Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
burn rubber

Scalper in melaka, they are every where!!

i never realize there is so many scapler in melaka, today i went for the hot wheels road show at jusco ayer keroh melaka, and i was really dissapointed when i see again there is no t-hunt on the rack. but i was so curious that with so many boxes open how come there is not a single t-hunt. then suddenly one of the guy from jusco ayer keroh just smile at me and say "looking for t-hunt??" "that one very hard to get woh" "all the t-hunt here is all booked by ppl already". i was bit fed up but i can't do anything because from the way they talks is obvious they don't know the value or the meaning for t-hunt and besides i don't want to sabotage my good tie to them cause they always told me when is the next offer, so i decide to leave it. then i went to 7-11 bachang and again the people there told me all the t-hunts are booked. and then i try some others 7-11 and new jusco too and the result are same all t-hunts are booked. i didn't say anything to any of the people there cause there is very limited place in melaka to look for hot wheels besides we have very limit stock here so i understand people desperate to get t-hunt. but i have to say never once occur in my mind that i want someone to keep t-hunts for me. i don't mind if people hunt everyday and get all the nice t-hunts, but apparently all this t-hunts in melaka never make it to the shelf, they just went right in to the drawer once they were seen in the boxs. so today i was really fed up and is funny small things like this going to ruin my weekend. i decide to put this here and also i write a email to aeon jusco but i doubt if they will ever really take serious bout this but no harm to try, in my email i state clearly the meaning of t-hunts is just the same as their offer MILO- only 2 for each person lol

...that's why I don't give a damn about T-Hunts.
I've been collecting for 5 years and never have I scored one on my own merit.

My advice? Just be content with what you have. This is just a hobby, not a way of life.

yes, that is way i decide to just keep quiet at the spot. cause i don't want to ruin my chance to get others nice car which is not t-hunt. but still my heart feel uncomfortable with it. i am very petty

Sorry to hear that. I can imagine in melaka where there are fewer places to hunt it would be a challenge to find any thunts especially if one person "bungkus the whole of melaka" and basically "pay" the staff some money to book the cars and then wait for their call to pick it up. This also happens in KL but there are just to many places for them to cover so its easier to score a thunt on a fresh peg. But remember also, its not just a scalper but it could be a collector who is doing this and I know for instance a certain giant in KL where a collector/scalper actually pays a staff member there 5 ringgit for each thunt and then takes it to the counter and pays 6.50, so totalling altogether 11.50. I thought, thats really some loser shit who forgot that you are supposed to hunt these cars not pay extra for them. And wouldn it be even be sadder if they said, "Oh I hunted this down myself", tsk tsk tsk.

By the way I was there in Jusco Ayer Keroh and I saw those boxes as well on Saturday morning. My advice to you is keep trying and perhaps strike up a conversation with the staff in jusco, 7-11 etc etc to find out more about the situation. Some questions that you can ask is: How much are they paying for each thunt? How many thunt they have inside their drawer? and can you have just one? You will never know they may like you and then pass you one. Its not as great as getting it off the racks but different places needs a certain finesse.

Yes, we have heard many stories of this. That's one of the reasons we have this club to help each other. Get to know as many members as you can, and we act as a group to scout, haul and share the greens ahead of the scalpers.

i talk to the person incharge in a good manner, i was asking if i could have the person number so i could contact him as a hot wheels fans maybe to chat or trade but they say they wan to ask the person 1st if they can do that. as for 7-11 they ask me how much i willing to pay for the t-hunts.

Me face the same situation here also!! My advise...keep it cool bro! Jus haul wat u wan and can! I dont think we can do anything to beat those insider/scalper! Maybe ur complain or advice to the person in charge will help..but i think in short term only! They go "BACK IN ACTION"..again and again!!

pydrumerboy wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I can imagine in melaka where there are fewer places to hunt it would be a challenge to find any thunts especially if one person "bungkus the whole of melaka" and basically "pay" the staff some money to book the cars and then wait for their call to pick it up. This also happens in KL but there are just to many places for them to cover so its easier to score a thunt on a fresh peg. But remember also, its not just a scalper but it could be a collector who is doing this and I know for instance a certain giant in KL where a collector/scalper actually pays a staff member there 5 ringgit for each thunt and then takes it to the counter and pays 6.50, so totalling altogether 11.50. I thought, thats really some loser shit who forgot that you are supposed to hunt these cars not pay extra for them. And wouldn it be even be sadder if they said, "Oh I hunted this down myself", tsk tsk tsk.

By the way I was there in Jusco Ayer Keroh and I saw those boxes as well on Saturday morning. My advice to you is keep trying and perhaps strike up a conversation with the staff in jusco, 7-11 etc etc to find out more about the situation. Some questions that you can ask is: How much are they paying for each thunt? How many thunt they have inside their drawer? and can you have just one? You will never know they may like you and then pass you one. Its not as great as getting it off the racks but different places needs a certain finesse.

i have experience in asking jusco staff in midvalley, knowing that chances of getting that TH is 0% but no harm trying that. To my surprise , the manning staff didn't raise his head or facing me but just reply "tak ada, tak ada.." looking at the floor and shaking his head. What the heck, he must have something to hide. But to me, just one of the hunting experience, i just move on because there are still others places to hunt.

i already ask the staff already, and they were "kind" enough to told me already "booked", this show that they don't know the meaning of t-hunts so i don't blame them. but anyway maybe i try to talk to them again, maybe make up story tell them t-hunts can be sell for RM1000 make the scalper life hard .

I feel u bro.. Malaysia apa pun boleh! Those scalpers are probably making $$ out from selling Thunts so whatever commission they collect will be part of their cost only.. The only way is to stop buying THUNT from other people.. trading is fine but IF YOU STOP THE BUYING, YOU STOP THE SCALPING!

i don't even recognise/remember the face of kk famous fat scalper, but my wife still remembers his face,, yesterday went with my wife and daughter for lunch and she (my wife) told me that the scalper is eating a few tables in front of us, my wife later said to me..... mesti dia (scalper)baru lepas ambil thunt lepas tu dapat kad hijau senang hati pergi makan mcd hahahaha, so don't take hunting thunt$ seriously, collecting basic cars fun also what......

basic cars also must collect, t-hunt i only looking for certain mold only. but what trouble is me is because of scalper, i never had a chance to find those t-hunt on my own, have to buy from people just lost the fun and excitement of finding it on your own. some more my hati feel tak senang only after i hear they say all t-hunts are "booked"

hassan wrote:
u r not alone ...

Tulang/tengkorak bone shaker dah bercakap

eden sobonarnyo tak pdulik pun t-hang2 nih.. yang ado pun t-hang bs jo.. so lobih baik takyah nak ngumpul dari den sakit hati tak jumpo sebab bila jumpo den pun jadi scalper gak.. dak gitu perangai kito smuo.. bilo tak jumpo mengeluih orang scalper tapi bilo jumpo kito pun bedal gak apo yang ado..poi mampuih la orang lain ye tak.. so 2x5 cakap 5x2..

boto tu oncik hassan.. eden sokong lah sesangat dongan apo yang diperkatokan tu.. melaka mana cakap macam ni bro.. melaka cakap ulau melingkau atas pagau... Very Happy

i agree with yao..dont bother about thunts..i was just lucky to find some back some time..i just collect what i want..afterall its just a hobby..unless im really into that casting then take extra measures to look around or trade..

It seems we have been through this kind of topic before. But never the less, refreshed our mind again.
Here's my personal tips of getting rip of scalpers.

(1) Know your Scalpers.
Keep on going to the scalpers territory, don't stop. Sooner or later, you come face to face with them.
That's a good info already because you know who they are.

(2) Your mobile phone camera is your best friend.
Nothing in this world is better then having a 'visual' proof. Since you know them already, so when they
showed up in that particular area, there's only one reason: 'transaction' is going on with the 'inside person'
So snapped them.

(3) Smile, you're on Candid Camera.
Sent the proof EVERYWHERE, let's say, if it's coming from Jusco. Sent your proof to Aeon Group.
Also sent it to Mattel Group. Although the situation is a common happening but at least you
have proof and they have to do something about it. Rather than just a complain letter that can be ignored.
Post it at forums also, so we can see who the bugger is.

(4) A Treasure Hunt$ is ONLY a toy.
This is important because why is a TH such a big deal to be scalped? It is because WE make it happened.
WE believe it is a BIG DEAL to find a rubber wheel at rm6.90. WE are willing to pay more for it.
WE can get jealous of it, that's why scalpers exist to begin with. Maybe some of us don't do this but seriously...
who are we kidding, right? Mind over matters.
So, the best way to stopped scalping is control our hype over a Treasure Hunt. The less hype it is, the less
scalping will happened. It's only a Treasure Hunt, so what? Have you seen the TH lately compared to the past years,
the car is getting more plastic than ever! And now we have REGULAR and SUPER.

Come on, there's others Hot Wheels range we can admires. Set our mind on selective cars.
Let the scalpers play with each other, we got our own game to play.

My sell:
/hot-wheels-sales-f30/atomdksaledairydeliveryvwfastbackboneshakermustangrlc-t3848.htm#108616

Yup. Well said. There are many room more than thunt ( ? evil bay ). This topic should be closed now.

ckh and danielh:
..thinking to myself " ye la tu..its just a toy.. bila tak dapat muka monyok"... cabuttt
ahahaha j.k..j.k.. ...

Yes...yes, I agreed with atom....but it's depend on our lucks as well. I manage to hauls some thunt and thunt$ by my ownself at tesco and petronas before but not in TRU, C4 and jusco....it seem those place are haunted Evil or Very Mad

hassan wrote:
ckh and danielh:
..thinking to myself " ye la tu..its just a toy.. bila tak dapat muka monyok"... cabuttt
ahahaha j.k..j.k.. ...

The more u know about the TH story, the more u will want to had it tongue

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot. affraid

well seems like can't do anything bout it. this problem is going to go on and on. i can see scalper on the opposite road

Scalper : join us at the dark side.....
me: neverrrrr.......

burn rubber wrote:
well seems like can't do anything bout it. this problem is going to go on and on. i can see scalper on the opposite road

Scalper : join us at the dark side.....
me: neverrrrr.......

Cool bro. Enjoy the collection but ignore "those". It will be more than meet the eyes; reservation, insider, link (family/friend/relative/buddy work in the retail), book first pay later, etc. sort of things. No "right" or "wrong" at those but just a matter of "tactic" and "intention" Ooppsss...seems I'm talking like sifu UCB, LOL
Conventional way; hunt more, right time right place & luck (friend/family's help, and so on...) you will be the happiest man when getting the part from the fresh box or hanging on the peg on a particular wonderful day.
Cheers!

musclemania wrote:
Cool bro. Enjoy the collection but ignore "those". It will be more than meet the eyes; reservation, insider, link (family/friend/relative/buddy work in the retail), book first pay later, etc. sort of things. No "right" or "wrong" at those but just a matter of "tactic" and "intention" Ooppsss...seems I'm talking like sifu UCB, LOL
Conventional way; hunt more, right time right place & luck (friend/family's help, and so on...) you will be the happiest man when getting the part from the fresh box or hanging on the peg on a particular wonderful day.
Cheers!

nice statement.

ada rezeki ada la.....usaha lagi untuk dapatkan apa yang "dikehendaki"....

chee keng hong wrote:
as i say...never ending story about these scalper!! We jus have to hunt wisely!!

Hunt "wisely", CKH? Ada hidden message boh?

sahama wrote:
To hunt wisely, got money and time can hunts

Totally agreed, Sahama, these are the 2 items I really lack of, hahaha