Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fadli85

I want my room to be like this..................!

Found these pictures on the net years ago, thought I might share it with you guys....

Massive display of collection in your bedroom, covering almost every walls, will do the trick only if you're very seasoned, passionate collectors, who assured themselves the cars will never disappoint them. They appreciate it (it can be the casting, sentimental value purpose, or pride of your huntings) and take very long time til they finally get bored of it, or not at all. Of course this is an awesome way of sharing your pride with everyone. However..

..I guess most of us here need to do soul searching and tell ourselves are we ready to have such kind of display not simply because someone else doing it. Why i say this, because i've seen it.. day by day, collectors even the heavyweights come and go. Today you could be hyper, very very active hauling and endless postings on forum, and the next day they're gone, just like that. And i can tell when these guys are having their second thought, they'll be staring at their colletions whole night, and it won't help when they're all over you, these walls will tell them straight "Yeah man what have you become!". So your massive carded cars put on every walls plan could actually backfire, especially when hotwheels isn't really your main thing at first place. I even seen oversea boardie painted 'treasure hunts' wall mural as backdrop, but end up clearing his entire hunts collections soon after.

So undercover's saying you guys shouldn't display your collection at all? Hehe, don't mean that. But instead i can give some ideas what can ya guys do to make sure they remain there for long time. Firstly, it's the soul searching thing as i said earlier.. then now that you're ready, tell yourself "screw it i'm the real playa these MUST be all over my bedroom", the next step is to be as creative as possible! Not just displaying all for the sake of displaying, but plan it out as in you're Eric Leong.. how to make sure these gonna be cool as hell and you will never get bored or frustrated.

i) What exactly gonna be up in your wall of fame.. and will it be necessary to have wall entirely covered, or maybe going for something more balanced so that it blends with other stuff in the room.

ii) arrangement style.. throwing in sum principles of design to make sure your hotwheels display's piece of art rather than a warehouse (you will be uncomfortable then refuse to sleep in the same room).

iii) organizing your display.. surely you will group the cars according to own theme but will you find way to make each theme really stands out.

iv) display method.. keepin it ol' skool just stick one by one on the wall or tryin' something interesting at same time protecting each cars, like stacking 'em using eight's foldabox and had it placed on ikea's Ribba ledge, or maybe a sick custom display everything made out of scratch.

hey... how did my room photo end up in here... ehhehehe just joking
cool collections... thanks for sharing it with us mr. fadli...

i like the thoughts by Mr UCB~
its nice too display it on the wall as per pictures...
but as for me...i prefer em on the display rack a bit
and others in boxes...
if display like this...huyoo pening when my lil cousins come...
habess habess
hehe
sweat

if my room was like this........huhu....my wife will throw
me out to sleep on the street......

well, our friend UCB has gave me a second thought and i has to agree with him. lol!
anyway thanks for sharing!!!

tak berhabuk ke?for me,i prefer to display my collection on the glass display cabinet nod

Well undercoverbrother, what u said is true. But i dunno about others, but my collecting has something to do with my fascination of cars. I could match HW cars to my books and magazines all day long. hehehe.

I don't know how the collectors hang those car... nail at the wall or tag them using glue tag?.. i was using glue tag for tagging some of my collection with hard cover or packaging like Maisto or Jada...

Those Tag is useless in ari-cond room.. it will shrink and cause those car falling.. end up my wife nagging on those, she will be happy to tear those car down and keep above the cupboard...

times goes by, u will be very bored on those car stick on the wall till it feel like those is just a poster display more than a collection display...

this is the other collector room... massive collection i can said

u will be crazy for cleaning those dust EVERY WEEK!!

By the way, keeping those card in box have it fun also... few months or years goes by, open the box and rewind ur memory of buying.. quite fun also, and u will realize some funny thinking.. WTH i buy these cars... RazzRazz , it will make u grow also... RazzRazz

@wow bro..nice display method too ah!! Think can help u out. If ur wife keep nagging and those hw alraedy overload...pls come to me! I help u keep it and who know ..maybe few years later..u can come to me and realize some more funny thinking also!! brows !

nice one DA, sure, it would be hell to clean those cars from dust..
still, for me, a close cabinet is enough..

chee keng hong wrote:
@wow bro..nice display method too ah!! Think can help u out. If ur wife keep nagging and those hw alraedy overload...pls come to me! I help u keep it and who know ..maybe few years later..u can come to me and realize some more funny thinking also!! brows !

this is why i wont let u come my house ..haha

ADVedder wrote:
nice one DA, sure, it would be hell to clean those cars from dust..
still, for me, a close cabinet is enough..

ya, close cabinet will be enought... but if u loose them too much.. headache also....
Evil or Very Mad

enyomic wrote:
DA ...how u sleep ....i really scratch head now....

the picture below is not mine.. nah.. these is my bed.. Embarassed

wow.. amazing hotwheels wallpapers .. wonder do there really manufacture hotwheels wallpaper for house deco, must a good product to sell to die-hard fans Very Happy

walao wehhh~ beh tahan........so many car.

haha
if big kids like u said there sure pening haha...
but i think kids will think its heaven of toys~
hehe
Wink

I seen those pics before and I'm sure I know the collector but I can't remember who it is. And I think it's his home office or something.
But it's pretty impressive. I wish my husband would let me have a room like that.