Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fadli85

How do you browse through the cars???

Okay, picture this, the pegs are full of brand new Hot Wheels, filled from front to back, very closely even up to the tip of the peg. So you want to browse through every pegs on the rack, and there's so many cars side by side, front to back, how do you browse through the cars without letting them fall to the ground?

This is my problem,

Occasionally, few cars fall down the pegs as the blister cards hooks very easy to get free. So, today I dropped few cars on the floor and the blister broken a bit, I felt a bit guilty as it was very nice card before.

How to prevent the cars from falling?

look frm side to side... look frm underneath... look from up if the peg is low or... goyang je semua.. hahaha

Yup, no other way.. just need to be extra careful not drop the cards. As you goes thru the pegs, you might wanna to rearrange those cards hanging by the tip to some where else i.e trying to spread it evenly around the pegs. Coz, when the pegs r full it a normal sign of new cards juz been added. While u may take out few cards already, there'll b more space to spread the cards around the pegs. Cheers Smile

I noticed some pegs are too big for the hook on the cards, hence it is easy for them to fall with a little nudge to the side.

sinclair wrote:
I noticed some pegs are too big for the hook on the cards, hence it is easy for them to fall with a little nudge to the side.

Yup, mostly at Carrefour..

1)take it out from the peg one by one
2)filter the HW that u intrested
3)put the rest of the hw after u finish

lol!

haha this topic also can make discussion Laughing

if from the pegs, i only see the label, so no need to goyang2 so much..haha
if from the box, take out layer by layer so the cards will not get messy..heh

I usually take one of those small carry baskets to put the stuff I want in...
When I'm looking through the pegs, I position the basket under the area I'm looking at...
If a car falls, it doesn't fall on the floor but in the basket.
I have yet to damage any cards like that because it doesn't fall that much.

As for me, I usually start with one row of cars at a time, from top left towards right and down to the bottom most right row of cars. Pick up what ever cars you want from the top left most row that'll leave room for the second row of undesired cars to occupy. So keep shifting cars from right to left and by the time you are almost half way thru, and if you have picked up enough wanted cars, the subsequent process will be much easier as there'll be sufficient space to move about. Besides that, to make the chore easier, we look at the no at the car peg particularly those at the back end, if none desired don't bother to rummage thru, you may bring the whole lot down, particularly if the size of your fist resembles that of a boxer. Besides that, remembering the car nos helps to a great extend as you may save half as much workload.

Wah, thanks for the suggestions guys, I think the store should add a safety net on each row of the pegs, so that it won't fall down to the floor, hahaha..!

Redkop, I do have big hands, very difficult, next time I'll use sticks, hahaha....
Mariejuliette, neat idea!
kurz, yeah, I think it's about time, happens to me all the time..
Sinclair, that is so true, me notice it too..!
zbrkjg, wah, one by one, it's going to take very long...
YU5H, goyang all then everything fall down, hahaha..!
aphong, yes, rearrage could help a bit.

Anyway, one more thing made difficult is browsing through DOOM Box, like Tesco and Carrefour, very cumbersome and BIG..

doombox one i also headache when i see.......to me
i will start wit the row with the less cars, then i will take the car from the next row and trasnfer them to the less one and repeat it till the last row ends up with the less car......hehe

For me is firstly, scan the top and bottom.and locate for green. If you see it, grab it tight and it will not fall trust me. And then take my own seet time to look at the reast whcih is no rush....sometimes like Tesco if the rack is low, get on all fours and scan through, well I managed to score right.....so don't laugh ah...Smile

u can hold the top hanger of the cards so that when u browse it doesn't fall..

thats what the numbers and colours on the card for just bring along the poster and start looking for the car u want by the number and series colour

and another tip look for the cars from the side and underneath of the rack

i look at the side of the cards where the name of the car is written..

bro Fadli85, hmm ..... big hands won't do the job eh, maybe get girlfriend, wife, son or daughter with smaller hands to help out. Lol Laughing

Ya, I guess if the rack is very full and wide, then the best way is to bring a trolley there and start taking off some cards and putting it into the trolley. Will give you more space to work through the rack.

if i have the time, i'll take down a row of cards first. then i'll move the other row of cards to the row i have just emptied and move on. if i don't have the time, sorry la it will be chaos! lol. of course i'll re-arrange back those cards that drop.

I want to share my experiece with you guys, a long time ago when I was much younger, me and my younger brother go to Hot WHeels rack at JJ and I start flipping the cards looking for the "Green", I browse and I browse but didn't find any, then my brother standing next to me start taking out the cards one by one until I couldn't believe my eyes, a Green came up, I was stunned, he wasn't into HW at the moment, apa lagi saya rampas lah, hahahahaha......!

pydrummer, wah, merangkak hunting, daring..!
San Lino, good idea...!
Rikmun & Raymond, done that, yup easier when the details is on the RHside of the card.
kukubeh, same with me, CHAOS...!

i also experienced this hunting...
due to excitement...tends to drop a few cards...
so shy especially at my hunting place... Embarassed
usually got one worker will always follow u where u go in the store...
since the store is small...

what i do is just hold the tip of the hanger so that the front (1st car on the peg) car dont fall... most of the time the ones that fall is the front ones... wish i have x-ray vision... things will be much easier Razz

cham2020 wrote:
i will start wit the row with the less cars, then i will take the car from the next row and trasnfer them to the less one and repeat it till the last row ends up with the less car......hehe

im using this method as well plus big trolley Smile

Hmm, interesting discussion. How about when the Hot Wheels are like this?

I assume all of us elder collectors already pretty skillful in doing this after many years of MESSING up the pegs!!! LOL...hahahahahaha

See the pic above of the thing you guys call 'DoomBox' is also known in other parts of the world as BOD = Bin Of Death!...bad for card collectors but never WALK away...always check! Wink

Now there's this scenario...you walk up to a Real MESSED up peg - what do you do? Walk away? Peg it back properly after you? Or make it worse then it was? LOL...terrible!! haha

kuih_tiow wrote:
cham2020 wrote:

huhu...our thinking are the same...that way will not mess up the racks Razz

elgee wrote:

Spoiler:

if like this....... do a charity work...

@Elgee- if like this , then then to the floor it goes.....Smile Perhaps bring a trolley and if anybody asks, say, I am getting all those....

Rayz-HWC wrote:

See the pic above of the thing you guys call 'DoomBox' is also known in other parts of the world as BOD = Bin Of Death!...bad for card collectors but never WALK away...always check! Wink

Now there's this scenario...you walk up to a Real MESSED up peg - what do you do? Walk away? Peg it back properly after you? Or make it worse then it was? LOL...terrible!! haha

Hrm..I tot doomboxes are those see small thru boxes installed by Tesco to prevent kids/adult from stealing by tearing the cards?

Normally if there's no ppl, then I'll take my sweet time to rearrange the BOD as I'm choosing the cars I want into my trolley. But if there were already ppl at the BOD goin thru the cars, then i'll juz do what they do.. either tidying up or messing it up Razz

Thnakfully, BOD are not that common here in KL....Saw it in C4 and Tesco, one or two places only....

method of unpegging the HW is different u hauling in 7E...
if u don't the satisfied with the HW on display, u always can say the magic word..." bang kat dalam stor ada stok lain tak"...
if u lucky enough.. the akak or abang will help u..
after finish selecting make sure to help them to peg back all the rest of HW...finally say thank you to them after paying.... Like a Star @ heaven

hehe i agree with zbrkjg...
but sometimes wont be so lucky tho...
especially 7E around my areas....
usually when there is a messed up pegs...
i will sometimes kemas2 it...
but if its too messy like popular here..
i leave it the way it is....
muahaha

elgee wrote:

at here..most of the majo shops that sells hw using this method...
so , i will bring big trolley and susun nice2 inside trolley but put aside wut i like..
oso will borrow their stool in case im alone...so take my time Twisted Evil

cham2020 wrote:
kuih_tiow wrote:
cham2020 wrote:

huhu...our thinking are the same...that way will not mess up the racks Razz

or bring our brother to help us korek2 altho they all not interested Twisted Evil

seen BOD few time... left it with out checking few time... just check the ones on top and just see from the holes in the sides... hehehe

seems like the BOD is making collectors less interested to dig in...
i experiencing that too...
No

But it's heaven on earth for someone like me who doesn't collect cardboard!
The more beaten the card the better it is!
The scalpers won't get them because they're damaged.
But me, woohoo!!!

Totally agree Marie....I mean and these bad carded ones can be bought at clearance price too!! Cheap x2 Very Happy...

aphong....then I must've mistaken lor. Tot you guys discussing about the BOD that elgee showed pics of....now that you mentioned those crappy plastic box for individual cars - then I remember!!! LOL...so now we got x2 new terms Very Happy

BOD = Bin Of Death (image by elgee)
DoomBox = those plastic containers used by C4 & Tesco! HATE these things!!! grrrr

I still can tolerate wif BOD. But those doomboxes.. really hate them..
make us diff. to search for cars, spoil the cards..then when paying, the cashier sometime dun hav the opener, so took some time to force it open Evil or Very Mad

wow...
marie got quite a good point...
u shud take the doombox home with u if they dont have the opener aphong hehe jk jk
Wink