stands a chance of remaining dry, the rest is mainly for breakdowns, all the tools needed to dismantle a few key components plus spare oil as mine uses a bit and would you believe a tyre pump as one of the tyres goes down slowly!
Of to Peru then LaughingLaughingLaughing im sorry that did tickle me LaughingLaughing i get ya thumbsthumbs

@flange wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

Thats very true.

But..... foflaffraidfoflaffraidfofl
foflfoflfoflfofl

They also make good crash protection in the even of a small drop while the misses gets on the back on a dodgy condition road Embarassed

@fr499y wrote:
Ive beaten many of top box up foflfoflfofl

@fr499y wrote:
They also make good crash protection in the even of a small drop while the misses gets on the back on a dodgy condition road Embarassed
Just blame that one on it being a KTM Matt we will forgive you LaughingLaughingthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@fr499y wrote:
Just blame that one on it being a KTM Matt we will forgive you LaughingLaughingthumbs

um yes its was a KTM, thats why i gently threw it on the floor before selling it Laughing

@fr499y wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

um yes its was a KTM, thats why i gently threw it on the floor before selling it Laughing
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
I get why folk use them i really do...but id never put myself into the position of needing one....i suppose ive never toured and ive always said that if i were to i'd hire a bike with a caravan attached LaughingLaughingLaughing just one more thing guys and gals take em off when not needed it really winds me up LaughingLaughing I once walked upto a fellow biker and asked if he'd ridden from France, germany, or even north Scotland....He replied no i live 10mins down the road...oh sorry i said politelly i just thought you must have been touring what with the 3 boxs and tank bag attatched.... LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing sorry just dont do em...

Why get wound up about what someone else wants to to their bike ? It really makes me laugh on how critical some people are about what others do to them. Its usually people that are not into or have not done the camping or weekend away thing that are the most critical and have not had the experience or benifit of using a top box or panniers. I'll be the first to say that they are fugley and if it wasn't for the ease of a 5 minute job of taking my rack off I'd leave it on because at the end of the day I'm facing the other way riding my bike that same way as I normally would with a great big grin on my chops not giving a flying rats ass what others thought. So let's chill out with a big glass of what ever Gaz is on when he posts them weird hippie YouTube videos Very Happypint

@Robbie wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Why get wound up about what someone else wants to to their bike ? It really makes me laugh on how critical some people are about what others do to them. Its usually people that are not into or have not done the camping or weekend away thing that are the most critical and have not had the experience or benifit of using a top box or panniers. I'll be the first to say that they are fugley and if it wasn't for the ease of a 5 minute job of taking my rack off I'd leave it on because at the end of the day I'm facing the other way riding my bike that same way as I normally would with a great big grin on my chops not giving a flying rats ass what others thought. So let's chill out with a big glass of what ever Gaz is on when he posts them weird hippie YouTube videos Very Happypint
Dave started this thread just to wind me up.... LaughingLaughing still ate them and always will imo LaughingLaughing

ive got one but it only gets put on when i need it ;its only one screw ;it gives the bike a wobble at 70 and worked its way loose last time i used it cos of all the 70 mph riding its fine at 90 when me flip screen starts to work thumbs

[quote="Davehutch"]

What I find ama zing is that Dave has maanged to get a top box that looks like the back of the bike ShockedShocked Only in Leicester thumbsLaughing

Someone got clever with crossing those supports around the exhausts. Very 'twee' thumbs

When you think there is a huge variation of motorbikes to suit all tastes, crusiers, commuters, tourers, racers, muscle and enduro so bikers aren't going to agree on everything as we all have preferences.

My friend has a CCM R40 600 single but I don't personally like the V look in profile, no doubt he finds my choices odd but heyho we all like the ride and really it doesn't make much odds what bike, what you do to it or too much what it looks like.

Having said that I felt a tad uncomfortable on an IAM ride out surrounded by newer and bigger machines some with top boxes most without but I kept up - thick skin needed in incidents of adverse observations I find.

my bikes are my transport as i dont drive so i need my racks Laughingthumbsthumbs

sorry to be different from all other replys Dave but i like it.

After all this blar , I'd better take mine off for the rideout Smile

If I was going on the ride I'd put mine ON just for Stu's pleasure LaughingLaughing

would you want stuee pleasuring your box.

If he wanted too I would freely let him touch my box affraid

you know he gets over excited when it comes to boxes.

We could have a 'trimmed and trendy topbox' competition on Daves rideout thumbs