Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solid snake

Why I can't get Treasure Hunts anymore

I hope this is the right place to post this. Based on the crisis (yeah... it's that critical) that we face lately in KK, Sabah, I have to post this up. You guys can post your areas situation.

Apparently, some collector are doing it the easy way by using insider everywhere in KK area. Yes! when I mean everywhere I mean it. Didn't realize that all places were infected until yesterday. I was at Pacific Ngui Kee when I found out they restock 4 boxes of new wave (Camaro and Qombee wave). The promoters (1 male and 1 female) were pasting the price tag on the cards.... then I saw a green stripe in one of the box... I ask the permission of the promoter since they'll peg all the cars after the price tagged them. But to my surprise the male promoter reluctant to let me check... He asked me "Kenapa? Mau cari yang hijau ka?". I was surprise he ask like that and as a collector of T-Hunts, I said "Yes". He then replied "Sudah reserved" and still won't let me check the box. I was like WTF! I never know PNK also got insider... and this male promoter is new guy. I never saw him before.... New guy try to act like a big shot... I was gonna go and complain him.

But it was my lucky day as the female promoter overheard our conversation. She asked the male promoter that the green have to give me. She said to him "Sham, bagi dia Sham. Nanti kena marah". The female promoter called him "Sham". With that said, the male promoter still reluctant to give me. He said "Sudah ada orang reserved". The female promoter insist "Tak boleh macam tu. Kena bagi customer". With a black face, the male promoter hand over the car to me. It was a regular T-hunt camaro. The male promoter seems very angry. Man, I was damn pissed off back there. If not for the kindness of the female promoter, I'll let hell break loose at that place. I called Sanlino asap on the spot to let him know what happened. He was furious!!! He rush to the spot. He'll report on his side of the story.

For company policies, all product should be peg. All promoter should know this. But the different scenario happened all around the area. All the green were "RESERVED" by those promoter cum insider. With this scene going on, there's no way we gonna get any green in a long time. So, I'll list out all the possible places that already had insiders.

TRU (1 Borneo) - the promoter told me that the manager will reserve all the green to one customer.
Toy City (1 Borneo) - the promoter themselves will take the green (wonder to whom they'll sell it to).
City Toys (Asia City) - never seen green here. the owner will reserve the green for someone.
KK Toys - the owner collect T-hunt. So, basically nothing there.
Parkson - I know the promoter there. He told me many ppl reserve the green. I know who are those guys.
PNK - the newest place that have insider.

With this things happened around. It's impossible to collect T-hunt lines. I don't have problem for those toy shop owner taking the greens themselve. But those retail store like PNK, Toy R Us and Parkson... those are the place that is against the company policy. This very unhealthy situation is going on....

Why am I ranting on this? Some of you might say... "Please lah! It's just a toy car". I know. But it is "insert the F word here"-ing unfair to those collectors like me who hunts normally. I waste my time and money going places to hunt. It is frustrating to know that my effort is useless. Collectors like me, san and my friend hunting almost everyday. We waste a lot of money and time for it and for what? It was the passion of hunting.... but with all these collectors that use dirty tactics by planting insider everywhere... there's no fun hunting anymore.

What about other stores u ask? There is Giant and 7-11. But these place never restock anymore.... That's why it's fitting for this title why I can't get treasure hunt anymore.

Sorry for the long read.

SanLino wrote:
bro cloudy.. i also feel you bro.. these few days really dissapointing for me.. i have not found a single TH by myself during the restock.. got 1 person play with insider everywhere in KK.. if that person is reading this you know who you are.. you have destroyed KK market for other collectors.. what goes around, come around.. me & other collectors will band together to get rid of your dirty tactics.. watch out..

re-post what i said in my hauls thread & post here..

Good. Another collector in KK come in and support. Cloudy is my friend that I mentioned above. He hunts almost everyday but get nothing green. It's that frustrating. He is a treasure hunt collector.

what solid snake is saying is based on truths & facts.. i was very angry at that male promoter that day & i almost wanna whack him on the spot.. i've been hunting everyday since before the restock but still useless.. waste my time, energy & money for something that is not even there..

should i reveal the name of that dirty tactics collector?

ya that's the greedy nature of some humans
even greedy to get a small thing

the name of the guy is ED*Y or ED**E.. whatever.. if you are here.. please reveal yourself & settle this..

SanLino wrote:
should i reveal the name of that dirty tactics collector?

yes you really should san

make them realise their greed

and other collector's feelings

all the frust,anger and dissapointment should be paid of

at least with this

Ya, I totally back up snake, I likely hunting everyday yet always got behind by someone else. This is ridiculous, aren't this a fair game... If there were insider in those stores, then we should took them out... do whatever we can for it... fight the right of HW collectors !!!

solid snake wrote:
no need name revealing san.... just we know it's ok already

opps! i already posted.. never mind.. censored some letters.. i think he know how to read his name anyways if he is here..

ok my side of the story yesterday,

after bro snake had called me about it.. i immediately went there to have a look together with my mom.. was checking out the pegs when this fat-sissy approach me.. so i said, "ada lagi stock lain?" & he said, "ada.. cari yg hijau ka?".. i said yes.. the he said, "tiada".. boom! caught a lie already cause i know snake nabbed a TH Camaro.. so i said, "jgn tipu! (in a very harsh tone)".. then immediately he told me got a chinese dude (snake) already took it.. so i demanded to see the cases.. all already raided & tagged as expected.. no other green.. 5 boxes only 1 green? very fishy if you asked me.. then i called snake to meet me at PNK.. when snake came already see his face shocked cause he didn't know i knew snake.. snake had to leave for work so i bought some cars (check my hauls thread dated 7th Apr) & left to go eat.. i went there again 2nd time after eating.. thought i could catch the damn scalper but i only met the nice promoter lady that snake talked bout.. so i asked her she said really got only 1 green.. next time no more pre-reservations for people.. i hope she will keep her word..

Look like you ppl in KK are facing terrible situation.
Like what is said at other thread, Mattel have to do some thing on it,just let the TH flooded in this market, sure can get rid off those damn fxxxing insider or scalper.

We can get rid of insider by making complain directly to the manager, they would most probably help out.
As for scalpers, how to define scalpers and how to stop them?

hokuan wrote:
We can get rid of insider by making complain directly to the manager, they would most probably help out.
As for scalpers, how to define scalpers and how to stop them?

Complai directly to manager might help provided they are not involved in the scam.. Evil or Very Mad

Again from my own point its hard to define scalper coz diff ppl will have diff view on scalpers...

Cheers!
Shakz

i think the point is here.. all the items including the green should be 1st come, 1st served.. pre-reservations is a big no-no.. it's up to the person whether he wants to take all the green but at least all of them are on the pegs!

It's not just scalper we are dealing with. If the scalpers can hit the store first and grab the hunt when it is on the peg. Then, I'm 100% fine with that.... That's his ability to spot on at the right place and the right time. The situation now is 10 times worst than that where those collector no need to go and hunt. Just wait at home for the insider to call them. Then, they can get T-hunt without any effort... is this fair to other collectors who hunt around much almost everyday?

Definitely unfair, that's why have to inform the Manager, warn or sack the staff that doing this..

not fair!!! get rid of them!!! Evil or Very Mad . i guess tis do happen in kl too. some of the 7-11 here got insider!!! i go visit some of the store nearby & i asked 1 of the store promoter abt got any HW restock, & he say 'looking 4 the green card? nop dun hav..' they knew wat we looking man!!!

hokuan wrote:
Definitely unfair, that's why have to inform the Manager, warn or sack the staff that doing this..

I totally backing up hokuan, must get those insider some punishment. javascript:emoticonp('Evil or Very Mad')

hmm...
after reading this...i wonder maybe here got same issues...
never found any green tho at my place...
but insider should really face their punishment...
its really unfair to those who put tremendous effort finding TH in the rain and under the sun everyday...
me myself is quite dissapointed with the market at my place too...
huhu guess this is the part in collecting where we must work to overcome...
Wink

This is hotwheels dirty politics. I can probably talk long and short about this, as you all can read in my blog about the incident in tesco semenyih. Hunting should be a fair game as you all have said and if the game has turned into insider reserving stock for someone then you have gotta up your game and be brave enough to confront. However some see this insider thingy as "don't hate the player but hate the game scenario" but I tend to disagree. I am very confrontational person by nature if I see there is a need for that. I think my garang face is known by a lot of promoters already plus the supervisors and some of the store detective, who by the way also can help out. Of course they will need you to make a formal complaint and proof or some kind of credibility before they believe you. Most times its catching the guy redhanded on the spot. Well I hope things work out well for you guys.

So if you can find the guy, you going to beat him up? I'm sure you won't just talk out of it. And one thing funny is, how can a sales guys willing to keep these TH cards for people they don't know? Don't you find it funny?

solid snake wrote:
Good. Another collector in KK come in and support. Cloudy is my friend that I mentioned above. He hunts almost everyday but get nothing green. It's that frustrating. He is a treasure hunt collector.
o

bro, we should unite and confront those ******, here in hwcm we have active members from kk, you,me,sanlino and cloudy, lets confront those places which got the so called "insider"

i know a forumer from here that only collect green card.. thunt.. talk loud, but only collect green.. sehhhh...

netmatrix wrote:
And one thing funny is, how can a sales guys willing to keep these TH cards for people they don't know? Don't you find it funny?

it's all about $$$.

cawan wrote:
i know a forumer from here that only collect green card.. thunt.. talk loud, but only collect green.. sehhhh...

hehehe i think i know who you're talking about bro..... hahahaha pirat

As I read through all that was posted, I honestly relate to what you're going through. In the 4 years I've been collecting I've found only 2 THs on the pegs and my sister only found 1. (I don't count the 6 megathrust TH I found 2 years ago because they had just pegged the cases and I was just waiting for them to leave the toy isle!! Beat the scalpers that time!! LOL)

I've been told numerous times by the members of my diecast club that if you don't have a contact in the store, you'll never get the TH. The scalpers get phone calls from their contacts to alert them when the next cases will be in the store and when it'll be pegged.

It's really disappointing never to be able find them! Yes, they're just toy cars but once in a while, it's fun to be able to find one. I'm always happy for someone who's been able to find some but in most area in Canada and the US, most places are hunted by scalpers.

Unless there's a major change in the packaging or in the people's perception of the TH, I don't think things will improve. I do feel they're overrated at times. To me, a true chase are those like the Greenlight's "greenies" or Johnny Lightning's "White Lightning". You never know which will be a chase because, like for the JL's "White", it's never the same part of the car that is white.

Oh crap, its the same around the world. Reminds me of how many people dissing this old guy on Youtube that has a big collection of cars being reserved for him.

people please .. this is getting to be a witch hunt. I understand the feeling of some fellow collectors who can only get thunts from your local retailer.(I used to be like that) For me I found that sometimes it's cheaper to get from ebay as you do not need to think of where to find and spent time searching.

Like a fellow forumer said ... buying off ebay has no fun. Yes I agreee on that. For me I also collect basic cars by the dozens(yes, it true.. check with some of the members) I will put in extra effort to sweep the shops and supermarket to look for the cars I want every new wave.

Sometimes I get a thunt but most of the times none coz of insiders at work. I hope that we don't go running around pointing fingers at some guys collection when all he did was collect the cars he like by buying off people or hunting super hard for them.

Nuff said and I hope the admin can close the topic. Just my feedback guys

no need to lock this topic, were just having a healthy discussion and letting our frustration off, must we lock a thread each time it is a sensitive issue to some of the forummers??? no need to lock laaaa, biarpun ndak dapat stop sclaper by posting on this thread at least we can make the scalpers (which i believe is lurking on this forum) realised that they are being watch by us, and we knew about their presence at places we (the real collectors) hunt.

It seems that in US it's a little bit different as the insider will hang in on peg first after they inform their contact. But here the insider keep the card in store without even displaying them.
So we have to inform the management, as the stock MUST be displayed on peg, and so we could stand a higher chance to get it if we're at the right place at the right time.
As far as I know, Giant and Tesco are not allowed to keep their stock, as mattel will send supply when their cars on peg are low, and they have to display them. So if you found any that doesn't do that, you could lodge a complain.

May I chime in a little here on this topic.....Smile

...couple years back I was in the same mindset as you guys, but still manage to find/buy the 'greenies' from the pegs. So far so good, but recent years there's been an influx of collectors, on top of that a lot of collectors suddenly promoted to 'sifu' LOL....wat gives? Razz hehehe...so i myself have to change my collecting/hunting habits, You Change/Adopt not others! So I really have to say this la....'Grow Up'! so what if can't find, not the end of collecting nor THs are not the last you'll see. There's sooooo many more nicer/cooler items out there. Yes yes yes....you'll say that's the most collectible item in this Brand, this la, that la...but at the end - just have to ask ourselves - what is this hobby to us?

...anyhow due to more collectors and limited hunting grounds at each state/province/country...you guys can figure it out. Now here's the thing - this problem/trouble that you guys are voicing/complaining/whining about has a root to its cause - that is the 'person/culprit' whom approaches the employees/staff. Firstly let me clear the guys names whom in fact 'honestly' is asking for more stocks/or do you have more - this is fine, as it's a common practise, leaving your mobile#, name etc...is still acceptable...but it's to the point when this 'person' starts to offer $$$$!!!!

You can't help but do nothing, except like some of you suggested - write a formal complain letter to the Management. And so what if the staff is fired, the next will come and be 'educated' by this 'person' again - it's like a cycle, never ends. NOW this is the GUY that everyone must keep a lookout affraid for! He's the person that ruined YOUR FUN, HUNTING, HOBBY, FUEL, TOLL, TIME, PATIENCE, EVERYTHING!

I agree with Rayz. Last time when i first started, i did not know about TH cars. I only collected 4 years ago. I just jumped in because of the Ford Thunderbird. Then i found LYF. Which spurned me to get more. Then it gets harder to find cars and you get frustrated. Then you see people putting up pictures of 5 or more similar cars that you want. Its such a put off. I nearly quitted because of that. Then i went back to when i first started and looked back why i wanted to collect.

Then i found out there are more people going into this hobby for money. Its easy, buy now RM5.90 hold few months sell back RM7-10. I believe if Mattel issued all the cars as mystery cars (hunts, basic, team, blah blah), the collectors registration here would fall back to only 20 people. Then things like this will never even crop up. I think making HW collecting like those "Tikam" cards i used to buy would be more fun.

Hmm.. agreed wif Rayz & netmatrix.. but to me, this issue not only affecting greenies but up to certain models as well.. for example, how hard is to find the red gto last year? and the datsun this year? insiders are the real threat that collectors need to acknowledge..

i wouldn't mind if the cards were put up on pegs first and having insider to call his guy later..

coz he/she (insider) had juz violate our consumer rights once he/she decides who should be getting it..

i think everyone juz wanting fair opportunity to hunt for what they one.. cheers!

For me, i just tell myself, they can't buy all of them. Yes that is true. But then i noticed since people are posting up places to get cars since LYF and HWC ...... its even worse! In this case, sharing is not caring anymore. I just posted one place. Only one early this year, and it will be the last. Its makes hoarders job so so much easier. Sorry i do not buy this sharing and caring business. It might work in some circumstances, but over here it doens't. Its fuel for fire. I would stop here and now because i'm in the verge of stopping to collect again. Mad Chait!!

Just keep this in mind, other than TH, there are still many other cars that Hot Wheels offer.
As for netmatrix, I understand your frustration, but do understand that there are many collectors in Klang Valley, so the competition will be there. And when we share about a location that restock, we're not encouraging hoarders, but we're helping each other. It's unavoidable that scalpers may get the info also, but most importantly our members are the first to get the info. I've seen a lot of members here benifits from this, so the sharing thing does work Smile

hokuan wrote:
It seems that in US it's a little bit different as the insider will hang in on peg first after they inform their contact. But here the insider keep the card in store without even displaying them.

I disagree with you. Where I am, the greens never make it to the pegs. And it's the same way in some places in the US.

Quote :
Just keep this in mind, other than TH, there are still many other cars that Hot Wheels offer.
As for netmatrix, I understand your frustration, but do understand that there are many collectors in Klang Valley, so the competition will be there. And when we share about a location that restock, we're not encouraging hoarders, but we're helping each other. It's unavoidable that scalpers may get the info also, but most importantly our members are the first to get the info. I've seen a lot of members here benifits from this, so the sharing thing does work Smile

I understand that. I could wait for cars to come in a few month time. Like my one and only yellow 288GTO found at CS KLCC. No red one in sight.

The problem is members are also hoarders. You can't filter them out. You can't phase them out. They are your friends, they are your enemies. If they are your friends, you close one eye. If they are your enemy, you post hate here. Easy right?

I could not get my ass off to the gatherings every week even though i live damn near. I could not live with friendly faces and lies at the back. I'm sorry i have to be judgemental to everyone here. I'm not mr goody2shoes too. But at least i'm honest to myself.

netmatrix wrote:
I could not live with friendly faces and lies at the back.

That's why politicians make a lotta money, its the same everywhere.

I respect you for being able to say that.

Hey Net, Everyone has a preference when it comes to playing a game. Collecting is like a game, to me anyways. Every game has its rules, in the case of hotwheels collecting, its first come first serve and you can buy ie hoard as many as you want and no one can stop you but the reverse can also happen to you. its a race to be first at a freshly stocked rack. Its very simple. Everyone have their own strategy that is why some do well and others don't. Those who do well ie get what they want which is usually what everybody wants have most times worked hard to get it. they have a good strategy, and sometimes lucky so they get what they want. My question is what is your strategy? What do you do to get what you want? Normally the strategy that is most effective is to be early, not late. Perhaps there are many people in your area so the cars go flying off the racks reall fast not just one or a few hoarders. Also there must be some sacrifices made, ie time, work, even family believe it or not. Its a game and should be treated as one. Its a game where you can only control yourself but you really cannot control others. If somebody hoards, thats his business, if he shares it that is also his or sells it for profit even, but I don't see why you cannot just ask him to spare you one. I guess you would rather find it on the racks yourself. I understand that. Did you know Kajang and semenyih has a lot of red 288gto still on the racks right now. If you want it you will have to come here to get it although its far away Smile (or I can get it for you). Sometimes people hoard in kajang/balakong/putrajaya as well and I have to go all the way to rawang or to subang or klang or PD or Seremban to get what I want and still there are cars I am unable to get...so there you go. By the way, the people who hoard in your area may not be in this forum, they could be anonymous and unknown to us. But honestly there is enough for everybody if you are willing to go further to find it and enlarge your area for hunting. Another thing, hotwheels collecting isn't exactly a team sport, that is why most people rather hunt alone. Now I realise there are "teams" out there who hunt together and hunt for each other but still they have to compete with every other individual or even other teams out there who are hunting for cars.

So far no matter what strategy you use we all hate inside jobs which is the issue here. Insiders spoil the game. Even if you worked hard but you have insiders, you get nothing, but from experiencing inside jobs and its effects first hand, they still can be beaten and they do not last forever at one place.

So please don't take this the wrong way what I have expressed here. I hope you can take it positively.

this time i didn't get a single TH from the racks during the recent restock despite hunting everyday.. sad sad~ Sad

the bad news is, in kk there were only several hunting ground left. giant stop restock for it, 7E too. those leftover hunting place was flooded by insider and scalper. good game for all the hw collectors in kk.

good one py. i always believe that if you hunt hard enough you'll get what you want.

Py, how hard am i trying? Cool Hmm.. i'm on the road all the time. So i have the pleasure of visiting 7E and many shopping complexes in the vicinity, daily! Sort of like a lesser coolman. Also every week i will go complex touring. Every week since i started 3 years ago! Almost all the bus that i took would know my face by now. And most of the time i come by a motherload of stuff that i haven't got and get them. cheers BUT!!! Even if other people hit that place before, they just go there and whack the same model and leave. I don't care for TH. If there was 10 pcs of them there and then and u come face 2 face with me, i'll let u have it. Just don't take all the cars from VW and ferraris.

They already mined the diamonds, so leave some gold and silver for us. But most of the time we get lead. So we have to turn lead into gold. In order for them to be so takes time. But not all lead can be turned to gold. Even then the good quality lead is taken up by these diamond miners. Figuratively speaking of course. tongue

I'm always at Kajang from time to time and from where i hang out, i'm so near to TESCO that i somehow didn't bother to go in. Strange huh? Somehow Hw gods didn't want me to find my mojo car! Coincidently im going there today! Lets see if its a 288GTO or a 250GTO shall we?

But whatever the case, i'm sure many over here likes HW cars. Its just that i hate how this hobby has become a means of anger rather than anger management.

So you do score, except its hard to find your mojo car....yah, you really cannot control other people's actions, so just have to be there before them. Obviously if you cannot find the car you want means they, could be 1 person or could be 10 people beat you to it. I will pm you the place where you can find the ferrari 288gto when you come to kajang. Hope you can find it.