Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dawtreecookie

In memory of Michael Johns

I think the entire fandom is in shock. Nice to see you again. been a long time. This day is so weird.

I kinda wanted to be around old friends here as well, with such devastating news! Been thinking a lot about the bromance and friendship between Michael and David during their AI season and tour. I'm feeling so sad, my thoughts & prayers are with Michael's wife, family, friends and fans...and of course his beloved dog Puddy. Gone too soon...such a loss!~Wendy

Guest Guest
So, so sorry about this terrible news! Such a great guy and good friend of David, during and after the competition. It's a great loss. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Guest Guest
The Hollywood Reporter

"Michael Johns, a finalist on American Idol season seven, died on Aug. 1, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed via multiple sources. The cause of death is believed to be a blood clot in his ankle.

The singer competed on the Fox music show in 2008 and came in eighth place. He followed with a full-length album, 2009's Hold Back My Heart, that included single "Heart on My Sleeve."

More at the Hollywood Reporter

Guest Guest
So sad..... such a terrible loss. Another gone way too soon!

Thoughts and prayers go out to friends, family and fans of MJ.

Hope he's hanging with Jim Morrison right now. I don't know why I said that. Very Sad

I broke youtube a few years ago re-playing this video. He's so lovely.... This song was re-recorded as "So Alive" by his band The Rising.

Don't know why I'm posting it but there you go Very Sad

I came here for the same reason Dawtree...Good to see you again Very Sad I have been thinking of the guys and all you ladies lately, so it's very weird that this happened.
Rocked out to "cradle" tonight. Just so very sad and so very sobering. I think a lot of us loved him almost as much as David and it's just very hard to swallow.

Ok I meant a smiley after telling you it is good to see you. Smileys must know my mood.

David's statement to The Hollywood Reporter:

Mike was one of the first people I bonded with when I got to Hollywood week, and I can honestly say that the depth and pressure associated with the first few weeks of the Idol experience would've eaten me alive, had it not been for Mike. He had a way of making this gigantic, life-altering event seem small and manageable. To say I'm shocked and saddened is a gross understatement. I'm completely gutted for his family, including his wife, Stacey. I hope they can find at least some small amount of solace in the fact that he made mine and many others' lives so much better by having known him." — David Cook, American Idol season seven winner

if we're all this sad over Michael Johns's Death imagine how it will be if it's ever David. It's so sad Why does god take so many individuals who are so talented away from the world far too soon only 35 such a shame Michael Johns was still so young and had so much left to live for he will be missed for sure. Considering how close he and David were in their season of Idol David must be devestated at this

Guest Guest

It's very nice to see you all coming back to find solace in each other as we are so deeply sad about Michael's passing. don't be strangers and come visit once in a while Smile

Guest Guest

Such sad news, and so hard to believe.

Cherish every moment you have with those you love, because you just never know.

My thoughts and prayers are with Micheal's wife, family, and friends, and with all of his fans.

Mavid will live on in our hearts and memories forever. Such fun that summer was, waiting to see what those guys were up to next. Here is a link to Kristen's Mavid compilation video. MAVID!

image12.jpg

Saddest

Looks like many of us had the same idea, coming back "home".

So sad and shocked about Michael's passing.

Vsteph, he loved Queen so much. He's probably hanging out with Freddie Mercury.  Wink 

I remember meeting Michael in the line after the American Idol show. He was so genuine and funny. He signed Stacy's boob. I am so sad that he is gone. I can only imagine the shock and grief of those he was close to. RIP Michael Johns.

Hugs to everyone. I'm glad we all have this place to always call home.

Guest Guest
*hugs* to everyone. Such a sad day. RIP MJ.

Guest Guest

It is such sad news. I'll always remember seeing him in KC running around by the barricades looking for fan "Molly" who is Anat here at the home. He knew she had traveled far & was a big supporter of his so he had M&G passes for her Smile

Thanks Jeannie for posting Kristen's Mavid video here- lots of fun memories & so glad to have shared them with all of you here over the years

Group Hug1

Guest Guest
My thoughts go out to all of Michael's family and friends. MJ is the reason I found David and all of the great friends I have made here. I watched that season of AI because of him. I saw his audition and was hooked. What a sad loss for the people in his life, and for the music community.

I loved Micheal Johns almost as much as I love David and I wish I could have seen him but I didn't have money or anything to go but any of you who did are lucky

So sad that it takes tragic news like this to bring people back together, but it's nice to see old-timers back on here again (including myself). Tomorrow actually marks 6 years since my Idol concert and my friend and I met MJ after the show and thought he was one of the awesomest people ever. Every so often we would still text each other and be like "Remember when we met Michael Johns and it was amazing?" Sorry to say I haven't followed him really since the Idol tour but I can't believe he's gone. The world lost a great performer and a great man. Long live Mavid. <33

RIP Michael Johns

you're Lucky Lori I wanted to go to the Idol your that year but I had no money nor means to get to the closest venue or anyone to go with unless I went with my mom or something so I never got to see Michael Johns it really is a shame that he had to die so soon. I loved him almost as much as I love David. Can we all just mail ourselves to David and give him a big hug and never let go?

Looks like many of us had the same idea, coming back "home".

So sad and shocked about Michael's passing.

Vsteph, he loved Queen so much.  He's probably hanging out with Freddie Mercury.   Wink 
Yes! I forgot about Freddy. Of course. So nice to see everyone again. It is comforting. No words for how I feel about this. Very Sad

@Jilly wrote:
you're Lucky Lori I wanted to go to the Idol your that year but I had no money nor means to get to the closest venue or anyone to go with unless I went with my mom or something so I never got to see Michael Johns it really is a shame that he had to die so soon. I loved him almost as much as I love David. Can we all just mail ourselves to David and give him a big hug and never let go?

Kinda loved this sentiment. Where is the highlighter option?

There needs to be one why is there no highlighter option?

There used to be a highlighter option. Not sure where it is or went.

Guest Guest
You can click on the color option to change the text To highlight something just copy it and paste it in the middle of the color code.

Can we all just mail ourselves to David and give him a big hug and never let go?

justforme wrote:
You can click on the color option to change the text To highlight something just copy it and paste it in the middle of the color code.

Can we all just mail ourselves to David and give him a big hug and never let go?

test

Guest Guest
You're welcome!

Guest Guest

I was at Dave's Ottawa and Kokomo shows this past weekend. At both shows he brought up Micheal's passing.

In Ottawa, he offered up a toast:

Just thought I'd share those here, and thanks to Kristen for taking the videos!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.