Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inglee

inglee's Garage (updated 10/09/2013)

I mostly hunt for HW cars when I'm overseas during work travel. They are mostly from Japan, Europe, USA and Australia.

Please leave your comments and advice as I'm still new to collecting.
I fancy Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, modern supercars and classic sports cars.

*Updated with some 2011 cars*

wow, there is really really big garage u got there.. mostly from japan.. are u live in japan last time??
love that purple ford gt40..

i would like to speak on behalf of the moderators.
we are not going to spend HOURS editing forumers' posts that contain pictures that are not allowed, spam, vulgarities as well as misplaced posts.
this is not a paid job. we are doing this purely for the passion for Hot Wheels.
Next time please understand the category you are posting in before you decide what you will post.
its so much easier for us to just press the delete button.

we do however have some leniency towards matchbox. some forumers put their matchbox pics in spoilers. while some photos that contain a few matchbox cars are allowed. as long as the focus is hot wheels.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvinience

The most recent ones are at the top. It's interesting to note that Hotwheels are generally cheaper in the US than in the country it was manufactured in; Malaysia! I found prices as low as USD$1 but usually I see them at USD$1.50 or some USD$1.99. The most expensive off-the-shelf I found are in Japan, 300YEN each (which is about RM12). I have seen hobby shops selling rare and limited ones for 600YEN and above.

cimg4729.jpg
This chrome lime green GT40 has very good paint.

cimg4728.jpg
I notice the newer Japanese cards are mostly short ones.

cimg4727.jpg

cimg4726.jpg
So far I've seen the Lotus Evora in Silver and now Blue. Any other colours out there?

cimg4725.jpg

cimg4724.jpg
My Ford GT40 and GTX1 collection.

cimg4723.jpg

cimg4722.jpg

cimg4721.jpg
The cars in this photo all from The Store, Batu Pahat. Still some FATBAX series there but the cards aren't in the best condition.

cimg4720.jpg

cimg4719.jpg
The TORPEDO is an error car. It should have the wheels facing the bottom.

cimg4718.jpg

cimg4610.jpg

cimg4511.jpg

cimg4325.jpg
I bought 2 AE86s from Japan, each on separate occasions, but only realise later that the cards are different.

cimg4324.jpg

cimg4323.jpg
I like to collect concept cars. They are usually forgotten by the masses if they never get built by the manufacturer so some will only reach us through Hotwheels.

cimg4322.jpg

cimg4321.jpg

cimg4320.jpg
I couldn't resist paying 600YEN for this blue 340R. Now I'm glad I did because it seems to be pretty rare.

cimg4319.jpg

p/s: Sorry if the photos aren't so great, my camera is pretty old. I spend too much $$ on Hotwheels!

demonicle wrote:
i would like to speak on behalf of the moderators.
we are not going to spend HOURS editing forumers' posts that contain pictures that are not allowed, spam, vulgarities as well as misplaced posts.
this is not a paid job. we are doing this purely for the passion for Hot Wheels.
Next time please understand the category you are posting in before you decide what you will post.
its so much easier for us to just press the delete button.

we do however have some leniency towards matchbox. some forumers put their matchbox pics in spoilers. while some photos that contain a few matchbox cars are allowed. as long as the focus is hot wheels.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvinience

:Adminpower: ....follow the rules!!!. But Mr. Admin did nail it right!!

chee keng hong wrote:
Huh?? Belum sempat tengok dah deleted?? sad

Ok i changed the photos already. Apologies to the Admin and the rest as I'm more of a reader usually, still new to posting stuff on the internet. I usually only buy 1 model for keepsake but it seems it's very common to buy multiple cars? Is it mostly to swap or as backup in case some get stolen??

jhc7598 wrote:
wow, there is really really big garage u got there.. mostly from japan.. are u live in japan last time??
love that purple ford gt40..

Hi, no I had the chance to go to Japan for a few times so I try to buy as much as I can, but the prices are double the prices in M'sia. So I had to pick my very favourites.

And no, not letting all these go!! I hope to keep most of it for my children next time! But I've been thinking of narrowing down my collection and future buys. So if I have the chance to attend a swap meet I will bring some to swap away.

inglee wrote:
chee keng hong wrote:
Huh?? Belum sempat tengok dah deleted?? sad

Ok i changed the photos already. Apologies to the Admin and the rest as I'm more of a reader usually, still new to posting stuff on the internet. I usually only buy 1 model for keepsake but it seems it's very common to buy multiple cars? Is it mostly to swap or as backup in case some get stolen??

hi. n welcome to the club.
the HWCM members generally buy more of a certain model in particular to share with their fellow collectors. a common practice here is to buy 2 or three of the same cars and sell them at retail price during gathering to members who cud not get those models.
but be vary of people who buy to sell n make a profit. u cant stop them and what they r doing is not wrong at all. in fact sometimes they have some models that you will be craving for. so in a way they help us too.
other than that, remember 1 thing 'SHARING IS CARING'

Bro u have many nice car there. thumbsup

demonicle wrote:

hi. n welcome to the club.
the HWCM members generally buy more of a certain model in particular to share with their fellow collectors. a common practice here is to buy 2 or three of the same cars and sell them at retail price during gathering to members who cud not get those models.
but be vary of people who buy to sell n make a profit. u cant stop them and what they r doing is not wrong at all. in fact sometimes they have some models that you will be craving for. so in a way they help us too.
other than that, remember 1 thing 'SHARING IS CARING'

love when mr admin remind us about this, and really agree with him.. nod

Sorry I'm still new here so I don't know who elgee is. I end up with more than 1 of the same cars because I forgot I had that car already and inadvertently buy another one. Old man bad memory la.

Now I take photos of what I have and bring my digital camera along when I go shopping to check.

Honestly I prefer short cards cos they don't bend so much and are easier to keep.The Japanese like to keep everything compact and neat!

inglee wrote:
Sorry I'm still new here so I don't know who elgee is. I end up with more than 1 of the same cars because I forgot I had that car already and inadvertently buy another one. Old man bad memory la.

Now I take photos of what I have and bring my digital camera along when I go shopping to check.

Honestly I prefer short cards cos they don't bend so much and are easier to keep.The Japanese like to keep everything compact and neat!

That the way of "samurai" bro! Fast...and neat!!!..as their "blade"!!!

inglee, welcome to the club, do post more of ur garage collection..

glad to hear that we have another collector from JB !! clapclapclap

very nice collection of haul ...i'll like .... Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

welcome to the heavens of malaysia hotwheels mr inglee~
so nice to see ur collections~
got nice jap's carded cars too~
keep em coming hehe
Wink

welcome to the club dude! u got a pretty neat collection there. keep it up! thumbsup

nice collection you have there. just curious how much does the HW selling in japan?

Yeah, im some forums the Jap cars are sold for RM15-25. Higher if the car is japanese cars. Best place to get cars seems to be in USA in some sleepy town. hehehe.

demonicle wrote:
? aih.. b4 this only eight called me mr admin...
now berjangkit to everyone...

hello mr. admin... its sound ok what... or u prefer mr. demon... Razz

anyway awesome collection there inglee... please share more of your collections...

buying multiples is normally like this:- 1st for the personal collection, 2nd is to open, 3rd is to keep just in case 1st & 2nd hilang... 4th is for trade, 5th is to custom... 6th is you forgot how many u have at home... 7th and above is... no comment... Razz

welcome to the club ingleee ... nice collection u got there ........

eight wrote:

hello mr. admin... its sound ok what... or u prefer mr. demon... Razz

anyway awesome collection there inglee... please share more of your collections...

buying multiples is normally like this:- 1st for the personal collection, 2nd is to open, 3rd is to keep just in case 1st & 2nd hilang... 4th is for trade, 5th is to custom... 6th is you forgot how many u have at home... 7th and above is... no comment... Razz

LoL.. ya lor, mr admin sound nice what.. huhu..

if buy 7th and above, that is to scalp , RazzRazz

@kuku - I think he mentioned that japan hotwheels is double the price of malaysia.

Nice cars inglee

Thanks guys, I'm buying more and more cars recently but trying to keep it to what i really like.

In Japan the standard price is 300YEN each, but at hobby shops certain rare and vintage ones cost alot more, sometimes 600YEN or 1000YEN and above.

I am going to start collecting rarer Hotwheels series such as the FATBAX and "tooned" cars cos I think they're more interesting. Anyone else has FATBAX cars? How many are there in the series??

FATBAX??? Pls refer to our members..Dreamer Adrian thread in Hotwheels garage! He gots a lot of that kind of stuff! and nice too!

inglee wrote:
Thanks guys, I'm buying more and more cars recently but trying to keep it to what i really like.

In Japan the standard price is 300YEN each, but at hobby shops certain rare and vintage ones cost alot more, sometimes 600YEN or 1000YEN and above.

I am going to start collecting rarer Hotwheels series such as the FATBAX and "tooned" cars cos I think they're more interesting. Anyone else has FATBAX cars? How many are there in the series??

thanks for the info bro. 300yen is about RM11.00..... =.="

@kuku
if u live in japan that's cheap..
u part time also one day get 10000en.
so one card 300en no prob brows

@inglee
nice stuff man, seems like ur work requires a lot of traveling,
perfect for hotwheels collecting! thumbsup

More of my garage. From hotwheels.wikipedia there are many designs for the Deora II. This copper one is the second one I have.

cimg4810.jpg

Concept Dodge Tomahawk. It was almost built, I read about this bike in a science magazine. Also another fire truck for my collection!!  cimg4730.jpg

Finally found a THUNT!!! It was lying underneath a pile of cars and I was rummaging around.. I like Mercs so this is a keeper.

And also found another 60's Batman, this one has different wheels than my previous one.

cimg4919.jpg

wow..thunts merc really nice , im waiting that too to hit our shore...nice batman FTE..congrats bro..