Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eight

Photography: How take good photo of model cars...?

aphong2681 wrote:
@Mr.Rayz - i like ur whitebucket cum mini photobooth idea! keep the lid on and u can store all the stuff there s well:lol!:

LOL...That's the idea, kept and hidden away Smile

eight....dude...i guess you can use a pencil to do the marking, end of day the markings won't show on pic after touch up, unless you plan to take the shot from a higher angle.

...you know how sometimes we read Car magazines...try to observe the angles, select your fav and in future all photos taken will be like a magazine cover...or you can always create a template (i think i just may start a project on this Wink...anyone care to join in pls PM - tell you more details, hoping couple guys on here with good Camera hardware, illustrators and creative thinking)....

aiyo..just notice this thread..hmm i dunno how to explain..but i very agree with sinclair..get a tripod n use timer.

anyway my setting is like this only Embarassed

Spoiler:

lighting like DA said, edit lar..hehe

result :

Spoiler:

^ the morale of the story, you dun need expensive camera to take good pic. Smile

got this from another forum... titled How to make a cheap & easy photo booth - for the newbies

Interesting setup, Eight. Can you post a macro shot of with this setup. I'm puzzled why the car appear so clear through the transluscent white pail.

eight wrote:
got this from another forum... titled How to make a cheap & easy photo booth - for the newbies

Thanks for the photo bro! It's the method mentioned by bro Rayz-HWC.

GCW wrote:
Interesting setup, Eight. Can you post a macro shot of with this setup. I'm puzzled why the car appear so clear through the transluscent white pail.

Bro GCW, a hole was cut out on the side of the pail. You can refer to bro Rayz-HWC's post above.
He already detailed out the steps as well. Happy shooting the photos!

GCW wrote:

That's a hole you are looking through dude, hehe.

i dun have table lamp Sad
hehe

^ buy one la kurz.. huhu..
btw nice tips u all got here.. i'm really newbie in photographing n interested to start..
but firs, must buy new camera... RazzRazz

kukubeh wrote:
^ the morale of the story, you dun need expensive camera to take good pic. Smile

You don't need expensive camera to take good pic but yes, you need expensive camera to take really good pic. Not because of it expensiveness, but certain features that really needed to control your shot, that is why people talking dslr this dslr that.. will get more on this later.

[/quote]That's a hole you are looking through dude, hehe.[/quote]

Oh, that clears up everything. Haha

hehe.. as a starting point, i already buy an white pail just now, RazzRazzRazz
now had to find camera and tripod, huhu~~

^ if u put atas bangku pn bole je..xyah tripod..hehe

but need camera la, haha.. have everything but no camera, still cant take pictures, hehe~~

wah great info! didnt know already had a thread like this..why dont merge mine with this.And make it sticky,will be helpfull for others. cheers

Long time not visit this thread.Learn something from here

For this shot, it was taken with a DSLR Nikon D60..

I believe composition is the key element to taking a good photo before even trying to take a "nice" photo Very Happy

I believe love for that particular car is also a key element of a good photo, becos if u love that car, u will try ur best to show its beauty to the other forummers. I love you

Spam animaniac's favourite car:

i always and only using my hp camare with 8 MP to take all my HW pics! Seem ok to me! BUT of course.. DSLR is the BEST! Very Happy

Hahaha thnks Danny. Your furai pics making me drool and I strongly agree with your comment too Smile And eight, i personally think your photos are very good. In terms of composition and background setting. At least o know your bg setting is better than mine Razz

undercoverbrother wrote:
kukubeh wrote:

You don't need expensive camera to take good pic but yes, you need expensive camera to take really good pic. Not because of it expensiveness, but certain features that really needed to control your shot, that is why people talking dslr this dslr that.. will get more on this later.

It's all about the Lens.

I think this thread is to discuss techniques how to take the best photos and the other thread opened by animaniac92 is to show our best photos? Or should we merge both?

one more thing, make sure you clean up your diecast first, to avoid dust or dirt on your diecast.. they can make your diecast looks not so appealling to viewer..

That's very true. Normally you wouldn't notice it on the car but will be very evident when you look at the photo.