Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cholette

The JEZEBEL Spirit

Recommended Posts

I will explain more about this later, but there was a "jezebel" spirit that had been harrassing me over the years. No matter where i went, that spirit seemed to follow me through other people.

I just started this new job over a month ago and one of the girls, who was the sweetest girl in the office, all of a sudden, flipped on me and her attitude just changed. I didn't get it, but God pointed it out to me. I had always thought that Jezebel was ONLY in church, but it's more than that (this will require more study for me).

Anyway, God showed it to me in prayer and on my way to work yesterday I went off in the spirit against it. I also asked God to give me an opportunity to encourage her. He did that PLUS yesterday was the best day ever with this girl. She was talking to me, instead of growling at me or being rude. I had an opportunity to be one on one with her in the kitchen and I told her that I have discerned her stress and that everything is going to be okay. She just looked at me in shock and then I rubbed her back. I heard the Lord say "its the anointing that breaks the yoke". It was after THAT moment where everything turned around.

You gotta love how God does things. It's been a long 6 weeks on this job...BUT GOD!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amen, thanks for sharing this, Cholette! It's a great reminder of the spiritual warfare that we encounter at work that we sometimes overlook. When we remember who we're dealing with, we can stand in our spiritual authority, take back our place in the work setting and continue our spiritual and natural assignment in that space. :hallelujah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amen, amen, Cholette-chica, it's true! The enemy is a liar. He just uses that spirit to cause conflict and division between people -the things we see-, when he knows good and well, that the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, mind, attitude, but of the spirit of Almighty God, which pulls down the thick walled defenses and deep entrenchments that satan has made in peoples' lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know this post is kind of long, but I feel led to share about my experience with the Jezebel spirit:

Prophets have at least one (usually several) showdown(s) with Jezebel or they aren't really prophets, in my experience. People in my life who have this Jezebel spirit (I've fought off probably at least 50 of these) operating through them:

are usually pretty intelligent
write notes (sounds weird, I know see 1 Kings 21:8)
tend to be control freaks
pride themselves on getting things done, no matter what the price (I Kings 21: 5-16)
use intimidation, are masters at subtle intimidation
use the silent treatment
are good at getting other people involved in the fray (1 Kings 21:25)
like embarassing their victims publicly
are very intimidated by people who can expose them [anyone with prophetic or discernment giftings]
seem to get along with everyone but prophets--like to make you feel like you're crazy, use invalidation
like stripping people of their power (I don't think it was an accident that eunuchs threw Jezebel out the window in the Bible)
aren't necessarily women
use flattery in masterful ways

Again, this has been my experience and what I've learned from reading the Bible. Prayer is absolutely the best defense. I've seen this spirit completely muzzled by prayer.

The people who have this spirit operating through them are hurting people. Deep down I think they feel defenseless so they use control to cover their fear. I feel especially sorry for the spouses of these people. If you look at 1 Kings 21:27-29 where Ahab humbled himself and God had mercy on him, I think it had to do with God knowing all the heartache Ahab had had having Jezebel for a wife.

One last thing I've learned about dealing with this spirit is that it likes to bite you after you think you've defeated it. I thought I was completely reconciled with a person who had this spirit and she turned around and really, really hurt me, so beware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you so much for this Deborah. Your list describes EVERY single Jezebel that has been in my life, over the years...especially my coworker. I do know that she is a sad young girl who has been given "some" power in the office and has run with it, so to speak.

Your last statement is EXACTLY what the Lord told me. He said that even though things are going well, don't stop praying...stay on the offense. I've been doing this and I will continue to do it, in this situation, and those situations that will TRY to come my way in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would like to say something tha I think may help.

Jezebelic spirit is actually rooted in insecurities and fears esp. fear of man. This spirit tends to control anyone when it is threatened. Also, this spirit brings bondage and injects fears if not detected or discerned through the eyes of the HS. The impact of its work depends on the degree as we allow it to manipulate us. In church as a whole, it masks as religious spirit, which is a counterfeit power of the HS.

This spirit is really dangerous!!!!!

Blessings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cholette wrote:
Thank you so much for this Deborah. Your list describes EVERY single Jezebel that has been in my life, over the years...especially my coworker. I do know that she is a sad young girl who has been given "some" power in the office and has run with it, so to speak.

Your last statement is EXACTLY what the Lord told me. He said that even though things are going well, don't stop praying...stay on the offense. I've been doing this and I will continue to do it, in this situation, and those situations that will TRY to come my way in the future.
Praise the Lord. I'm glad my time in the trenches can help someone else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
U know that game if i were an animal what animal would i be? Well if jezebel asked me i would have to say a "scorpion"...selah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you guys for this post and for the list!!!

I'm ashamed to say but I believe that I have that spirit. I can't write much right now cause my husband just got home from pt
Just saying that it's a real struggle in my life and now it has a name. I despise and hate it and it needs to get out of my life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hind'sfeet wrote:
Thank you guys for this post and for the list!!!

I'm ashamed to say but I believe that I have that spirit. I can't write much right now cause my husband just got home from pt
Just saying that it's a real struggle in my life and now it has a name. I despise and hate it and it needs to get out of my life


Hinds, there are several manifestations of this kind of spirit, and it takes the working of the Holy Spirit to unmask this destructive spirit. From the day that I have encountered this spirit in my life, I learned that each one of us has this kind of spirit to some degree and manifestation. To say that I dont have this kind of spirit would be an indication that I do have, as far as my experience in concerned. This kind of spirit is so subtle and it is hard to detect, nobody can be delivered with this without the genuine working of the HS. I could even say that sometimes I am deceived and fooled with this spirit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i think u can confuse personality types wiv this spirit,, i dont think it comes in differeent sizes, i kno ppll who r unda its influence and othas who r free of it,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dreamster wrote:
i think u can confuse personality types wiv this spirit,, i dont think it comes in differeent sizes, i kno ppll who r unda its influence and othas who r free of it,,


lol! It could be laugh , sumtyms cud come in square, circle, triangle or different polygons laugh , sumtyms cud come as a boy you da man! a girl you go girl! or old oldguy etc. lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lol! i think ur out on a tangent here, ,,dont want u gettg outta shape on this one,, genD always in stayin in shape,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:hmm: I got better than that.... tornado driving :titanic: Owen doing triathlon when done, Daph\\'s Dreams :donut: Sweet Dreams laugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ok asa ''rule ''put ur best ''foot'' 4ward,,..dont be a ''square'', ,increase ur ''circle'' of frends,, ,,an watch all ur movys in 3D,,,, gen D takin the lead,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rofl you 2!!!

Thank you Owen!!
I do know how subtle it is. Looking back I can see how God has been bringing it to light in my life. Subconscious ulterior motives are the WORST!!! I'm always thinking about my motives now and so often I notice that they aren't quite innocent. Even when asking God for help I catch myself trying to manipulate Him. It makes me angry because I don't want to do that but it's so sneaky. When I do realize that I'm praying manipulative prayers I always apologize but because I'm so frustrated with whatever I'm praying about it happens again with a different manipulative prayer tactic. I know that comes from not having faith. I have trust issues in general.
That's only one thing I've been dealing with lately!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D, in your experience, how can you tell who is free of that spirit and in whom it is part of their personality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well i kno ppl who hav strong personalitys, they r ppl who lead ,pioneer, who r tuff ,, but they dont control.or manipulate or opress, they do wat ther supoosed 2 do,,u dont feel bad around them cos ther not climbing ova u 2 get sumwer, ,,tru leaders inspire,, ,,conversely ppl ive knowen irl wer i live wiv jeze spirit often hav rejection issues,, want u asa pawn in ther lives,, opress u,, manipulate an control in any area,, i hadda bad pasta, nearly destroyed mi life, it was the werst,, this is a very breif reply swty,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hind'sfeet wrote:
rofl you 2!!!

Thank you Owen!!
I do know how subtle it is. Looking back I can see how God has been bringing it to light in my life. Subconscious ulterior motives are the WORST!!! I'm always thinking about my motives now and so often I notice that they aren't quite innocent. Even when asking God for help I catch myself trying to manipulate Him. It makes me angry because I don't want to do that but it's so sneaky. When I do realize that I'm praying manipulative prayers I always apologize but because I'm so frustrated with whatever I'm praying about it happens again with a different manipulative prayer tactic. I know that comes from not having faith. I have trust issues in general.
That's only one thing I've been dealing with lately!


The good thing is, you are aware of it, that is a sign that the HS is working. I really understand how it feels, it is like a combination of self pity, a bit of condemnation but combined with a strong sense of conviction. I did struglle during those times, and you are right one of the reason is lack of trust and faith in him, this is why we do what we think is right according to how we see things.

During those times, God is always reminding me that I have to carry my cross everyday, means I have to die daily, because if not, the big ´I´will usurp the throne of God, and become vulnerable of this destructive spirit. So I learned if we are caught off guard spiritually, this spirit will take the control, even so, Im still learning it until right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deborah wrote:
Again, this has been my experience and what I've learned from reading the Bible. Prayer is absolutely the best defense. I've seen this spirit completely muzzled by prayer.
...
One last thing I've learned about dealing with this spirit is that it likes to bite you after you think you've defeated it. I thought I was completely reconciled with a person who had this spirit and she turned around and really, really hurt me, so beware.


Hi Deborah, this is a serious question: what type of prayer do you pray to muzzle this spirit? And when do you do this? Do you need prayer covering from others when facing this type of spirit?
I'm dealing with some people that are operating in this spirit and I'm finding it increasingly hard. God has kept me from bonding with most of them, which at the time I didn't know but have come to see that as His protection. I'm having an increasing amount of dreams where I'm having confrontations with this type of spirit. It's pretty full on. My natural inclination has been(and still is) to avoid anyone with this spirit as much as I can, but somehow God keeps bringing this issue to my attention. I obviously can't run from it and I think confrontation is imminent some time in the (near?)future. So, back to my original questions: how/when to pray? And not less important, how to counteract/withstand the fear/manipulation/intimidation that this spirit hurls around? All I can find in the Bible is that which is mentioned in 1 Kings and Rev.2:20-23 which shows the severity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey Owen, I'm sorry I didn't reply. I read your reply before but wasn't able to answer then.

That's a relief to know!
Yeah, that describes it... I'm glad I'm not the only one that's going/gone through that.

What are some other reasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
traveller wrote:
Deborah wrote:
Again, this has been my experience and what I've learned from reading the Bible. Prayer is absolutely the best defense. I've seen this spirit completely muzzled by prayer.
...
One last thing I've learned about dealing with this spirit is that it likes to bite you after you think you've defeated it. I thought I was completely reconciled with a person who had this spirit and she turned around and really, really hurt me, so beware.


Hi Deborah, this is a serious question: what type of prayer do you pray to muzzle this spirit? And when do you do this? Do you need prayer covering from others when facing this type of spirit?
I'm dealing with some people that are operating in this spirit and I'm finding it increasingly hard. God has kept me from bonding with most of them, which at the time I didn't know but have come to see that as His protection. I'm having an increasing amount of dreams where I'm having confrontations with this type of spirit. It's pretty full on. My natural inclination has been(and still is) to avoid anyone with this spirit as much as I can, but somehow God keeps bringing this issue to my attention. I obviously can't run from it and I think confrontation is imminent some time in the (near?)future. So, back to my original questions: how/when to pray? And not less important, how to counteract/withstand the fear/manipulation/intimidation that this spirit hurls around? All I can find in the Bible is that which is mentioned in 1 Kings and Rev.2:20-23 which shows the severity.


This is one of my experiences:
/t10134-friday-funeral-and-family-feud?highlight=friday+funeral

As to HOW to pray, I can't give the exact words but just confront the spirit and tell it that it will NOT intimidate you. WHEN to pray? Prayer is absolutely essential before being around this spirit (and SOS prayers work too if you're caught unprepared). If you look at how Elijah responded to Jezebel in the Bible, you'll see he was intimidated by that spirit.

I looked someone in the eye once who was trying to manipulate me and I said simply, with authority, "NOW is NOT the time." That Jezebel spirit backed off. I hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deborah wrote:
As to HOW to pray, I can't give the exact words but just confront the spirit and tell it that it will NOT intimidate you. WHEN to pray? Prayer is absolutely essential before being around this spirit (and SOS prayers work too if you're caught unprepared). If you look at how Elijah responded to Jezebel in the Bible, you'll see he was intimidated by that spirit.

I looked someone in the eye once who was trying to manipulate me and I said simply, with authority, "NOW is NOT the time." That Jezebel spirit backed off. John Bevere has a good Bible study on initimidation; I would HIGHLY recommend it to you if you're serious about stopping this spirit in its tracks in your life. I hope this helps.


Thanks so much Deborah. I looked at buying that resource a while back but didn't..so thanks for reminding me. Intimidation is exactly what's been holding me back, sos prayers I've done many of those,and God has given me peace and His protection at those times but i've not confronted this spirit..that's the problem. It's like I'm going around the same mountain again and again. Please pray for me to grow in courage and for Him to help me stand in the authority He's given me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You'll find this spirit is like a bully--when it sees you mean business it WILL back down. I'm glad I could be used by the Lord to bring a little insight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You sure did. The comment about the bully actually shed some more light..
Thanks, God bless you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh! And one last thing: This really helped me, Psalms 18: 17-19.

He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.
He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wow...I am learning a lot about the Jezebel spirit...I appreciat this collective lesson. I don't have many people that are in my life with this spirit, but have wondered about a woman who I just sensed in the spirit that something was wrong...she said she loved God and she always seemed passionate about running here or running there for a concert or to hear a Christian speaker, but I always got a check in the spirit every time she invited me...and I wondered if she had a Jezebel spirit, because she pressured me in ways that seemed fearful to my spirit....totally out of peace. But I thought wow, this lady knows so much...could it be possible that she is just an immature Christian, knowing the ways and the words of God but not applying them? what do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does this Jezebel spirit appear as an immature Christian,walking the walk but not talking the talk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've seen it in non Christians, but usually I've found this spirit in people who are very Christian-looking on the outside--diligent church workers, if you know what I mean. Immaturity does show up in Jezebels during crisis--crisis, afterall, has a way of showing our fruits or lack thereof.

I would hesitate to say your acquaintance has this Jezebel spirit--some people are just pushy because that's their personality or that's how they were raised--but it's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I didnt really know what it was, because in the experience this church lady always called to talk about the latest Christian author and prophet and always going here and there and reading all the latest books. I mostly depend on all my food directly from God, so I didnt really share her enthusiasm for the manymany people that she talked about. But she seemed to say the right things, yet in the spirit I wondered if she was a witch mascarading as a Christian because someing wasnt right. I knew it for sure, when after knowing her casually for a few years, one time she shared that her son was living with a girl and the girl got pregnant.
The woman was enraged and said the girl had "trapped her son" and now she and her husband had advised the son to shake the dust off their feet and have nothing to do with the baby, basically to abandon it as the girl was strange and it was all a plot from the enemy.
I told her straight up, that to abandon the child, was like the Bible says, the man who will not take care of his family is worse than an infidel. I never heard from her again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not to be confused. I knew it for sure that something was "not right" with her spirit...I still do not know if she has witchcraft connections, but then rebellion is a form of witchcraft as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deborah wrote:
Oh! And one last thing: This really helped me, Psalms 18: 17-19.

He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.
He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me


Thanks Deborah, actually that whole Psalm ministered to me when I read it yesterday. Praise God!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm revisiting this post because I recently saw a lady preacher called a Jezebel on Facebook just because she was a LADY preacher. The person cited that scripture about how women are to remain silent in the church. Women who have anointing from God to preach teach and prophesy are NOT Jezebels just because they're female!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deborah wrote:
I'm revisiting this post because I recently saw a lady preacher called a Jezebel on Facebook just because she was a LADY preacher. The person cited that scripture about how women are to remain silent in the church. Women who have anointing from God to preach teach and prophesy are NOT Jezebels just because they're female!!!!!!


Amen! "Jezebel" is a name people will attach to anyone now a days. I really believe its a tactic of the enemy to water it down so people won't be aware of it any longer. We have to stay on the wall of prayer.

I know I began this post two years ago and it was before I was ordained as a prophet. Now that I am, it's amazing the amount of manipulation that takes place around me. I'm not saying they are Jezebels, but the are Jezebel-esque. There is a young girl who also has a strong prophetic gift who is ALWAYS in my face. She always has a word for me and she can be quite annoying. Most people are afraid to give me words and they go to my pastor to relay the word to him, but not her. She seems to be so overly confident and it appears she is trying to build herself up in her own eyes by doing that. My Pastor has had to call her on giving "parking lot" prophecies...over and over again. She feels as if she has words or people so she gives them no matter what...that is rebellion.

She can be a sweet and loving girl, but deals with rejection and wants to be loved and accepted. I do accept her, but I have to also use discernment and protect myself. I feel that the moment my guard is down, the bite takes place. bandaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
her issue is witchcraft, not hokus pokus that is distorting her gift an true potential , wil probly hav insecurity issues aswell ,,rebellion and unteachable spirit also apply, she needs prayr an counsil ,,but im sure its ratha irksome 4 thee ,,seems like wen ur prophet everybody haS 2 contend wiv u, compete wiv u, ther r alotta prophet wanna bees out ther, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, D,a non profit org lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exactly Dee! I'm also trying to get my flesh in check as well because I really shouldn't be that irked with her...but I am. My pastor told me to connect with her so she can learn. He said that she definately has a gift inside of her, but it needs to be tempered. My responsibility is to keep watch on the prophetic side of things and because we are a "prophetic" church...EVERYBODY wants to prophesy. He allows it during our church prayers, but we have to get a handle on those who are pullling people over to the side and giving them some harsh and specific information that IS NOT of God. I didn't sign up for this, did I? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your account of that girl reminds me of the girl in Acts 16:16-18 who followed Paul and Silas around for many days saying, "These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation." This was a true statement but after many days it says Paul was "greatly annoyed" and rebuked the spirit that was on her and she was delivered. The. Scripture said hers was a spirit of divination and apparently she was pretty accurate in her "prophecy" because she made her masters a lot of money.

Cholette. do you think something like this could be operating in the girl you mentioned or is she just really really immature?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy Deborah, I totally forgot about that story. It lines up so well. Let me sit with it and pray and I will let you know.

holy moly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C ,,yes u may well be her salvation ,,an her mentor ,im sure u can iron her out ,,i kan imagine how she wud get in ones grill ,,an slow ur roll sumtimes, howevvva,, u kud well be an esta ,,4 sucha time as this ,,um spankin comes wiv the territory lol!,,mi fav scrip 4 sherriff wanna bees is ''prophcy is 2 comfort,,edify..and exhort, '' ,,,no exhaust,, discourage,,or depress ,, here endeth the lesson,,,, D,, napp attack,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi all,

I'm glad I came upon this post. I wonder if I am having a bout with this Jezebel spirit. Please read as follows and share thoughts.

One of my friends was telling me about her ex-roommate who was verablly abusive and made her feel oppressed and inferior. When asked if she did anything about it, when defending herself, ex-roomie basically shut her back down. I thought that was just horrible as I could not put up with that from anyone, much less a roommate. I even started to get slightly angry because my friend is genuinely nice and warm-hearted girl, but I always know there are two sides to a story so I was not quick to jump on her bandwagon.

It was a shocker for me because I know her ex-roomie and never noticed these actions from the girl. So although my friend was telling me all these bad things ex-roomie did, I knew not to have a biased opinion because I haven't seen it for myself. Do you know what I mean?

The thing that confused me is that my friend still communicates with her ex-roomie, like shopping and catching lunch. I thought hey, maybe they're better off just as friends and not living living together. Because otherwise, why would you tell me about how horrible a person treats you then hang out with them, you know?

Because I thought everyone was cordial, I invited my friend, the ex-roomie, and another girl to a basketball game (the other girl was actually the new roomie when my friend moved out. But the new girl moved out for other issues). My friend and the new girl (they both know each other by the way) talked to each other mostly. I felt bad for ex-roomie because she just sat there. So I spoke to make conversation. My friend and new girl left early because new girl was tired. New girl and I texted later that night, and apparently she and ex-roomie weren't getting along. I apologized because I had no idea since a week or two ago everyone seemed okay. She said she and ex-roomie are civil only when ex-roomie needs a favor.

Does this sound like the ex-roomie has Jezebel spirit? Initially I felt bad for ex-roomie because my friend says all these things that I don't see. I felt like giving her a chance, but after reading these posts I wonder if I should keep my distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This convo was a while ago... but just wondering, what if the person isn't aware they have that spirit? and say, I see this identifying things in a friend, what are you supposed to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Jazzy... It could be that the roommate is operating in that spirit, but its hard to say. I'm very careful in saying that a person has a Jezebel spirit unless God points it out to me. Some people are just mean and don't know how to treat people. The roommate could be jealous and just treats your friend unkindly. Pray over the situation and ask God to reveal what that is and go from there.

Gracee...most people who operate in this spirit don't realize they do. It goes undetected by those around it and those who operate in it. God can tell you how to deal with it. In my case, it was me laying my hand on her unassumingly for God to break that thing off of her. It just depends...allow God to give you His strategies on how to handle that...He will! A former Pastor's wife operated in the spirit of Jezebel and everyone called her powerful and a Strong leader. It was God that showed me little things behind the scenes that she did that put her in control of the church instead of her husband. She shot his ideas down behind the scenes and eventually did that in front of people. So sometimes women in power can have that Spirit and everyone thinks she's strong. Like I said, it has to be discerned. Not all strong women leaders have the spirit of Jezebel.

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.