Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorrr

Thorrr Oz haul UPDATE 28/06/2009

Here in Oz all the shops start their weekly specials on thursdays, and one of the department store chains called "Myer" has a "buy 2 get one free" special on HW mainlines starting today, so I went hunting.

First Myer shop did not have many cars, but I wanted the 70 Cuda as it is one of the cars I want most in real life, the 40 ford I plan to turn into a Rat Rod, and the Midmill is just interesting.

Same shopping center also has a Toys R us so I went in there too, and they also had a "buy 2 get 1 free" and I found my first Dairy ever (I only started doing HWs 2 months ago Very Happy ) a 67 Camaro - old-fashioned casting with opening hood and engine, I will paint this like the old spectraflame finish, and the Mustang I will paint as an Elanor but different colour.

Last shop was another Myer, they had a whole rack of cars...all Matchbox with about 10 HW, so I asked if they had any others, and the lady said there was an unopened box out the back and she went and got it, and from that box I pulled a Treasure Hunt Fury, another Dairy and another 67 Camaro. There was only 1 of each of these in the box, but there were 3 or more of almost all the other castings in that box.

I'm happy with that haul for a total of AU$ 13.30 (RM 37.50)

Thorrr

awesome score! i am still yet to land myself a fury, but i did visit a myers myself which has a miserable selection of hot wheels unfortunately.

nice haul there thorr! cheers

here in Malaysia we can only drool each time we see haul from aussie.... Evil or Very Mad

Nice hauls especially the fury......here is hoping I get something tommorow...Smile gut feeling...hmmmmm

wow.. lovely.. all nice catch u got there..
and a nice avatar also, RazzRazz

fury~
hope can find that later...
haha
total is quite okay also for 9 cards...
Wink

Great haul Thorrr, I must go to that nearby Myer too to ask for the boxes... Twisted Evil

very good stuff there! cheers

and...

Spoiler:

damn ur lucky silentsilent

hish... jom pindah sana kurz

The normal price here in M'sia is RM6.50 wor..during promo then will be cheaper but old stocks lol!

BTW, congrats on the nice catch Thor!

aphong2681 wrote:
The normal price here in M'sia is RM6.50 wor..during promo then will be cheaper but old stocks lol!

thorr bought 9 cards for around rm37.

our promo cheapest is rm5/card..9 cards will be rm45..still a LOL..hahaha Laughing
unless ur referring to dragtors and blimps offer price.. Razz

even at promo we still pay more...
plus its made in malaysia kurz...
haha
Wink

G'day mate! Cool hauls and never too late to start this crazy hoBBy and share with all us! Very Happy....

Come and tell us a little more about yourself here ---->Welcome Newcomers

Went away to a country town for the weekend, and went to the sunday Trash abd Treasure market.
Scored 3 Boneshakers Very Happy , 2 '64 Rivieras ( I have a 1:1 1972 Riviera) Cobra and 56 van for their opening hoods, and the Metrorail and GTO because they are interesting.

Wreck in front is a 1975 Matchbox Dodge Challenger, got it for free because of it's poor condition... it will be fun fixing it up.

Thorrr

wow dun 4get to post ur wip on the repaint job! Smile

cool haul thorr~
and u even own a 1:1 buick...
one of my favorite hehe
Wink

nice haul thorr!! can't wait to see ya custom work soon. Very Happy

kurz wrote:
aphong2681 wrote:

thorr bought 9 cards for around rm37.

our promo cheapest is rm5/card..9 cards will be rm45..still a LOL..hahaha Laughing
unless ur referring to dragtors and blimps offer price.. Razz

wht abt TRU's buy 3 free 1 (RM19.5/4=RM4.9)? I think this is the cheapest here now (dun count the RM3 Blimp & dragtors lar Razz )
But yeah, i gotta agree wif u their promo is way better then here which always promo only on the unwanted cars..

Rayz-HWC wrote:
I wanna see the 1:1 Buick!!! Very Happy

oookeydokey, here you go, 1:1 1972 Buick Riviera Cool

Wow.. nice ride.. maybe try to custom 1:64 version or other scale for ur ride, SmileSmile
Great ride u got there man.. u r so lucky.. Smile

Thorrr wrote:
Here in Oz all the shops start their weekly specials on thursdays, and one of the department store chains called "Myer" has a "buy 2 get one free" special on HW mainlines starting today, so I went hunting.

First Myer shop did not have many cars, but I wanted the 70 Cuda as it is one of the cars I want most in real life, the 40 ford I plan to turn into a Rat Rod, and the Midmill is just interesting.

Same shopping center also has a Toys R us so I went in there too, and they also had a "buy 2 get 1 free" and I found my first Dairy ever (I only started doing HWs 2 months ago Very Happy ) a 67 Camaro - old-fashioned casting with opening hood and engine, I will paint this like the old spectraflame finish, and the Mustang I will paint as an Elanor but different colour.

Last shop was another Myer, they had a whole rack of cars...all Matchbox with about 10 HW, so I asked if they had any others, and the lady said there was an unopened box out the back and she went and got it, and from that box I pulled a Treasure Hunt Fury, another Dairy and another 67 Camaro. There was only 1 of each of these in the box, but there were 3 or more of almost all the other castings in that box.

I'm happy with that haul for a total of AU$ 13.30 (RM 37.50)

Thorrr

wow bro..those all are almost 2009 latest.....so lucky to have that......i've seen that only from pic of y friend...

Thorrr wrote:
oookeydokey, here you go, 1:1 1972 Buick Riviera Cool

woww..nice car..n the background is nice too! u sure knows where to do ur photo shooting! hehe

nice 1:1 buick~
u shud really custom one in 1:64 scale and put inside there hehe
Wink